talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Madrid’s going to score in the double digits and FSG will probably still be against us signing a midfielder in the summer.

I still don't get the FSG won't spend money to be honest. You can argue how it could have been spent differently but Liverpool have spent loads of money on players, the stadium and training ground

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I still don't get the FSG won't spend money to be honest. You can argue how it could have been spent differently but Liverpool have spent loads of money on players, the stadium and training ground

I think it’s been clear we’ve needed a midfield upgrade for a while, it’s infuriating that we’ve not really addressed it for so long. Now our midfield looks physically and mentally spent, and you can’t have nothing like that in the midfield and expect to play like we used to.

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think it’s been clear we’ve needed a midfield upgrade for a while, it’s infuriating that we’ve not really addressed it for so long. Now our midfield looks physically and mentally spent, and you can’t have nothing like that in the midfield and expect to play like we used to.

I don't disagree with any of that but we have spent money recently, it's just all been on attackers.

On 05/02/2023 at 08:51, LFCMike said:

I don't disagree with any of that but we have spent money recently, it's just all been on attackers.

Not enough money for what we bring in, They also paid for the training ground and stand with loans. They need to be gone if we want to compete again.

48 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Not enough money for what we bring in, They also paid for the training ground and stand with loans. They need to be gone if we want to compete again.

You can question how they've decided to spend money but there's nothing going missing.

Their model works if you're not up against the most juiced up football club in the world.

i think there is a lot of overreaction.  Liverpool may have gotten the transfer policy wrong this season but the doom and gloom is suffocating.

obviously as a club rich with prestige like Liverpool the fan base as never really experienced suffering and this season's fall off feels like the apocalypse.   

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

i think there is a lot of overreaction.  Liverpool may have gotten the transfer policy wrong this season but the doom and gloom is suffocating.

obviously as a club rich with prestige like Liverpool the fan base as never really experienced suffering and this season's fall off feels like the apocalypse.   

What shite. There’s an army of Liverpool fans who have voiced their concerns about the gaps in this squad for years, myself included. 

And are you forgetting the absolute shite we had to put up with under Kenny & Hodgson? Those were an awful few years with a completely dogshit team. This fall of now has been coming, and a lot of us expecting the squad to struggle at some point because it hasn’t been regenerated properly. The fact that so many of these players have fell off a cliff at the same time is extra concerning. 

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

What shite. There’s an army of Liverpool fans who have voiced their concerns about the gaps in this squad for years, myself included. 

And are you forgetting the absolute shite we had to put up with under Kenny & Hodgson? Those were an awful few years with a completely dogshit team. This fall of now has been coming, and a lot of us expecting the squad to struggle at some point because it hasn’t been regenerated properly. The fact that so many of these players have fell off a cliff at the same time is extra concerning. 

the level of performance of the last two or so years was going to be hard to sustain,  and that is where it shows through statistically.   

Squad turnover has to happen,  it is a natural consequence but bemoaning money is the easy out.  Liverpool have spent more or less on par with rivals,  in the past they were just making better signings than they did this year,  that factored with the stupidity of prices for players today has made it much harder to look at 160-170m the same,  but that is not the owners fault. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Rick said:

And are you forgetting the absolute shite we had to put up with under Kenny & Hodgson?

Absolute shite under Kenny!!!! you are having a laugh, aren't you, I bet you would not mind him at this given time. xD

Football League First Division: 1985–86, 1987–88, 1989–90
FA Cup: 1985–86, 1988–89; runner-up 2011-12
Football League Cup: 2011–12
Football League Super Cup: 1985–86
FA Charity Shield: 1986 (shared), 1988,1989,1990 (shared)

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Absolute shite under Kenny!!!! you are having a laugh, aren't you, I bet you would not mind him at this given time. xD

Football League First Division: 1985–86, 1987–88, 1989–90
FA Cup: 1985–86, 1988–89; runner-up 2011-12
Football League Cup: 2011–12
Football League Super Cup: 1985–86
FA Charity Shield: 1986 (shared), 1988,1989,1990 (shared)

As a manager 2nd time round, John. Quite obviously.

• Upvote 1

I’m not just blaming the owners  (Though their lack of investment immediately after we won the premier league has to be questioned) it’s on the recruitment team as well as Klopp.

By all accounts we were close to signing Tchouameni last summer, but he went to Real Madrid instead. Now, Mane was already gone by then so I have a hard time believing that Nunez was bought with the money put aside for Tchouameni. So why, if that is the case, did we not bring in another midfielder? We are talking 60-80m for the lad to went to Madrid, so it’s not spare change we are using to go out and buy an alternative. And bollocks to us waiting for the “right player” as well because if that’s the case then some pointless pillock like Melo wouldn’t have been brought in. Then you hear that we like Nunes who went to Wolves or Palinha at Fulham, why weren’t moves made on those players in the summer? 

I am fed up of hearing that there are no midfielders available that suit this team, or that we can’t afford it. The club makes the money to afford more than one significant signing per year. It’s a complete failure from both the owners for spending money in stupid areas and the recruitment to sitting on their arses. Somebody call Michael Edwards and offer him whatever he wants, because it’s a fucking mess right now. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

As a manager 2nd time round, John. Quite obviously.

They only gave him a year the second time around O.o

I don't know what all the doom & gloom is about with the Liverpool fans in here, early days yet but I still think they will bounce back, Chelsea is in the same boat atm but they will more than likely bounce back

• Administrator
1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

They only gave him a year the second time around O.o

25 minutes ago, Rick said:

And are you forgetting the absolute shite we had to put up with under Kenny

Because it was shite xD.

They had their joint-worst finish in the league under him. 

3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I don't know what all the doom & gloom is about with the Liverpool fans in here

No win in 4, out of both cups, lacking competitiveness, can't stop conceding, floating around mid-table. After the euphoria of past few seasons, it's a huge drop.