talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

21 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Just an example of Mount on yesterdays performance... 

He completed just 6 of his 11 attempted passes and had only 22 touches in 64 minutes.. He also lost 87.5% of his duels 7/8 and contributed nothing defensively the whole match.. You can't really sit down and try and negotiate a huge salary hike based on those kind of stats.. Having said that he was on the left and it's clearly not his strength.. 

Neither at #8 where he's arguably worse and it's alarming reading some Liverpool fans (none on this forum) suggesting he'd do well in midfield for them because of his 'off the ball work'. I promise you, what ever see regarding his off the ball work will be counter productive once he is actually on the ball. 

Seems another youth player that simply peaked early. 

23 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

mount needs to leave Chelsea to go somewhere where he can rebuild himself.  Liverpool are not a club needing a reclamation project

Tbh it's probably all bollocks his agent is making up and feeding to the press so he can get the best possible deal when he renews at Chelsea.

Fabinho, Ox, Keita, Gomez & Jones can all go in the summer for me. The latter two may be unpopular shouts but neither of them have kicked on from initial promise. Jones especially seems to be a waste of a squad number, he offers nothing at all in his cameo appearances. 

The squad needs a sizeable overhaul, which won’t happen in the summer. We will maybe bring in one or two major signings and then one to pad the squad but I doubt it’ll be the window we hope for and need. 

Need 3 top midfielders, at least one top CB and full back cover would be nice. A good backup GK for when Kelleher decides he doesn’t want to sit on the bench anymore. 

Edited by Rick

The issue with getting rid of Gomez and/or Jones is the homegrown quota in the squad. I'm sure Liverpool are already at the limit so if you're selling them you're going to need to bring in one or two overpriced English players.

Let's see what happens between now and the end of the season before we start writing players like Fabinho off though

• Upvote 1

judging on Saturdays result  I am not surprised at all that Madrid rolled them over.   Liverpool look like a team that will concede.  

4 big chances and a 1.93xGA against 10 men is alarming.  last season Liverpool won 1-0 but controlled the game and we had 1 shot the entire game, we had 12 shots with 10.    Madrid are a far better side than us and have the kind of players that can hurt you.

Trent is a problem but Gomes a guy I actually wanted looks awful and it's a regular theme with him

• 2 weeks later...

The club need to work on lowering that wage bill. We shouldn’t be paying more wages than City, not when they have a big squad of top players like they do.

Arsenal have a bill of just over 200m, where ours is closer to 400m. That’s not on, and we need to curb massive signing bonuses and wages to players. The throw massive money around on wages when we really don’t need to. 

Edited by Rick

17 minutes ago, Rick said:

The club need to work on lowering that wage bill. We shouldn’t be paying more wages than City, not when they have a big squad of top players like they do.

Arsenal have a bill of just over 200m, where ours is closer to 400m. That’s not on, and we need to curb massive signing bonuses and wages to players. The throw massive money around on wages when we really don’t need to. 

We don't. Man City are cooking the books. I thought we all knew that?

3 hours ago, Rick said:

Yeah, fair. What am I thinking. Still, we need to work on it. 

Let's not forgot that the accounts released the other day are for 21/22 so will include wages for players who left in the summer and in part, summer 2021.

50 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Let's not forgot that the accounts released the other day are for 21/22 so will include wages for players who left in the summer and in part, summer 2021.

But it’ll also miss out the contract extensions, including the mammoth one we gave Salah 

• 1 month later...

This whole situation around Bellingham the last few days has made the club look small time and made a mockery of the fans. 

Months and months of rumblings about him wanting to come to the club, about how Klopp sees him as the crown jewel in the rebuild, how we would be going all out to bring him in the summer. And now what? All of a sudden we realise he is going to cost a lot of money? Joke. And they have the nerve to try and say that the World Cup has increased his value to an unattainable level, fuck off. He was a 100m+ player before that tournament, so I’m not having that being used as an excuse. 

Regardless of the fact that I didn’t believe he would be signed, this is still a complete failure by both the owners and the recruitment team. You’ve got our players openly flirting with him in the media, ex players building him up and a general “you never know” *wink wink* attitude by all involved at the club. It’s an insult to the fans who have followed it all, the fans who would have been believing that we could start a new chapter with him leading the team. 

This summer better be revolutionary for the squad because I have never had less faith in our ownership and the recruitment team than I do now. The squad needs numerous QUALITY players, it needs 200m spent on it. These players may come back better next year, but the fact is that we have had years of intense work from most of them so that is always going to be an issue.

One of the biggest clubs in the world, top five income, and still our fans let the owners spoon feed the “we can’t compete” bullshit to them. Wake up. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Rick said:

This whole situation around Bellingham the last few days has made the club look small time and made a mockery of the fans. 

Months and months of rumblings about him wanting to come to the club, about how Klopp sees him as the crown jewel in the rebuild, how we would be going all out to bring him in the summer. And now what? All of a sudden we realise he is going to cost a lot of money? Joke. And they have the nerve to try and say that the World Cup has increased his value to an unattainable level, fuck off. He was a 100m+ player before that tournament, so I’m not having that being used as an excuse. 

Regardless of the fact that I didn’t believe he would be signed, this is still a complete failure by both the owners and the recruitment team. You’ve got our players openly flirting with him in the media, ex players building him up and a general “you never know” *wink wink* attitude by all involved at the club. It’s an insult to the fans who have followed it all, the fans who would have been believing that we could start a new chapter with him leading the team. 

This summer better be revolutionary for the squad because I have never had less faith in our ownership and the recruitment team than I do now. The squad needs numerous QUALITY players, it needs 200m spent on it. These players may come back better next year, but the fact is that we have had years of intense work from most of them so that is always going to be an issue.

One of the biggest clubs in the world, top five income, and still our fans let the owners spoon feed the “we can’t compete” bullshit to them. Wake up. 

I get where you're coming from, but with PSG, Man City & Real Madrid in the running, it's basically highest bidder wins. Liverpool can't realistically compete with those 3 as they'll literally pay anything. Liverpool won't have their hand forced, and especially so if the revolutionary overhaul is going to happen. I very much doubt the finances are there for transfers for Bellingham plus overhaul.

Maybe around start of the season it did look realistic to sign him, but now there's other interest (not just Man City), I guess it's not as realistic any more. 

And now we wait for @Happy Blue's weekly 'he's coming to Man City anyway so what's the fuss about?' comment xD 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I get where you're coming from, but with PSG, Man City & Real Madrid in the running, it's basically highest bidder wins. Liverpool can't realistically compete with those 3 as they'll literally pay anything. Liverpool won't have their hand forced, and especially so if the revolutionary overhaul is going to happen. I very much doubt the finances are there for transfers for Bellingham plus overhaul.

Maybe around start of the season it did look realistic to sign him, but now there's other interest (not just Man City), I guess it's not as realistic any more. 

And now we wait for @Happy Blue's weekly 'he's coming to Man City anyway so what's the fuss about?' comment xD 

I’m not even saying that the club can afford Bellingham and the rest of what we need. My issue is that the club have allowed this to drag on and on, even encouraging the talk, only to piss us off now. Klopp just came out with a very patronising statement about now getting a kid a Ferrari for Christmas just because they asked. It’s bad relations with the fans, and after how this season has gone, the last thing any involved at the club should be doing is insulting the fans. 

I will not judge the summer business before it happens, but all I will say is that there is an expectation that needs to be met. There is no getting around the fact that serious money needs spent, so let’s see if the club step up. 

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

Is van Dijk over the hill? When I’ve watched Liverpool recently, you’d never think he was as good as he was.

He’s on the top of the hill looking down. He is still young enough to be able to be a top quality CB, so judgement needs to be reserved once we have a working midfield who will protect the defence. 

14 hours ago, Rick said:

Two matches with Trent in midfield, and surprise surprise, he looks good there. He should be moved into midfield permanently, get a right back in the summer. 

I think we'll see more of the same as against Leeds and second half v Arsenal if it continues to work. Probably need another CB to do what Konate can do when it's a back three in possession though as Konate spends too much time out at the moment.

Gomez could be perfect for the RCB position alongside Konate & VVD. 

Trent may have just saved us l0's of millions buying another midfielder, the lad is quality! 

2 or 3 solid signings this summer and i reckon we are good to go again.

It's just shit that we have signed Jude for next season instead Of this!

😁

Edited by LFCMadLad

Chelsea have to offload players by June 30 in order to buy.  I can't remember how many but I know its a substantial number.

fire sale incoming, lots of cheap bargain counter misfits.  I wouldn't mind Gallagher for a snip but hard pass on Pulisic, Ziyech and Callum no show Odoi

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Chelsea have to offload players by June 30 in order to buy.  I can't remember how many but I know its a substantial number.

Where has this been said?