talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Chelsea have to offload players by June 30 in order to buy.  I can't remember how many but I know its a substantial number.

fire sale incoming, lots of cheap bargain counter misfits.  I wouldn't mind Gallagher for a snip but hard pass on Pulisic, Ziyech and Callum no show Odoi

Hard pass on anybody from Chelsea apart from Mount, and even then I’d spend no more than 25-30m on him if his contract has a year to run. If we pay 60m for him, I’d be livid. 

On 19/04/2023 at 17:48, Rick said:

Hard pass on anybody from Chelsea apart from Mount, and even then I’d spend no more than 25-30m on him if his contract has a year to run. If we pay 60m for him, I’d be livid. 

be careful Stan will come and give you a lecture.  It is funny that we are linked to the same players as you, Caicedo, Rice and Mount.   Chelsea wanted 80m for Mount and for that I hope we give Chelsea the response they deserve, put down the phone put on block.

mount is a good project but him and Chelsea are a dysfunctional couple and with his contract running out, a poor season and Chelsea's financial and squad woes teams can squeeze Chelsea into desperation.   

Caicedo and Rice suit both our clubs needs 

I remember watching Chelsea vs Bournemouth earlier in the season, Mount was so good floating between Bournemouth's outrageously highlines. Obviously he won't get that space at Liverpool but I wonder if having him operate in such a potent counterpress will get the best out of him in terms of goals and assists.

I get that Mount isn't the most exciting signing but I think he could be excellent in a midfield 3 for Liverpool. Managers seem to love him, he's presuambly very receptive to tactical instruction and willing to do his bit off the ball. 

His play style seems to suit how Klopp has been trying to use Henderson and Elliot as kind of roaming #8s who get up and down and in and out of wide areas, except with more legs + ball control than Henderson and more experience + athleticism than Elliot. 

Plus I guess he could sort of be cover for LW, but Liverpool seem to have loads of forwards anyway. 

Mount to Liverpool would be one of the biggest mistakes from Chelsea. Why on earth would they entertain selling an academy graduate and proven player to a club that they compete for every trophy against?

Yeah he isn’t having a great season but by that logic Liverpool may as well sell Alexander-Arnold to Chelsea. It is ridiculous to the extreme.

7 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I dont get what Liverpool are playing at.  Any of the names linked to them are going to be expensive, Caicedo, Rice, Bellingham will all cost triple digits and it isn't like Liverpool are skint

Do you mean 9 digits? I could afford to sign all of them right now to do my yardwork if they're all triple digit signings xD

I think Bellingham's the only one that'll go for 100m+; Rice I assume West Ham will want at least 80m, Caicedo I assume would be the cheapest if sold to an English club because there's no "English tax" applicable to him (can Bellingham still qualify as a homegrown player for PL purposes though, I'm not sure he can).

Out of those 3, I'd obviously prefer Bellingham (but we've got no chance of signing him) and Caicedo - I just think Rice is tremendously overrated although he'd probably fit us better than Mount. I think we're going to seriously make a move for Mount though... and I'm not really sure he'll fit in well with our system.

Gotta be honest though, I've got basically no optimism with regards to our summer signings. We'll also be needing a new DoF (thank fuck, tbh)... but it's still FSG in charge holding their fat sacks of money while pretending to be skint.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Do you mean 9 digits? I could afford to sign all of them right now to do my yardwork if they're all triple digit signings xD

I think Bellingham's the only one that'll go for 100m+; Rice I assume West Ham will want at least 80m, Caicedo I assume would be the cheapest if sold to an English club because there's no "English tax" applicable to him (can Bellingham still qualify as a homegrown player for PL purposes though, I'm not sure he can).

Out of those 3, I'd obviously prefer Bellingham (but we've got no chance of signing him) and Caicedo - I just think Rice is tremendously overrated although he'd probably fit us better than Mount. I think we're going to seriously make a move for Mount though... and I'm not really sure he'll fit in well with our system.

Gotta be honest though, I've got basically no optimism with regards to our summer signings. We'll also be needing a new DoF (thank fuck, tbh)... but it's still FSG in charge holding their fat sacks of money while pretending to be skint.

I mean triple as in 100m+

https://fbref.com/en/players/1c7012b8/Declan-Rice

I don't think Rice is that bad,

Edited by OrangeKhrush

14 hours ago, Spike said:

I'm liking a lot of these young English players for Liverpool.  Curtis Jones, Trent Alexander-Arnold, and even Harvey Elliott even though I think he is a dickhead.

Jones has taken a lot of stick from our own fans but since he's got back into the side after his injury he's been good. 

4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Jones has taken a lot of stick from our own fans but since he's got back into the side after his injury he's been good. 

Yeah earlier in the season I thought “wow he hasn’t kicked on at all” but since coming back into the side he looks like he’s developing nicely.

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Harvey Elliot is a good player. 

Still very young and raw, but he's come on leaps and bounds from his performances earlier in the season. I thought Carvalho looked good earlier in the season, pretty lively player, but he's hardly been given any chances lately and it looks as though a loan in the championship for his development next season is likely. But I think both those kids we poached from Fulham have big futures ahead of them, they're certainly full of potential.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Apparently they want to give Klopp a lengthy sideline ban. I guess he should have just elbowed Tierney in the head, since that's alright by PMGOL standards.

I think they should hold off and start it from next season... 15 games should be enough

Should we be worried about VVD?

dsjiprtglgxa1.png

Looks like statistically our worst defender. Obligatory fuck Pickford - I'm glad the rest of the t-rexs are extinct.

Or is it something that can be fixed by having a more functional midfield this season? Speaking of our midfield and some stats... here's an interesting one:

Hoping we finally replace Gini this summer.

On 03/05/2023 at 22:16, Dr. Gonzo said:

Should we be worried about VVD?

dsjiprtglgxa1.png

Looks like statistically our worst defender. Obligatory fuck Pickford - I'm glad the rest of the t-rexs are extinct.

Or is it something that can be fixed by having a more functional midfield this season? Speaking of our midfield and some stats... here's an interesting one:

I think Van Dijk lacks a good backline to support him.  Konate is oft injured, Matip is oft injured and shit, Gomes is oft injured and more shit and Trent can't defend for shit.

Liverpool 2023 (up to the spurs game)

GA - 42

XGA - 53

Liverpool have one of the highest expectancy differentials which is highly unsustainable.   This for set in the back end of last season when Liverpool where winning high scoring games but the danger was in plain view.   

The backline is not solid and it drags Van Dijk down.  Liverpool could use a CB, RB and DM in the summer then move Trent into the role operated by another porcelain piece Thiago

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

So how do Liverpool fans feel now HRH Prince Mansour owns 11% of Liverpool football club with a 700million investment in you? must be difficult with all that dirty oil money while City are self funded by prize money :ph34r: lol

Should be illegal tbf, massive conflict of interest lol

On 03/05/2023 at 21:16, Dr. Gonzo said:

Just buying a midfielder that stays fit would be an improvement. Keita should've been sold off long ago and Ox should've been last season. Maybe could've taken a chance with Thiago but having all three going into this season was a bad idea. Especially with Milner being in his 50s now.

We need CMs as well. Can see us competing for similar names. Rice, Mount, Caicedo, etc.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

Just buying a midfielder that stays fit would be an improvement. Keita should've been sold off long ago and Ox should've been last season. Maybe could've taken a chance with Thiago but having all three going into this season was a bad idea. Especially with Milner being in his 50s now.

We need CMs as well. Can see us competing for similar names. Rice, Mount, Caicedo, etc.

I think you’re getting Rice & Caicedo