talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Could have missed a much worse period of the season though. Fixtures until Boxing Day aren't too bad.

True. But with so many fixtures the squad is going to be tested as it is. 

Edited by Rick

10 minutes ago, Rick said:

True. But with so many fixtures the squad is going to be tested as it is. 

There's the option go 4-2-3-1 like we did at times last season now Shaqiri is fit. Just hope Shaqiri, Keita and Chamberlain stay fit because without Fabinho I think we need one of them in there most games. No one's going to replace Fabinho like for like but there's still plenty of options. 

• Subscriber

Brighton, Everton, Bournemouth, Watford and West Ham before facing Leicester by which stage we might see them drop another 3 points against City because their fixture list is also rather favorable. Sorry West Ham is TBD.

Edited by Mel81x

8 hours ago, LFCMike said:

There's the option go 4-2-3-1 like we did at times last season now Shaqiri is fit. Just hope Shaqiri, Keita and Chamberlain stay fit because without Fabinho I think we need one of them in there most games. No one's going to replace Fabinho like for like but there's still plenty of options. 

The only possible upside is it may mean a potential run of games for Keita and some time for Shaqiri. I still don't really feel we've played Keita with the regularity that would be required for him to really gel into the first team so it's been hard to pass real judgement on him.

4 hours ago, Harry said:

The only possible upside is it may mean a potential run of games for Keita and some time for Shaqiri. I still don't really feel we've played Keita with the regularity that would be required for him to really gel into the first team so it's been hard to pass real judgement on him.

I agree, he actually started last season pretty well though. His early performances were promising then he got injured and has been unable to keep himself fit for any period since. He had a decent run towards the end last season and got injured again. Even without Fabinho's injury, I was looking at this run of fixtures as one where he could really make an impression and start maybe 75% of these games in the run up to Christmas. 

I feel like if it doesn't happen for him in this run, it probably never will

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I agree, he actually started last season pretty well though. His early performances were promising then he got injured and has been unable to keep himself fit for any period since. He had a decent run towards the end last season and got injured again. Even without Fabinho's injury, I was looking at this run of fixtures as one where he could really make an impression and start maybe 75% of these games in the run up to Christmas. 

I feel like if it doesn't happen for him in this run, it probably never will

We don't have many situations of selling off an unwanted player who then went on to strike gold at another club. Normally those who go on to great success were prised from us against the will of those at the club.

If we sell Keita despite him never getting that extended run in the side I wouldn't be surprised if he turns into a star somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

We don't have many situations of selling off an unwanted player who then went on to strike gold at another club. Normally those who go on to great success were prised from us against the will of those at the club.

If we sell Keita despite him never getting that extended run in the side I wouldn't be surprised if he turns into a star somewhere else.

We cant give him an extended run when hes injured all the time. This is his second season now and I think hes yet to start 3 games on the spin due to niggling little injuries. 

It seems like Klopp is trying to change the way Keita plays as well. For RBL he would receive the ball deep and just go on marauding runs through midfield, or hit sensational through balls to the forwards. With us he just seems to stand there static, recieve the ball and pass it sideways. That's not his game at all. I've also heard that he's struggling to settle in this country for a few reasons. That seems legit when you watch him play because he just doesn't look like hes enjoying his time here at all. 

I so want keita to work out for us but it's looking very much like he will be one of Klopps few flop signings. 

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We cant give him an extended run when hes injured all the time. This is his second season now and I think hes yet to start 3 games on the spin due to niggling little injuries. 

It seems like Klopp is trying to change the way Keita plays as well. For RBL he would receive the ball deep and just go on marauding runs through midfield, or hit sensational through balls to the forwards. With us he just seems to stand there static, recieve the ball and pass it sideways. That's not his game at all. I've also heard that he's struggling to settle in this country for a few reasons. That seems legit when you watch him play because he just doesn't look like hes enjoying his time here at all. 

I so want keita to work out for us but it's looking very much like he will be one of Klopps few flop signings. 

Yeah I agree with most of that but I feel he's not been as injury prone as your making out. They've been an issue for certain but for me the problem was more that you just can't start anyone ahead of Gini for more than 3 games in a row cos he's just been too damn good...

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yeah I agree with most of that but I feel he's not been as injury prone as your making out. They've been an issue for certain but for me the problem was more that you just can't start anyone ahead of Gini for more than 3 games in a row cos he's just been too damn good...

Milner has started more games. Wigi, Hendo and Fabinho too. Even Ox coming off an horrific injury is more of a first option over Naby. Injuries haven't helped (because he has picked up a few) but theres obviously something in Keita's game that Klopp doesn't like and cant iron out. He doesn't even make the matchday squad sometimes, never mind the first 11. That's pretty telling that his days here are numbered.

As I said, it's a real shame because for RBL he was sensational. 

This is his injury record, it's not great...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/naby-keita/verletzungen/spieler/302215

His downward spiral has been astonishing to be honest. In his time here he has 3 goals and 1 assist. In the same time at RBL he had something like (maybe slightly out but still pretty telling) .. 23 goals and 28 assists. 

His defensive stats in Germany were also off the charts. Here they are below average at best. 

I just want something to click and he starts reproducing his RBL form for us, because hes a great player. Just seems like Klopp doesn't trust him.

Edited by LFCMadLad

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well that's not accurate because we haven't won our last two games. We drew against Napoli and won today.

Was the premier league Twitter account mate. Think they're only looking at results in one competition

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well that's not accurate because we haven't won our last two games. We drew against Napoli and won today.

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Was the premier league Twitter account mate. Think they're only looking at results in one competition

What @Harry said must be the reason?

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Van Dijk has gone up in my estimations for giving some back to Piers 

One of the biggest reasons for being in favour of deleting twitter from the internet is that nobody in the universe needs to see whatever the fuck is going through Piers Morgan's fucking head.