talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

5 minutes ago, Rick said:

Forgot about the 3rd place play off. Still, I stand by my point that we are going to have heavy rotation. Clearly the case when we are sending the kids along too. 

Theres about 2 or 3 kids going.

How can we heavy rotate the defence for example? We only have 2 fit CB's in the squad. How can we heavily rotate the full backs when only Milner deputises in that position? How can we heavily rotate the midfield when Gini and Fabinho are already out? 

We cant heavily rotate at all, especially with 3 games in 9 days mate. 

I just think we could really do without it. Fuck the CWC

Edited by LFCMadLad

Lallana, Ox, Origi, Shaq, Jones, Keita...all of those can and will play. They can manage two games in four days. Milner can deputise at LB, Gomez could do with the game time at the back. Plenty of chances for our big hitters to get a game or twos rest. 

If we end up in the 3rd/4th place play off there's no way we're playing much of the first 11.

Gini has travelled so is obviously fit to play in one of the games. We've plenty of options in midfield even without Fabinho.

The defence is a concern though I agree

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Lallana, Ox, Origi, Shaq, Jones, Keita...all of those can and will play. They can manage two games in four days. Milner can deputise at LB, Gomez could do with the game time at the back. Plenty of chances for our big hitters to get a game or twos rest. 

Gomez will have to play cos other than VVD we haven't got another fit CB xD

Anyway, it is what it is. We have to play it soooo

Edited by LFCMadLad

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

If we end up in the 3rd/4th place play off there's no way we're playing much of the first 11.

Gini has travelled so is obviously fit to play in one of the games. We've plenty of options in midfield even without Fabinho.

The defence is a concern though I agree

Not 100% on this but I read earlier that Gini wont be playing at all. Apparently hes been took along to start his rehabilitation which is supposedly better in a warmer climate? Hes got a fairly bad hamstring injury by most accounts. 

Dont quote me on that though, could be totally wrong.

I wonder if we'll be in for a CB in January. Lovren/Matip/Gomez are all good when paired with VVD - and I think young Joemez is the best of the 3 - but they've all got their injury problems. Lovren's never played more than 6 games in a row for us... so I think he's unreliable as a backup in an injury crisis... because chances are he'll soon be out with injury/illness.

I think we want to avoid moving Henderson/Gini to the defense as much as possible. I think bringing in a CB as competition for Matip and Gomez would be good, particularly if they're less injury prone than Lovren in case the other two are out for whatever reason.

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

@Dr. Gonzo @Rick I think we'll only sign another CB when one of them actually leaves. Can definitely see Lovren going next summer seeing as it almost happened in the last window

I'd prefer to see it done proactively given the importance of our campaign. Really I'd spend proper money on that going for a clear first choice partner to VVD now and move Lovren on once convenient. We need that consistency and a defender we can count on to stay fit. All three of the current support defenders have regular injury troubles and whilst I've hoped Joe G would be that I don't trust it enough now to say just bring in another 4th choice Ragnar klavan type squad filler. We would be so exposed if VVD gets injured or suspended.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Charity shield taken off that then? Don't get me wrong it's a a shit trophy but I assume it's only discounted because Manchester United would have more trophies with that added? 

Isn't the reason a lot of people discount it because it used to be shared if the match ended in a draw and that counts towards a clubs 'wins' in the competition?

52 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Charity shield taken off that then? Don't get me wrong it's a a shit trophy but I assume it's only discounted because Manchester United would have more trophies with that added? 

Ding ding. The World Club Cup didn’t count till yesterday either. That’s not a jibe against anyone on here like, that’s an honest assessment of arguments I’ve had with my mates and lads at work.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

28 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Ding ding. The World Club Cup didn’t count till yesterday either. That’s not a jibe against anyone on here like, that’s an honest assessment of arguments I’ve had with my mates and lads at work.

Isn't it because it's not played by the rules of competitive fixtures? Can make as many subs as you want, for instance