talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I imagine you may well see a new contract for Van Dijk soon, smells of that sort of behaviour.

It's only wierd, unknown twitter warriors that have mentioned VVD wanting to leave but yeah, he deserves another contract. End of the day you have to pay too dollar wages to top dollar players. 

Martin Edward's will just make VVD understand that he should sign for another 4 years on £25 a week :coffee:

Edited by LFCMadLad

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

All the sudden everyone is a Liverpool supporter since they were kids insane. Since the league in this format started glory hunters go as: Manchetser United - Chelsea - Manchester City - Liverpool.

You do get a lot of casual fans that just follow the team that's playing the most interesting football at the time. It's basically why so many follow Barcelona

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

VVD worth £10 mill more than the hapless Maguire? 

£200million would be about right for VVD in terms of his worth to Liverpool and global worth in this market. Certainly has to be far upwards of the expendable Coutinho. I'd be surprised if it were true anyway, only real benefit of a move to Juventus is living in Italy, very much a sideways step in terms of club.

I agree that would be the only kind of money we'd consider selling for. But noone would be able to pay it.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

It was Rafa that introduced us to zonal marking I believe? And as far as I know we still do it now. The difference now is that big Virg gets his head on literally everything whether it's his zone or not xD

I mean, I was happy when we signed VVD but fuck me, little did we all know at the time that we had just signed one of the best CB's of all time. 

I read the comments on here the other day and some were saying we wouldn't get £200m for him and they were probably right, because no club can afford £200m for a defender, especially Juventus who would probably offer to loan him for 3 years  with the option to buy for £6m in 2025. But in terms of if hes worth it then yes, every single penny. VVD doesn't just give you the best CB in the world, he also improves whoever is playing beside him by about 60%. 

What a player.

Yeah have to agree with everything you've said. He doesn't just add solidity in the center of the defense but is commanding, gets on your back when you're slacking and doesn't look like hes phased when someone tries to get the better of him (quite the opposite ends up happening most times haha). I love the guy to bits and I think his partnership with Joe is the better one that his with Matip. You've got speed coupled with confidence in that pairing and it absolutely shuts down a lot of attacks very fast. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I imagine you may well see a new contract for Van Dijk soon, smells of that sort of behaviour.

Didn't he only sign a new one in September? I can't remember, I know there was talk of it

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Martin Edward's would probably get an extra £50m on top of £200m, just because he's Martin Edward's. :D

What has the former Man Utd chairman got to do with it?:ph34r:xD

Edited by LFCMike

40 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The original picture one of those iconic images when you look at pictures of Liverpool before our time:

CKujI0W.jpg

Yeah great idea to base it on an image including Emlyn Hughes too and an image of Paisley before his managerial days

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Remarkable that he's got the joint most clean sheets despite missing what, 8 or 9 games?

2 hours ago, True Blue said:

Reminds me of Kepa from last season, when he was third in clean sheets? Now days every shot on target is a goal from any given position.

"By contrast, Kepa Arrizabalaga – who quickly replaced Alisson as the most expensive goalkeeper of all time in the summer of 2018 – has a save percentage of 55.4 per cent, which puts him bottom of the Premier League and in the bottom five in Europe."

6 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Remarkable that he's got the joint most clean sheets despite missing what, 8 or 9 games?

"By contrast, Kepa Arrizabalaga – who quickly replaced Alisson as the most expensive goalkeeper of all time in the summer of 2018 – has a save percentage of 55.4 per cent, which puts him bottom of the Premier League and in the bottom five in Europe."

@Cicero :ph34r: