talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea he did... I understand that we were also in the market for another keeper to give him some competition for his place 

I saw a tweet last week from someone saying Chelsea were considering selling Kepa in this upcoming summer and looking to replace him with Nick Pope.

Which tbh, I think is a bit weird as I'm pretty certain Pope's statistically one of the worst performing keepers in the league this season going off this: https://statsscoreindex.com/20200114/stats-perform-goalkeeper-rankings-jan-15/ - and that's while playing behind 2 flat rows of 4 most of the time at Burnley. Would be a bit of a worry if you put him behind a side that plays more progressive football, like Lampard's goal is with Chelsea.

It's probably just twitter bollocks though.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I saw a tweet last week from someone saying Chelsea were considering selling Kepa in this upcoming summer and looking to replace him with Nick Pope.

Which tbh, I think is a bit weird as I'm pretty certain Pope's statistically one of the worst performing keepers in the league this season going off this: https://statsscoreindex.com/20200114/stats-perform-goalkeeper-rankings-jan-15/ - and that's while playing behind 2 flat rows of 4 most of the time at Burnley. Would be a bit of a worry if you put him behind a side that plays more progressive football, like Lampard's goal is with Chelsea.

It's probably just twitter bollocks though.

Didn't read any of that and yea, would be a bit silly to look at offloading him, sure he needs to improve but with all our defensive errors it would be unfair to lay the blame just at his door, having said that he is just as guilty of making the some costly howlers as those in front of him so having another keeper to keep him focused wouldn't do him any harm... To be fair it has been, and always was going to be a bit of a mixed bag season going with the youngsters and the transfer ban etc... 

Edited by Bluewolf

Just now, Cicero said:

You should already know it’s bollocks. According to Twitter these past seasons, we’ve signed Crouch, King, Butland, Lacelles, and Dunk

It was from a journalist that's got a pretty decent track record (granted with us) though, rather than just ordinary twitter bollocks. Not all twitter sources are equal, obviously xD

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Didn't read any of that and yea, would be a bit silly to look at offloading him, sure he needs to improve but with all our defensive errors it would be unfair to lay the blame just at his door, having said that he is just as guilty of making the some costly howlers as those in front of him so having another keeper to keep him focused wouldn't do him any harm... To be fair it has been, and always was going to be a bit of a mixed bag season going with the youngsters and the transfer ban etc... 

He's still very young for a keeper. You've got a young side with a young manager, I feel like howlers are a given this season. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You would hope highly paid Premier League defenders would know the basics of defending to be fair. Do they need teaching? 

Wasn’t an issue with Sarri or Conte. (And don’t tell me David Luiz was the difference) 

The amount of goals we’ve conceded this season from set pieces is horrific. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was genuinely 80-90%

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Oh he absolutely does, has a history of it. Echo even did an article on it a few years back. I think the last time you linked an interview to him a few pages back, he was swearing xD

I recall posting something a few weeks back maybe where he said it but can't say I've noticed if he does it all the time or not. But then I only see odd clips from these press conferences

• Subscriber

This guy grows on you, he says more than shit xD

Quote.thumb.png.c5afb475ff3e8604e80e75979cb9f989.png

Planet Football - 8th May 2019

Jurgen Klopp was typically passionate after Liverpool's stunning comeback against Barcelona in the Champions League semi-final at Anfield on Tuesday night.

Liverpool overturned a 3-0 first-leg deficit with a 4-0 win over Barcelona, secured thanks to braces from Divock Origi and Georginio Wijnaldum.

Straight after the final whistle, Klopp ran to embrace James Milner, who was in tears after becoming overwhelmed by emotion, and the Reds boss did not hide his own feelings in his interview with BT Sport.

To be fair to Klopp, at least he had the decency to check it was past the watershed before lauding his “f*cking unbelievable” players, and he’s more than happy to pay any fine which comes his way.

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spelling corrections

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Oh he absolutely does, has a history of it. Echo even did an article on it a few years back. I think the last time you linked an interview to him a few pages back, he was swearing xD

I like it tbh. 

I swear a lot more than he does, but I like the lack of polish on a football manager.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

I like it tbh. 

I swear a lot more than he does, but I like the lack of polish on a football manager.

Oh, theres nothing wrong with swearing persay, this is me of course lol! I just think you’re a professional giving interviews. The occasional is fine by my, but it’s almost as if it’s not natural and he’s trying to find a way to slip it in sometimes.

I’d argue that it’s more natural having the odd swear word than being prim and proper. At least he’s not trying to be somebody he isn’t. He’s hardly saying “fuck” and “cunt”,  the odd “shit” Is alright though. 

25 minutes ago, Rick said:

I’d argue that it’s more natural having the odd swear word than being prim and proper. At least he’s not trying to be somebody he isn’t. He’s hardly saying “fuck” and “cunt”,  the odd “shit” Is alright though. 

He has said 'fuck' a few times xD