talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

You lot do this all the time. 

So do You. You name some well known alternatives but give no credents as to why I'm wrong. 

Is there a better LB in Europe currently?

Naming the best LB's isn't an argument btw. 

On current form Robertson would walk into any side in the world. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So do You. You name some well known alternatives but give no credents as to why I'm wrong. 

Is there a better LB in Europe currently?

Naming the best LB's isn't an argument btw. 

On current form Robertson would walk into any side in the world. 

No, he wouldnt, as those I've mentioned have arguably more seasons under their belt both domestically and in Europe. You honestly think Robertson is better than Hernandez or Jordi Alba? 

Like I said, you lot do this all the time. Gerrard, Suarez, Salah, Robertson, etc. So many alleged best players in their position yet you've won nothing of note since 2006. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

No, he wouldnt, as those I've mentioned have arguably more seasons under their belt both domestically and in Europe. You honestly think Robertson is better than Hernandez or Jordi Alba? 

Like I said, you lot do this all the time. Gerrard, Suarez, Salah, Robertson, etc. So many alleged best players in their position yet you've won nothing of note since 2006. 

Maybe because it's a team sport and not an individual sport? Although Gerrard sometimes made it seem like an individual sport. Suarez also was an incredible player making us look as good as he did with Brendan Rodgers at the helm.

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Wow! You obviously don't know what currently means xD

I'm talking about current form mate, like, how he's playing currently. 

What a player has won during his career means fuck all when judging how good they are. If it did then Igor Biscan is better than Shearer. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Maybe because it's a team sport and not an individual sport? Although Gerrard sometimes made it seem like an individual sport. Suarez also was an incredible player making us look as good as he did with Brendan Rodgers at the helm.

It's always amusing see you guys constantly claim player A is best in their position, yet win nothing. Time and time again. You have to wonder if this is actually starting to be a bad omen . 

Robertson is easily best in the league, but I wouldnt dare say he is better than those I've mentioned given hes only had 1.5 seaso s under his belt at the top level. 

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You won the league with Alonso at LB yet bang on about how shit he is?

Can't have it both ways spadge. 

Gerrard, Suarez, Salah are all/were world class. What's your point?

Edited by LFCMadLad

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Back 3 would be pretty weird with our defensive injuries.

Yeah, although I think you could put anyone either side of Van Dijk and they'd look good!

Remember the mad back three of Can, Lovren and Wijnaldum last season? Think it was at Brighton.

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It's always amusing see you guys constantly claim player A is best in their position, yet win nothing. Time and time again. You have to wonder if this is actually starting to be a bad omen . 

Robertson is easily best in the league, but I wouldnt dare say he is better than those I've mentioned given hes only had 1.5 seaso s under his belt at the top level. 

The only ones I think were the best in their position are: Steven Gerrard tbh.

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah, although I think you could put anyone either side of Van Dijk and they'd look good!

Remember the mad back three of Can, Lovren and Wijnaldum last season? Think it was at Brighton.

Oh yeah I remember seeing that Gini was playing at the back and thinking "what the fuck is happening?"

If anyone can play on either side of Van Dijk and do well, I would like to volunteer to play for Liverpool during this festive season. The only exercise I really get is when I ride my bike every morning and I don't exactly push myself that hard, I drink too much, and I probably wouldn't pass a premier league drugs test - but I'm up for the challenge.

• Haha 3

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Suarez too.

Anyway, it was only my opinion regarding Robertson and it's like I've bugered @Cicero' s mum ffs. 

Well I think Suarez was the best player in the league in his time with us... I don't know if that meant he was the best striker in Europe. He was obviously up there though. I mean at the time, wasn't Messi playing as a false 9? Technically if the best player in the world is playing in your position... chances are they're going to be the best in that position, regardless of how good you are.

21 minutes ago, Cicero said:

They are actually the best players in their position. Hence why we won the league. 

Hope that made it simpler. 

Where are you in the league now with the same two players :whistling:

Must be because of the manager you sacked?

Edited by LFCMadLad

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Where are you in the league now with the same two players :whistling:

Must be because of the manager you sacked?

And yet they will still probably win the league again before the alleged best CB, LB, GK, the better version and Kante, and the best player In the world will. :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

Edited by Cicero

Having seen both Robertson and the above players Cicero mentioned, as a complete neutral I can say Robertson is fantastic and a bloody stallion but not the best LB in the world.

Marcelo might not be as balanced but is key to Real Madrid and you can't deny his influence and quality in attack. Alba is also pivotal to Barcelona and is one of the most under-talked players that contributes to Barcelona's success since he was inherited. I'd take those 2 over Robertson any day. 

I'm not a big fan of Hernandez and Sandro and have never seen Telles so no comment on those.

• Subscriber

I sometimes wonder what would happen if we won the league. I think some of us would disappear from here for a few days while we were recovering. Still a long way to go but I always want the league over anything else.

I think Robertson is fantastic in the system Klopp plays him in but try and put him elsewhere and he may not be as energetic or inclined to leave his defensive duties as well. It's really about where the player is and the system they play in which gives them this ridiculous moniker of 'best'. You take away Van Dijk and ask Robbo to put a shift in and he will, but will he be as successful? Probably not. You take away Firmino and ask Gini to play the forward mid role and supply Mane and Salah. Would he be as effective? Probably not. 

So, in the end, we've had great players and to me when I say great I don't think of position I think of contribution and for now Andy is contributing very well to both ends of the spectrum of his duties, defensive and offensive.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I sometimes wonder what would happen if we won the league. I think some of us would disappear from here for a few days while we were recovering. Still a long way to go but I always want the league over anything else.

I think Robertson is fantastic in the system Klopp plays him in but try and put him elsewhere and he may not be as energetic or inclined to leave his defensive duties as well. It's really about where the player is and the system they play in which gives them this ridiculous moniker of 'best'. You take away Van Dijk and ask Robbo to put a shift in and he will, but will he be as successful? Probably not. You take away Firmino and ask Gini to play the forward mid role and supply Mane and Salah. Would he be as effective? Probably not. 

So, in the end, we've had great players and to me when I say great I don't think of position I think of contribution and for now Andy is contributing very well to both ends of the spectrum of his duties, defensive and offensive.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind it. Right manager, right players, and right investment. Would be nice to see you stop City winning back to back titles. 

However you lot would be unbearable.