Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

10 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I've read this a few times and, to be honest, I'm really struggling to see how "Oh it's not about this one lad who got beaten up at the footy, it's about these other guys who got beaten up at the footy" is seen as an acceptable justification

I'm not saying it's a justification but there's a difference between singing about a non-fatal incident and a fatal one.

I think City draw some kind of residual meaning and identity from Liverpool, even if it is only by playing the villain to them. 

Haha spot on this

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm not saying it's a justification but there's a difference between singing about a non-fatal incident and a fatal one.

I know you're not, but plenty of others are offering it as one. You just happened to be the one who posted it on here.

Sean Cox is alive, by the way. Suffered some serious damage, but he's alive

1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

I know you're not, but plenty of others are offering it as one. You just happened to be the one who posted it on here.

Sean Cox is alive, by the way. Suffered some serious damage, but he's alive

Ah, to be honest I've just waded in on this one a bit late to the party and just seen a load of aggressive fully formed opinions and can't really be arsed getting involved. Watched the video once and couldn't properly make out what they were saying. My overall takeaway is regardless of how offensive it was it's weird to see title winning players chanting about another team. It would sort of be understandable if it was United they were chanting about having just denied them the league but City and Liverpool shouldn't really spark that sort of reaction.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Evertonians only consider them 'friends' though it's not the word I'd use as a mechanic to wind up Reds if they've beaten them or denied them a trophy.

After Liverpool, Man Utd are far and away the most hated club amongst our fanbase. City I don't think anyone's really arsed about either way but they're an odious oil club which have next to nothing to do with Manchester aside from the location.

I do agree with your sentiments though.

You're an intelligent fella and I wouldn't generalise to all Evertonians, as  think Everton fans are generally sound, but there are are an element who end up agreeing with people who essentially slagging off anyone from Liverpool and not just Liverpool fans. Especially common with Manchester based fans, the 'dippers' stuff, that's aimed at scousers, very bizarrely considering Manchester is equally as impoverished, I'm not saying yiu should support LFC but these mancs aren't your mates. 

Liverpool fc as club and fanbase are very annoying and have a scumbag element but the manc media are trying to hijack it to slag off Liverpool people in general. Everton are the Liverpool team. 'peoples club'... I think they are.