talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, Stan said:

That fan who pushed the guy in to the fountain in Barcelona banned from attending football games for 3 years. 

Also banned from entering any town where Liverpool play away fixtures on the day. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/coward-liverpool-fan-who-pushed-16561430

Should be banned from attending matches for life tbh

11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Let's use it as an excuse to watch his final goal again B|

He's a decent option from the bench and has a knack of scoring important goals, if we choose to actually keep him. If not then this new contract keeps his value in the market pretty high if nothing else. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

If Origi comes good on his form like that run he had before getting injured the club have done some really good business. Even if he doesn't the guy shows up when hes most needed and you can't discount that at all.

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He's a decent option from the bench and has a knack of scoring important goals, if we choose to actually keep him. If not then this new contract keeps his value in the market pretty high if nothing else. 

Yeah I like him. Still would like one more up there though. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

That fan who pushed the guy in to the fountain in Barcelona banned from attending football games for 3 years. 

Also banned from entering any town where Liverpool play away fixtures on the day. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/coward-liverpool-fan-who-pushed-16561430

I didn't realise a British court would have jurisdiction to punish someone for a crime committed in another country? I just thought the club would do it.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I didn't realise a British court would have jurisdiction to punish someone for a crime committed in another country? I just thought the club would do it.

Think they linked it to the second offense and said it was consistent behaviour which is why they were able to do it. 

With Shaq injured and Senegal progressing, I am legitimately concerned about our options up front. Add the community shield and Super Cup into the mix and that just raises the number of matches. 

Brewster needs time. And as fabulous as Origi has been for us last season with his cameos, he is not good enough to be relied upon as a main option. Strange thinking this from Klopp and the club. 

29 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

With Shaq injured and Senegal progressing, I am legitimately concerned about our options up front. Add the community shield and Super Cup into the mix and that just raises the number of matches. 

Brewster needs time. And as fabulous as Origi has been for us last season with his cameos, he is not good enough to be relied upon as a main option. Strange thinking this from Klopp and the club. 

As I said in another thread, no one knows what's going on. Maybe now the international tournaments are coming to an end there will start to be some movement? And there's still about a month left... While Liverpool have tended to do their business early under Klopp, there's a few like Alisson, Shaqiri and Chamberlain who have signed later in the window

• Subscriber

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-liverpool/transfers/verein/31

We've offloaded a lot so maybe the club is indeed waiting for the international comps to end to finish their transfer business. There has also been a lot of speculation about high profile players but I read somewhere that Klopp wants a player who can bring in a lot of goals next season so who knows what they are up to.

Our starting XI for our friendly today against the other club on Merseyside to win something this year:

Mignolet, Clyne (didn't realise we still had him lol), Phillips, Gomez, Larouci, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Milner, Lallana, Kent, Wilson, Brewster

Subs: Jaros, Atherton, Hoever, Matip, Johnston, Lewis, Fabinho, Jones, Woodburn, Duncan, Glatzel, Origi

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Our starting XI for our friendly today against the other club on Merseyside to win something this year:

Mignolet, Clyne (didn't realise we still had him lol), Phillips, Gomez, Larouci, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Milner, Lallana, Kent, Wilson, Brewster

Subs: Jaros, Atherton, Hoever, Matip, Johnston, Lewis, Fabinho, Jones, Woodburn, Duncan, Glatzel, Origi

Yeah, good first half from us. Young Brewster with a brace. 

15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah, good first half from us. Young Brewster with a brace. 

Clyne's goal was good. Featured a 40 yard run from Gomez as a centreback xD

Curtis Joes got himself on the scoresheet as well.

And Origi just now 

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

We're you impressed by Brewster? Does he look ready?

In other news did anyone hear about the saga with Daniel Sturridges dog getting stolen from his apartment in LA?

It's had a happy ending but half of Instagram were in a meltdown about the safety and well-being of his dog for 2 days. Ultimately the online buzz resulted in a finder contacting Dani to return the dog... And since then he's been dog photo spamming everyone.

A lovely good news story in the end.

20190712_082707.jpg

Edited by Harry

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

We're you impressed by Brewster? Does he look ready?

In other news did anyone hear about the saga with Daniel Sturridges dog getting stolen from his apartment in LA?

It's had a happy ending but half of Instagram were in a meltdown about the safety and well-being of his dog for 2 days. Ultimately the online buzz resulted in a finder contacting Dani to return the dog... And since then he's been dog photo spamming everyone.

A lovely good news story in the end.

20190712_082707.jpg

Yeah, heard about the dog. Glad to see he got the cute little fucker back.

Brewster looked good today, basically everyone did tbh. But it was Tranmere, so it's hard to say if he looks ready for first team football in the top flight. I will say all of the young kids looked very fucking hungry and looked like they all wanted to fight for at least a squad role in the side, which is encouraging - none of that "oh it's pre-season against a small club, let's put no effort in" mentality. Even the more established players looked hungry and up for it, which is good to see. I'd say Brewster was a highlight for the second half, and that Dutch kid Ki-Jana Hoever looked pretty fucking excellent - Clyne scored, but I thought Hoever had a better 45 minutes. Wouldn't be surprised if Hoever's our backup RB for the season.

But again, it was only Tranmere so we have to take the performance with a pinch of salt. But the good thing is the kids looked well up for it.

We'll be getting Henderson, Trent, Virgil and Gini back on Saturday.

Only caught the highlights, and even there you see the gulf in quality.

Like the look of Brewster. Has the touch, pace and instincts of a striker. But also has a bit of swag. 

For those who caught the entire match, how did Wilson do? I know he gave an assist, but how was his overall game? 

• Subscriber

Good wee player this guy, stop being a meanie Klopp, give him to Gerrard for another season or whatever. :D

Quote.thumb.png.67602a6b29d84391360b7a065d835064.png

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is set to block Steven Gerrard's attempt to bring Ryan Kent back to Rangers this summer. The 22-year-old winger spent the last term on loan with the Scottish club. (Express)

4 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Only caught the highlights, and even there you see the gulf in quality.

Like the look of Brewster. Has the touch, pace and instincts of a striker. But also has a bit of swag. 

For those who caught the entire match, how did Wilson do? I know he gave an assist, but how was his overall game? 

He looked lively. His link up play was good with Brewster & Clyne. Shame that he will most likely leave the club cause I think he could be very handy coming off the bench. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Rick said:

He looked lively. His link up play was good with Brewster & Clyne. Shame that he will most likely leave the club cause I think he could be very handy coming off the bench. 

Yep, I don't get that. Reading that in most places. His numbers for Derby were good. Has pace and decent skills, and a good freekick on him. Could be handy upfront. I really want to see him excel here. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

I really don't get it. He's young, he's exciting going forward. We have had an issue with options off the bench. Doesn't make sense to sell him. Yeah, we can get maybe 20m out of him...but we don't have any big fees invested in him, and I think he's ready to make an impact after last season at Derby. 

3 hours ago, Rick said:

I really don't get it. He's young, he's exciting going forward. We have had an issue with options off the bench. Doesn't make sense to sell him. Yeah, we can get maybe 20m out of him...but we don't have any big fees invested in him, and I think he's ready to make an impact after last season at Derby. 

I don't think we'll sell him just yet. Although it's probably not great for him that the one area of the pitch our reliable journos say we're looking to bring in a squad player is in his position - but I suspect he and the kids will get more chances in pre-season to impress. If the kids all play like the way they did yesterday, with visible hunger and desire to crack into the first team (with some kids looking far more ready than others, tbf) then he'll have a good chance of getting more time on the pitch with us.