Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Liverpool Discussion

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Some valuable experience for them. Not to mention biggest game of their lives. 

Be grateful it’s this and not the FA Cup or worse, a league game. 

The EFL have said Liverpool have committed to playing a side that's largely consistent with the selections so far. I don't see how any squad players will be playing in the League Cup as they will surely be travelling to Qatar. If it's literally a mix of under 19s and 23s up against a Premier League team it won't be valuable experience for them at all. They'll get battered

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

The EFL have said Liverpool have committed to playing a side that's largely consistent with the selections so far. I don't see how any squad players will be playing in the League Cup as they will surely be travelling to Qatar. If it's literally a mix of under 19s and 23s up against a Premier League team it won't be valuable experience for them at all. They'll get battered

I think any commitments we gave to the EFL may be a load of bollocks we just told them as they “worked with us” to not really ease the fixture congestion at all.

Klopp don’t Carabao this cup

• Like 1

At least it guarantees one less match in December for our actual main squad. 

It's shit by the EFL though... they deserve to have us pull out and make a point over it.

The timing of the club World cup being so deep into the middle of the season is problematic to say the least.

Klopp on Sean Cox visiting Anfield on Sunday: "When it happened it was my lowest point at Liverpool. Something like this should not happen around a football game. I hope to see him before the game, I really want to. We don't just sing You'll Never Walk Alone, we live that." 

11 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Klopp on Sean Cox visiting Anfield on Sunday: "When it happened it was my lowest point at Liverpool. Something like this should not happen around a football game. I hope to see him before the game, I really want to. We don't just sing You'll Never Walk Alone, we live that." 

Saw that on the Sky interview where the presenter was trying to tell him the Carabo cup was more important than the club world cup and his answer there was brilliant.

4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Saw that on the Sky interview where the presenter was trying to tell him the Carabo cup was more important than the club world cup and his answer there was brilliant.

What's he say? :D

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

What's he say? :D

he said the CWC is a once in a lifetime experience and you only get there from winning the CL so why would we bother with the Carabo cup when the organizers clearly knew what was going to happen ahead of time. He then goes on to say that he'd love to see what happens if we progress and the FA Cup, league games and the Carabo cup all clash together. His exact words "I'd like to see what happens then" after which he laughs.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

he said the CWC is a once in a lifetime experience and you only get there from winning the CL so why would we bother with the Carabo cup when the organizers clearly knew what was going to happen ahead of time. He then goes on to say that he'd love to see what happens if we progress and the FA Cup, league games and the Carabo cup all clash together. His exact words "I'd like to see what happens then" after which he laughs.

Ahh xD

I mean, obviously the CWC is the more prestigious tournament by far but honestly, I wish we wasnt going. Could seriously disrupt our season. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Ahh xD

I mean, obviously the CWC is the more prestigious tournament by far but honestly, I wish we wasnt going. Could seriously disrupt our season. 

im more worried about this international break coming up and what it might do to the players before we even go to the the tournament.

im more worried about this international break coming up and what it might do to the players before we even go to the the tournament.

If I were Klopp I'd do what Fergie used to do all the time and claim all our International players are injured. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

He then goes on to say that he'd love to see what happens if we progress and the FA Cup, league games and the Carabo cup all clash together. His exact words "I'd like to see what happens then" after which he laughs.

The league game just gets shoved towards the end of the season.

The Carabao Cup finishes end of Feb so after that, it's the CL which would hinder it more.

In 16/17 we had the same issue. Progressed to QFs of FA Cup. So our league game with Arsenal originally scheduled for Feb or March kept getting moved back. Ended up going to last Wednesday in May before the season finished.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

The Carabao Cup finishes end of Feb so after that, it's the CL which would hinder it more.

In 16/17 we had the same issue. Progressed to QFs of FA Cup. So our league game with Arsenal originally scheduled for Feb or March kept getting moved back. Ended up going to last Wednesday in May before the season finished.

I've a feeling Klopp will totally throw the FA Cup, which is a shame but hes not really got much choice.

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't think its much of the fact that the league games get pushed and more to do with what the conundrum in rotation is at that point. If you progress then you want to put your best foot forward and make sure you're competing on all fronts.

I don't think its much of the fact that the league games get pushed and more to do with what the conundrum in rotation is at that point. If you progress then you want to put your best foot forward and make sure you're competing on all fronts.

You have a squad. A big one at that. Use it like any other side would have to :) 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

You have a squad. A big one at that. Use it like any other side would have to :) 

Think the manager alluded to that in the interview too. I believe he thinks we should be gunning for the league and I agree with him. The rest of them are competitions we want to be in and the Carabo cup is one we even tried to get out of but it just backfired on us eventhough it was very entertaining for the neutrals. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

That's hard to do when we have a domestic cup game one day and then a game on the other side of the world the next day O.o

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

That's hard to do when we have a domestic cup game one day and then a game on the other side of the world the next day O.o

Okay granted it's a busy December, but we're also talking about FA Cup games as well and they start from January onwards. Don't forget every side in the Premier League has a week off in February either the 8th or 15th. Time to recuperate and give players a break which I'm sure will be welcome.

Yeah I’d bin the FA cup off as well. Do we get fined if we don’t even turn up? Tbh that’s what we should have done with the league cup

Fuck that, go for greatness, win them all. Aim for the treble that Manchester United did, the greatest achievement in English football history.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

It takes a world class coach to achieve such feat, I dont think klopp would be fond of such unrealistic expectations 

22 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

It takes a world class coach to achieve such feat, I dont think klopp would be fond of such unrealistic expectations 

Would you rather have Klopp as manager of Manchester United or OGS? 

I know Klopp turned down Utd but question still stands? :D

On 09/11/2019 at 05:52, The Artful Dodger said:

Fuck that, go for greatness, win them all. Aim for the treble that Manchester United did, the greatest achievement in English football history.

Did they have a mid season trip to Qatar when they won the treble? If we’d been dumped out of the league cup early like we’d been trying to I’d say go for it. But Unai Emery fucked that up for us.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Did they have a mid season trip to Qatar when they won the treble? If we’d been dumped out of the league cup early like we’d been trying to I’d say go for it. But Unai Emery fucked that up for us.

I'd love to have a go at the FA Cup but the timing of it is just shit. Right after the busy Christmas period, add the CWC on top of that too. It's not doable. It's alright if you have no European football

Apparently Gomez and Sterling had to be separated when they met up for International duty. Banter got out of hand xD

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Apparently Gomez and Sterling had to be separated when they met up for International duty. Banter got out of hand xD

Apparently Sterling wanted to fight him and grabbed him by the neck.

Sore fucking loser, very unprofessional 

On 10/11/2019 at 12:53, LFCMadLad said:

I know Klopp turned down Utd but question still stands? :D

Which story is the fan base going for this week? Phil Thompson and the wife story? Or Robbie Fowler and the ‘too commercial’ line? Of course Klopp will say he turned United down, it’ll simply give him even cheaper adulation to the fans (not that he needs it). Can’t say I ever remember him being approached at the time. That’s not a bitter or bias comment either, it’s the genuine truth.