talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

20 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

xD 

I thought that was lame tbh. Liverpool does have an enormous following in Australia, so many people who wish they could be more a part of the club, but still I just eyerolled at that.

I want to learn how to bet on sports. I have been following the sports news for a long time and I will not dare to do it. I've made my decision now. Sport is my hobby, so I have to try to make good money on it. I found this website https://bonus.co.ke/ here. I'm interested in your opinion on this. If you have experience in sports betting, I ask for feedback. Thank you!: поздравляю:

Edited by Dreamer7

• Subscriber

This isn't an "all Liverpool fans are hypocritical cunts" post by any means but I do have to ask the question here. As far as I'm aware The Anfield Wrap is one of the more popular liverpool fan accounts or sites, so when something that (again, correct me if I'm wrong) a number of Reds swear by starts posting stuff like this series of tweets below, is it really a surprise when dickheads from other clubs come out with stuff like "offended by everything, ashamed of nothing" and "always the victims"?

Again, just to be absolutely clear, I'm not looking for a high horse FC point scoring competition, I'm just genuinely interested in how this fan group is perceived and where you lot stand on them posting like this because it's pretty cringeworthy.

Also note the number of likes from their followers on the attempted assault from Dirk Kuyt they're trying to glorify compared to the match reports and actual news from a match that happened last night.

Obviously whoever runs their Twitter is a bellend. Obviously, I don't agree with any player intentionally hurting the opposition.

Last night was beyond a joke though. Sevilla were acting as if it was the fucking champions league final the way they were flying into tackles and getting into the refs face. That twat who kicked the lad deserves a fucking ban and fine for that. Ridiculous.

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Look at this challenge on this kid https://streamja.com/g4rZ - what a cunt

Holy shit. That's unbelievable. What a harsh payback on a kid for a challenge Lovren made.

7 hours ago, 6666 said:

I do think it was a foul on the Sevilla player but that's a ridiculous reaction to have in a proper game let alone a friendly. 

Not to mention the guy being chopped down wasn't even the one who made the tackle.

41 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This isn't an "all Liverpool fans are hypocritical cunts" post by any means but I do have to ask the question here. As far as I'm aware The Anfield Wrap is one of the more popular liverpool fan accounts or sites, so when something that (again, correct me if I'm wrong) a number of Reds swear by starts posting stuff like this series of tweets below, is it really a surprise when dickheads from other clubs come out with stuff like "offended by everything, ashamed of nothing" and "always the victims"?

Again, just to be absolutely clear, I'm not looking for a high horse FC point scoring competition, I'm just genuinely interested in how this fan group is perceived and where you lot stand on them posting like this because it's pretty cringeworthy.

Also note the number of likes from their followers on the attempted assault from Dirk Kuyt they're trying to glorify compared to the match reports and actual news from a match that happened last night.

Football fans are hypocrites, who knew?

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Football fans are hypocrites, who knew?

Football fans are hypocrites, but I get the impression with The Anfield Wrap that they fancy themselves as a bit more 'serious' like a semi-professional publication going off the fact they have been arsed enough to get blue tick verification on their Twitter account, they have video content, and appear to have sent someone out to America or wherever it was to cover the match. 

But that is my actual question here, is that what they are, or are they just a massively popular #sixtimeslaaa troll account that are more interested in using their following to try and wind up Everton and Man Utd fans on Twitter even if it means undermining the justified outrage Liverpool feel towards Sevilla and their behaviour last night?

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Football fans are hypocrites, but I get the impression with The Anfield Wrap that they fancy themselves as a bit more 'serious' like a semi-professional publication going off the fact they have been arsed enough to get blue tick verification on their Twitter account, they have video content, and appear to have sent someone out to America or wherever it was to cover the match. 

But that is my actual question here, is that what they are, or are they just a massively popular #sixtimeslaaa troll account that are more interested in using their following to try and wind up Everton and Man Utd fans on Twitter even if it means undermining the justified outrage Liverpool feel towards Sevilla and their behaviour last night?

I wouldn’t be able to tell you because I’ve never listened to them. A bit weird they’d use that clip of Kuyt going after that manc twat who was your captain, considering Kuyt was actually a good player for us so there’s actually clips of him doing stuff they could use though.

Some people love that over the top shite in the derby though. Not me though, I hate it and I can distinctly remember the particular times where I think it’s fucked us.

I do think that elbowing kids in the face and taking out another kid by the knee like that in a friendly, when these guys are seasoned pros was ridiculous.

Also what’s in the water in Spain?

• Subscriber

I just hope we don't have to play this team ever again because it always brings some element of rashness to both our game and theirs. Lets not imagine any team is immune to this kind of behavior they all have examples. But, I think @Dr. Gonzo brings up a good point. Why is it that this is a consistent style of behavior from this team and why is it that they think they can continue to do it when they've clearly been called up for it every single time? I don't think this kind of behavior from a player is tolerated in La Liga so I am also genuinely interested in understanding where it comes from. 

With VAR on the horizon now I think we'll start seeing less of it (we can all pray and hope) but a part of me thinks this goes beyond being called up by a ref and something else. 

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

No they're a proper company who provide free shows as well as a subscription service for Liverpool fans. They probably could have used a different clip in that Kuyt tweet, such as his late penalty in the same game, but I think you're making a massive deal out of nothing here.

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

No they're a proper company who provide free shows as well as a subscription service for Liverpool fans. They probably could have used a different clip in that Kuyt tweet, such as his late penalty in the same game, but I think you're making a massive deal out of nothing here.

Yep because asking what sort of fan account they are is making a massive deal out of it. I'd also call glorifying that assault from Kuyt more than nothing before you even get onto the deliberate and unashamed hypocrisy from whoever tweeted that which is just a bonus.

Rick and Gonzo had very little issue answering my question and moving on so there's really no need for you to get defensive.

It seems I'm not the only one who found it a dodgy thing to tweet. Thankfully there are plenty of Reds who have more semblance of self-awareness than whichever imbecile thought it would be "banter" to make that tweet, as you can see by the most liked replies to it:

Screenshot_20190722-190721_Twitter.thumb.jpg.2e04c379df5b85e7f5295a24857af3bd.jpg