talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yep because asking what sort of fan account they are is making a massive deal out of it. I'd also call glorifying that assault from Kuyt more than nothing before you even get onto the deliberate and unashamed hypocrisy from whoever tweeted that which is just a bonus.

Rick and Gonzo had very little issue answering my question and moving on so there's really no need for you to get defensive.

It seems I'm not the only one who found it a dodgy thing to tweet. Thankfully there are plenty of Reds who have more semblance of self-awareness than whichever imbecile thought it would be "banter" to make that tweet, as you can see by the most liked replies to it:

Screenshot_20190722-190721_Twitter.thumb.jpg.2e04c379df5b85e7f5295a24857af3bd.jpg

I answered your question and said they could have used a different clip? Don't know why you're so bothered to be honest xD

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

I answered your question and said they could have used a different clip? Don't know why you're so bothered to be honest xD

I was just trying to distinguish. Yes football fans are hypocrites, I wouldn't bat an eyelid if it was KensingtonKopLad1998 who tweeted that because what do you expect but I was surprised to see it come from an account claiming to be some sort of serious media outlet, that's literally all.

16 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I was just trying to distinguish. Yes football fans are hypocrites, I wouldn't bat an eyelid if it was KensingtonKopLad1998 who tweeted that because what do you expect but I was surprised to see it come from an account claiming to be some sort of serious media outlet, that's literally all.

I don't think you'd expect stuff like that from someone that was meant to be impartial but they're not meant to be. 

22 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I suppose that's a fair way to look at it.

I still think it's fucking stupid they'd use that clip tbh.

You can't rail against a player for that "tackle" on Larouci, if you're going to glorify Kuyt going in studs up in a two footed lunge on Phil Neville... even if the clip they posted didn't show any contact whatsoever, you can still see that Kuyt's either going in far too recklessly or with the intent to hurt. It's hard to criticise the shitbags on Sevilla and the kid who went after Larouci's knee with intent to injure, when posting that clip and glorifying a moment where Kuyt lost his fucking head.

Honestly, I'd forgot that moment ever happened. And I don't like (or respect) Phil Neville, but thank god Kuyt didn't make contact in that clip. With both studs up and going in that hard, I think Neville would have been seriously hurt. And Kuyt probably would have been sent off + gotten an additional ban for violent conduct (or whatever the fuck they call it) and he scored against Everton fairly regularly and was one of our more important players at the time.

Especially as it's Dirk fucking Kuyt, that man has so many great moments in a Liverpool shirt. And that's the fucking clip they use? That's just fucking stupid, regardless of what happened in that friendly against Sevilla. And nobody, I think, would be expecting TAW (which btw, what is that. is it a podcast? a fanzine? a website? all three? I could probably google it to find out... but after seeing that tweet from them idk if I want to give them the web traffic) to be impartial. But like, FFS, have a bit more dignity and common sense (especially considering that everyone fucking hates us and would use something like this to be like SEE ALL LIVERPOOL FANS ARE IDIOTS). I doubt Dirk Kuyt thinks that moment should be a defining moment of his Liverpool career or would think too highly of that tweet.

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why people glorify their players doing stupid and dangerous things. Even if it's against a rival, it's still a stupid and dangerous thing to do going into a tackle like that. Not that it matters much, but I do think that foul on Larouci was worse. And it was on a fucking kid in a friendly - not a match that meant anything or anywhere near a Merseyside derby where I think we've seen seasoned pros blinded by rage and then seeing red (or coming close to it), so I think that says something particular about the offending player's character last night.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

@Dr. Gonzo I was mainly trying to finish the debate :ph34r:.

I think it's hard to compare the two incidents. I'm not going to bother comparing them at all actually. Suffice to say that in both scenarios, we can all see red mist and do something stupid, which applies to Kuyt, Gnagnon, all the way down to me the time I destroyed my PS3 controller because I got too angry at the lag on a game of Call of Duty fucking me over. The extremity of the offence (as long as we stick to comparing bad tackles in football anyway) doesn't really matter if all that happened was a bad decision in the heat of the moment that you know and admit afterwards was a mistake and apologise if necessary.

It takes premeditated Roy Keane type behaviour where he injured someone on person and admitted it to really take it to the next level.

• Upvote 1

Just now, RandoEFC said:

@Dr. Gonzo I was mainly trying to finish the debate :ph34r:.

I think it's hard to compare the two incidents. I'm not going to bother comparing them at all actually. Suffice to say that in both scenarios, we can all see red mist and do something stupid, which applies to Kuyt, Gnagnon, all the way down to me the time I destroyed my PS3 controller because I got too angry at the lag on a game of Call of Duty fucking me over. The extremity of the offence (as long as we stick to comparing bad tackles in football anyway) doesn't really matter if all that happened was a bad decision in the heat of the moment that you know and admit afterwards was a mistake and apologise if necessary.

It takes premeditated Roy Keane type behaviour where he injured someone on person and admitted it to really take it to the next level.

I agree with that generally. I think Liverpool fans and Everton fans should absolutely know that, I think the Merseyside derby is the league's fixture with the most amount of red cards. And if you look at the list of players sent off in the derby, it's not like a list of psycopaths like Ramos, who've developed a reputation for being over the top arseholes trying to injure people.

Although that friendly against Sevilla wasn't just that one isolated incident in a heated match. It was very weird, there was one side playing like it was a pre-season match and one side treating it like a derby. Aside from that incident, Wilson also took an elbow to the face and a finger to the eye.

I thought maybe Sevilla were just well up for it because they were up against the Champions of Europe. But they were targeting kids, it was weird.

• Subscriber

I didn't see any of the stuff from last night apart from the main incident. It does sound weird, we played them in a friendly two summers back and I don't remember them being like that. It's very rare you see or hear a team over stepping the mark in a friendly to a significant extent above Sunday League level.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.70ecf24ab2d884bb8f73e6b4e540fcb5.png

Virgil van Dijk: Liverpool defender says Ballon d'Or would be 'big honour'

Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk says winning the Ballon d'Or would be "a big honour" but he can still get better.

Van Dijk, 28, is one of the favourites to win the award for the world's best player after being instrumental in Liverpool's Champions League victory and Premier League title challenge.

"If I am rewarded for the season I had last year that would be unbelievable and I would be so proud," he said.

"But I feel there is still more to come. I can get more out of me."

FULL STORY

38 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Could be a  blessing in disguise.

Hes a very decent back up to TAA instead of having to take Gomez from his best position. 

In what way is it a blessing in disguise? He won't be playing football until around Jan/Feb at the earliest.

I'm pretty sure we were paying him a salary consistent with being our first choice right back.

I'd rather we got rid and replaced him with a backup RB that has a higher likelihood of being physically fit on a given day.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rick said:

I mean, I'd definitely sue them if I was him since it caused him to miss out on a final for us. But his Liverpool career was ruined by his own behaviour.

Who knows how things may have intertwined from all that though?

If he was at sea because of the doping thing and it totally threw him off I can see him feeling it was more than just a cup final missed.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Harry said:

If he was at sea because of the doping thing and it totally threw him off I can see him feeling it was more than just a cup final missed.

Dont know if a court will see it that way but his lawyer will certainly push it as that. If the club is asked about it, which I dont think will even be a question here, then they'll just say he had disciplinary issues like any other player which is why he was let go.

I think we should let migs go also tbh. He's a solid goalkeeper at a club with less pressure and expectation than Liverpool.

He's also a confidence player, do being in the sidelines is not a good arrangement to get the best out of him.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

I don't see how his doping fail made him late for numerous team meetings, and the flights overseas. He's a talented lad, and was just coming into his peak with us, but he is also a bellend who didn't respect Klopp enough to follow the rules. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I think we should let migs go also tbh. He's a solid goalkeeper at a club with less pressure and expectation than Liverpool.

He's also a confidence player, do being in the sidelines is not a good arrangement to get the best out of him.

I'm fine with Mignolet as back up. Hated him as number 1 but if he's happy to stick around as Alisson's back up we might as well keep him. As long as he never has to have an extended run in the league or Europe!

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Rick said:

I don't see how his doping fail made him late for numerous team meetings, and the flights overseas. He's a talented lad, and was just coming into his peak with us, but he is also a bellend who didn't respect Klopp enough to follow the rules. 

He's suing his watch manufacturer as well