talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Btw, how is this happening during the camp? Are these players not tested before they go in? Then kept away from family in the team bubble? How the fuck does a player end up testing positive mid camp? Fucking taking the piss. 

Was at his brothers wedding the other day apparently

• Subscriber

Salah will only miss one game ffs. In fact he might not miss any. Mane for some reason got to finish his isolation after 10 days or something and played in the derby after the last set of internationals.

The bottom line is you have two long term injuries in Van Dijk and Gomez. That isn't many, and it's unfortunate that it's two in the same position but Liverpool still have much better strength in depth there than the rest of the league. Alexander-Arnold might miss 2-3 games. That isn't season altering.

Liverpool don't have a small squad. You don't half make out you're down to the nuts and bolts just because you don't have 3 players for every position like Man City. Other clubs will get hit by the Covid issue as well. It just goes to show how stupid it was to put internationals back on this soon.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

He'll miss one league game and Liverpool won't be the only club to be hit by Covid absences 

Assuming he recovers quick though.

He could be like Dybala, it’s not set in stone.

I still think we’re massively fucked by these defensive injuries so even if Salah misses just one game, I stand by my comment.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Assuming he recovers quick though.

He could be like Dybala, it’s not set in stone.

I still think we’re massively fucked by these defensive injuries so even if Salah misses just one game, I stand by my comment.

No one is saying they 'expect' Liverpool to win the league. They're at the very least amongst the favourites. To many, they are still the favourites. It'll be a strange season with clubs having players out unexpectedly due to Covid and more injuries but I think to suggest Liverpool won't be amongst the contenders for the league is way over the top to be honest.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Name one team that you're actually scared of.

With half our first team out?

Any side that finished in the top 6 last season.

And looks like we might be without 8 of our best 11... but sure, we have no reason to feel anxious about it according to some of you 9_9

11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Name one team that you're actually scared of.

Chelsea have a easily the strongest squad in the league. It’s scandalous how Lampard gets off with everything because he’s mates with all the public school journalists. 

Edited by The Artful Dodger
  • Wow 1
  • Upvote 1

I also think people forget that when Trent is out, we often struggle for creativity. Not like missing an ordinary good right back, he’s a really really important player for us going forward.

I think while he’s out, we might need to consider playing Shaqiri more. I think he’s better as an impact sub for us because he doesn’t really have the legs to play Klopp’s style regularly. But a month without Trent is a month with a big loss in creativity.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
Just now, Redcanuck said:

Salah is ill now, I imagine he should be fine for Leicester , but maybe you should just forfeit.

Not under current regulations. Has to isolate for 10 or 14 days (not sure which) therefore missing the Leicester game.