talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

We need a centre back in the upcoming window. It’s all rosey when Matip & Fab can play together, but as we are seeing, Matip is far too injury prone to rely on for the rest of the season. 

Keita is getting on my last nerve with his injury’s as well. Back one game and then injured again sums up his time here. If he isn’t going to be on the pitch regularly, then cash in. 

12 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yeah madlad was one of them, just like winding him up about it haha

Think you've got me mixed up with someone else mate. I was the one saying £50m for Sterling wasnt enough because of his potential, whereas others were saying good riddance. 

I always thought Sterling would become a quality player and that we shouldn't have sold him. Turns out I was wrong because he wouldn't get in our first 11 now.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Think you've got me mixed up with someone else mate. I was the one saying £50m for Sterling wasnt enough because of his potential, whereas others were saying good riddance. 

I always thought Sterling would become a quality player and that we shouldn't have sold him. Turns out I was wrong because he wouldn't get in our first 11 now.

Behave 

18 minutes ago, Storts said:

Behave 

Im being serious.. I never wanted us to sell Sterling. You seriously have me mixed up with someone else pal.

And no, Sterling wouldn't displace either of Mane or Salah. He'd be a luxury at best.

Edited by LFCMadLad

7 minutes ago, Rick said:

Well I dunno about him being a luxury, but he certainly isn’t displacing any of our front three right now. 

Mane scored a couple yesterday, Firminho has only just hit a decent run of form in the last 2/3 games. He could easily displace either as an option in my humble opinion. Salah is of course different gravy.

8 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Mane scored a couple yesterday, Firminho has only just hit a decent run of form in the last 2/3 games. He could easily displace either as an option in my humble opinion. Salah is of course different gravy.

Sterling isn’t exactly in great form either though. For our team, I wouldn’t swap any of them personally. 

Just now, Rick said:

Sterling isn’t exactly in great form either though. For our team, I wouldn’t swap any of them personally. 

I think Sterling is suffering because of his team. Your players haven’t got that excuse for me. Citeh seem to be going through some kind of identity crisis after losing Silva in the midfield, whereas your lot have been consistent now for 18 months without ever looking like being out of control bar the odd match. Bastards.

11 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think Sterling is suffering because of his team. Your players haven’t got that excuse for me. Citeh seem to be going through some kind of identity crisis after losing Silva in the midfield, whereas your lot have been consistent now for 18 months without ever looking like being out of control bar the odd match. Bastards.

Yeah, but he’s not wrong that Sterling wouldn’t start over Mane and Salah.

Mane basically was the year late replacement for Sterling that did everything Sterling did but better. And Salah’s ridiculously good and of the 3 is the best all around attacker. But if we had him back, he’d probably be starting alongside them (and with Salah more central) or he’d be fighting for a place with Bobby or Jota.

Either way, glad to see Sterling still struggles with being the main man. Guess that explains his England performances if he doesn’t have Kane and Sancho to carry him.

19 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I like Sterling, think he's a great player but no way would I have him over Mane.