talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Administrator

Reckon that's a sign Thiago can't be relied on long-term (injuries etc) for how Klopp likes his squad to play?

It's not a bad signing if it's to improve squad depth but underwhelming if the plan is to play him regularly.

54 minutes ago, Stan said:

Reckon that's a sign Thiago can't be relied on long-term (injuries etc) for how Klopp likes his squad to play?

It's not a bad signing if it's to improve squad depth but underwhelming if the plan is to play him regularly.

Think its more to do with Wijnaldum not yet signing a new contract if anything. Probably all shite anyway.

Edited by LFCMadLad

7 hours ago, Stan said:

Think it’s more for Gini looking likely to leave (sadly).

I think Renato Sanchez is shite though so I hope it’s not true

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hes only 23 xD

How old was Balotelli when he joined us? I’ve seen this lad look like he couldn’t be arsed to run while he was at Bayern Munich. I don’t care how old you are, if you’re at a team that big and you play like you don’t give a fuck... I doubt you’ll ever be professional enough to remain at that level.

45 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How old was Balotelli when he joined us? I’ve seen this lad look like he couldn’t be arsed to run while he was at Bayern Munich. I don’t care how old you are, if you’re at a team that big and you play like you don’t give a fuck... I doubt you’ll ever be professional enough to remain at that level.

Some players develop quicker than others mate, some mature as players with time whereas some thrive as teenagers. 

For every Balotelli there is a Salah or De Bruyne. There are countless examples of players flourishing as they get older. 

Im not saying Sanches is suddenly great all of a sudden but if we did sign him I wouldn't be giving up on him already. It was only about 3 years ago that our own fans were saying Henderson had no business playing for us. He was about 26 at the time. Some of our fans (and fans of other clubs) were saying Salah was an uninspiring signing, a Chelsea reject. At 18 Robertson was stacking shelves in a supermarket, when he signed for us people laughed. 

I dunno, maybe Sanches got too much unwanted publicity as a teenager (he got loads of awards for best young player etc) and that affected him for the worst? Maybe went to his head?

It might be a load of shite that we have agreed to sign him but if it is true then im pretty sure Klopp & Edwards etc have done their homework mate. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Balotelli is a mad one. He was never a truly world class talent but he had enough to play at the top level for his whole career.

I do wonder about the mental side of being a black player in Italy, the abuse they get is really astonishing and some of the tales about what he suffered over there are horrific. 

I'm sure the horrific abuse played a part in him being an absolute nutcase. But honestly that was never really the issue he had with us. His behavior was fine with us, tbh, other than the fact he's one of the laziest players to have ever stepped through Melwood. But he's been given so many chances, in Italy and outside Italy and even when he does hit a good run of form... you just know it'll be temporary and he'll go back to being an incredibly lazy player.

He's honestly one of the worst players I've ever seen for us, just because of his astounding lack of effort. We hardly even got to see the "flashes of quality" you get when you sign a player that's good but doesn't fit in - just his one goal against Spurs really. Other than that his time with us was a total waste and he played like someone who never wanted to be at the club in the first place. I'm surprised he kept playing football after us, tbh, seemed like his heart was well the fuck away from the game.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Some players develop quicker than others mate, some mature as players with time whereas some thrive as teenagers. 

For every Balotelli there is a Salah or De Bruyne. There are countless examples of players flourishing as they get older. 

Im not saying Sanches is suddenly great all of a sudden but if we did sign him I wouldn't be giving up on him already. It was only about 3 years ago that our own fans were saying Henderson had no business playing for us. He was about 26 at the time. Some of our fans (and fans of other clubs) were saying Salah was an uninspiring signing, a Chelsea reject. At 18 Robertson was stacking shelves in a supermarket, when he signed for us people laughed. 

I dunno, maybe Sanches got too much unwanted publicity as a teenager (he got loads of awards for best young player etc) and that affected him for the worst? Maybe went to his head?

It might be a load of shite that we have agreed to sign him but if it is true then im pretty sure Klopp & Edwards etc have done their homework mate. 

I'll trust Edwards & Klopp if we sign him, they've not been wrong often (only really one signing I'd say was a poor signing, and even then that's a bit harsh on Karius because he did end up being a keeper good enough to go to a CL final - and I think that final is what ultimately killed his career as a "top" keeper).

There appears to be a bit of panic in Gelsenkirchen this evening.  It seems to be a little early to react, but with our present dire position and a new coach taking over,  his defence could be weakened after Joel appeared to pull a groin muscle this evening.  Kloppy has never denied his interest in young Kabak and he would fill the space in the middle of the defence at Anfield which is looking slightly suspect due to injuries. Watch this space!  With the Turkish National team not having a game organised before the end of March, a change of club would not be a problem for Ozan.

• Subscriber
Just now, Happy Blue said:

Win our game in hand puts us 3pts behind you and we have been shit this season 😆 ..its a funny old game!

So its you'll Manchester United and Everton. It is a funny season. Think about it this way. If you'll had beaten United you'll would have been level. 

13 hours ago, Rick said:

I’m sorry if you’ve been asked this before, but what is your opinion of Kabak? @SchalkeUK ? 

I watched and taught Joel when he was younger and Ozan has come through in a much better shape since his move from Stuttgart.  His quiet way of going about the job will fit in with the guy he based his game on - namely Virgil - and he will be a loss to us if it happens, but our loss will be Kloppy's usual good gain!