talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You couldn't make it up could you xD

I just can't understand it. Yeah we've been poor a few times recently. The issue at centre back is hindering us a lot. Of course we have to win tonight, no excuses. Do that though and we're 3 points behind with some big games coming up. And you have people saying Liverpool have no chance.

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I just can't understand it. Yeah we've been poor a few times recently. The issue at centre back is hindering us a lot. Of course we have to win tonight, no excuses. Do that though and we're 3 points behind with some big games coming up. And you have people saying Liverpool have no chance.

It was only 3 weeks ago and they were saying we were favourites. 

Some people are so reactive. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It was only 3 weeks ago and they were saying we were favourites. 

Some people are so reactive. 

I haven’t said we’re favourites for a very long time xD

I’ve always been a pessimist and it serves me well. Optimists set themselves up for disappointment. I set myself up for either being disappointedly right or pleasantly surprised.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’ve always been a pessimist and it serves me well. Optimists set themselves up for disappointment. I set myself up for either being disappointedly right or pleasantly surprised.

From my experience optimists seem to enjoy supporting the club more so than the eternal pessimists.

I really don't understand those who find negatives in everything we do (not suggesting this applies to you).

Im on another chat site, there are always the usual suspects that hardly ever post when we are winning but seem to post all the time when things aren't going well. One in particular never has a good word to say, Crystal Palace for instance, his comment was that we were shite until we'd scored a couple of goals.

ffs why do these people even bother?:what:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

From my experience optimists seem to enjoy supporting the club more so than the eternal pessimists.

I really don't understand those who find negatives in everything we do (not suggesting this applies to you).

Im on another chat site, there are always the usual suspects that hardly ever post when we are winning but seem to post all the time when things aren't going well. One in particular never has a good word to say, Crystal Palace for instance, his comment was that we were shite until we'd scored a couple of goals.

ffs why do these people even bother?:what:

I see the negative in everything, not just LFC. The club is honestly one of the biggest sources of joy in my life, so it's served me well so far.

34 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I see the negative in everything, not just LFC. The club is honestly one of the biggest sources of joy in my life, so it's served me well so far.

Fair enough,  I just don't understand that myself though.

Ive supported Liverpool all my life (a very long time) a great source of joy for me too, I can't help thinking that those who constantly strive to find negatives aren't really enjoying these great times as much as they could?

7 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Fair enough,  I just don't understand that myself though.

Ive supported Liverpool all my life (a very long time) a great source of joy for me too, I can't help thinking that those who constantly strive to find negatives aren't really enjoying these great times as much as they could?

I don’t constantly strive to find negatives. I just don’t think things I want to happen will happen.

I still hope for the best, I just don’t expect the best ever. It makes nice things happening very fantastic (Istanbul was so fucking euphoric after that first half).

If you look back to last year, we were miles ahead and on the cusp of winning the title and @Stan would have to try to convince me we were likely the winners up until the very second we won.

It probably stems from being bitterly disappointed each year by the club in the 90s as a kid xD

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If you look back to last year, we were miles ahead and on the cusp of winning the title and @Stan would have to try to convince me we were likely the winners up until the very second we won.

Yeh you fucking weirdo xD

Every man and his dog knew you were winning the league! 

54 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It makes nice things happening very fantastic (Istanbul was so fucking euphoric after that first half)

That's it in a nutshell though, Istanbul was arguably our greatest moment as a supporter, three goals down at halftime, Supporters believing in us belting  out YNWA.

How much better than sitting around moaning that we were fooked and had no chance.

Just now, Scouse_Mouse said:

That's it in a nutshell though, Istanbul was arguably our greatest moment as a supporter, three goals down at halftime, Supporters believing in us belting  out YNWA.

How much better than sitting around moaning that we were fooked and had no chance.

Winning the league last year was one of the most incredible moments of my life tbh, shame it happened during a pandemic so we couldn’t have a normal celebration. 

Since there was little input outside of me and @Dr. Gonzo in the Burnley match day thread, what are the thoughts from my fellow reds? 

Do we expect to see this bad run end anytime soon? How do you think we will fair in these next 7 games? Do any of you think we may need to dip into the market now? 

33 minutes ago, Rick said:

Since there was little input outside of me and @Dr. Gonzo in the Burnley match day thread, what are the thoughts from my fellow reds? 

Do we expect to see this bad run end anytime soon? How do you think we will fair in these next 7 games? Do any of you think we may need to dip into the market now? 

Not again mate surely? This has been discussed about 658 times and each time it's been mostly agreed that we could do with a CB in this window but getting the right one is more difficult than people think. 

Surely we don't have to go through it all again?

12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not again mate surely? This has been discussed about 658 times and each time it's been mostly agreed that we could do with a CB in this window but getting the right one is more difficult than people think. 

Surely we don't have to go through it all again?

I asked more than one question.