talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

20 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Lets be honest here, both teams at full strength on form and you get hammered 4-0 ;)  ..we have won titles with a shit defence so losing  CB's is no excuse, Kompany lived on the treatment table

Hardly mate, you had Kompany out but you have never had to deal with the sheer amount of injuries to key players at the same time that we have, I don't recall any side being hit as hard as we have been this season.

We get VVD, Gomez, Matip, Fabinho, Jota, Alison, Keita and Mane back (and they are just the ones out today) and its last season all over again for City.:whistling:

Edited by Scouse_Mouse
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

you have never had to deal with the sheer amount of injuries to key players at the same time

You are just trolling now xD  ...most of our players are sick notes and it's normal for us to be missing 8 first team players, some games we only had 1 defender available  and had to play midfielders in defence, same with strikers, some games we cant even play a striker including this season

Edited by Happy Blue

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You are just trolling now xD  ...most of our players are sick notes and it's normal for us to be missed 8 first team players, some games we only had 1 defender available  and had to play midfielders in defence, same with strikers, some games we cant even play a striker including this season

One of us is trolling mate and it aint me.xD

Honestly when did City ever have as many long term injuries to as many key players at the same time.

We both know that it hasn't happened.

Everyone get's injuries, but most clubs don't have some oil rich sugar daddy that City have.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Hardly mate, you had Kompany out but you have never had to deal with the sheer amount of injuries to key players at the same time that we have, I don't recall any side being hit as hard as we have been this season.

We get VVD, Gomez, Matip, Fabinho, Jota, Alison, Keita and Mane back (and they are just the ones out today) and its last season all over again for City.:whistling:

Hahahahahah

This is why Liverpool fans get a bad name. You’re not the first club with an injury crisis. We had one equally as bad last year with our key players but you just get on with it. 

City have had spells similar too. As have the vast majority of clubs at one time or another 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Storts said:

Hahahahahah

This is why Liverpool fans get a bad name. You’re not the first club with an injury crisis. We had one equally as bad last year with our key players but you just get on with it. 

City have had spells similar too. As have the vast majority of clubs at one time or another 

I take it you won't have any problems pointing out the prolonged injuries to as many key players for you or City then Storts, right?

And don't pull a Mourinho, he claimed to have as many injuries as us the other week...............it turned out he was including a programme seller and a couple of old dears working in the cafeteria.xD

2 hours ago, Storts said:

Hahahahahah

More like every single professional club that has ever existed

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

One of us is trolling mate and it aint me.xD

Honestly when did City ever have as many  injuries to as many key players at the same time.

We both know that it hasn't happened.

Everyone get's injuries, but most clubs don't have some oil rich sugar daddy that City have.

Jesus, we have had an injury crisis this bloody season ffs!! and had far worse over the years, do you live under a rock?? :4_joy:  ..in October we had 8 players out ..Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Cancelo, Stones, Zinchenko  ..then we recently had similar numbers out with covid :coffee:

As Manchester City’s senior men’s team returns from the October 2020 international break, there are concerns about the fitness of City’s players. The Sky Blues are facing an injury crisis.

Leading up to the October 2020 international break, Manchester City players Sergio Agüero, Gabriel Jesus, John Stones, and Oleksandr Zinchenko were sidelined due to injury. Raheem Sterling withdrew from international duty. Kevin De Bruyne withdrew from the Belgian squad it has now been revealed that he will be out for a few weeks). João Cancelo also picked up a knock while competing with Portugal.

Meanwhile, İlkay Gündoğan, who recently contracted the coronavirus, has distanced himself from the first team.

Manchester City have been hit with an early injury crisis. During the opening few matches of the 2020/21 season, City manager Pep Guardiola had to include several of City’s younger players to fill his bench for first-team action

https://mancitysquare.com/2020/10/16/manchester-city-injury-crisis/#:~:text=Manchester City's early injury crisis&text=Leading up to the October,duty%2C citing a minor injury.

Edited by Happy Blue

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Oh please!

Don't become a WUM, please.

As @Storts said, plenty of other sides have had bad injury lists.

We've had Pereira, Soyuncu, Castagne, Vardy, Ndidi, Fofana, Maddison, Praet out at some point this season, some of them concurrently. 

So if you don't recall any other side being hit as hard, I think you're not paying enough attention to anyone else but Liverpool ;) 

I'd like to see the actual stats of our long term injuries/injuries/illness compared to anyone else in any one given season. I don't think there will be many who have lost their 1st, 2nd & 3rd choice CB's to season ending injuries, their number 1 goalkeeper for spells throughout the season, their FB's for over 6 weeks, their best midfielders having to play CB, their shit hot new forward missing for over 2 months, 2 of their midfielders missing game after game, their new world class midfielder being injured for 4 months.

I dont think we have been able to play our best 11 once all season. 

It's ridiculous what we have gone through this season.

Edited by LFCMadLad

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's ridiculous what we have gone through this season.

I agree. I don't think anyone is downplaying that :)

Just that you're not the only side to suffer. 

It’s not just about numbers, it’s about the length of injury. Has any other club had all of their senior CB’s injured for an entire season, and in Matip’s  case, half a season. 

We now have a situation where people are starting to downplay our injury problems by saying “every team has injuries”. Doesn’t sit well with me that, it’s a simplistic way of disregarding our issue. Don’t give me City as an example either, Kompany wasn’t just out for one season, he had issues that affected him for years and City had ample opportunity to replace him. They have also spent hundreds of millions on their defence, so again, not comparable. 

Long lay offs for Thiago, Keita & Jota as well. And the we have been without Mane, Henderson, Salah, Ox, Fabinho & Allisson for periods throughout the season. So I’m not having this idea of comparing it to teams who had regular injuries and niggles.  

Edited by Rick
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator

Southampton, for example, have 9 players out and that's just currently - Diallo, Obafemi, Romeu, Salisu, Smallbone, Vestergaard, Walcott, Walker-Peters, Tella.

Granted a couple of those are new/youth (Salisu & Tella), but as part of their squad, they're unavailable.

https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/fantasy-football-injuries/

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Southampton, for example, have 9 players out and that's just currently - Diallo, Obafemi, Romeu, Salisu, Smallbone, Vestergaard, Walcott, Walker-Peters, Tella.

Granted a couple of those are new/youth (Salisu & Tella), but as part of their squad, they're unavailable.

Hassenhuttl has also said he will start seeing them return next week. They aren’t season ending injuries. Or long term ones even. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Rick said:

It’s not just about numbers, it’s about the length of injury. Has any other club had all of their senior CB’s injured for an entire season, and in Matip’s  case, half a season. 

We now have a situation where people are starting to downplay our injury problems by saying “every team has injuries”. Doesn’t sit well with me that, it’s a simplistic way of disregarding our issue. Don’t give me City as an example either, Kompany wasn’t just out for one season, he had issues that affected him for years and City had ample opportunity to replace him. They have also spent hundreds of millions on their defence, so again, not comparable. 

Long lay offs for Thiago, Keita & Jota as well. And the we have been without Mane, Henderson, Salah, Ox, Fabinho & Allisson for periods throughout the season. So I’m not having this idea that it’s just a normal situation. 

All fair points. You've had your CBs out which is huge. 

But I've not seen anyone say it's normal. It's just a shit season for a lot of clubs. That, to me, is not normalising it. 

I don't think it's right, though, to downplay any other sides' injuries which is what @Scouse_Mouse did. No-one is disregarding your issue :) 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

We have had that problem for 3/4's of the season already. Its not even comparible. 

• Administrator
Just now, Rick said:

Hassenhuttl has also said he will start seeing them return next week. They aren’t season ending injuries. Or long term ones even. 

Can't change the goalposts.

First we're talking injuries so far across the season, now it's only season-ending, long-term injuries?

We had Ndidi, Castagne, Soyuncu out for best part of 3 months since September, Pereira only just coming back since March :what:

1 minute ago, Stan said:

But I've not seen anyone say it's normal. It's just a shit season for a lot of clubs. That, to me, is not normalising it. 

I don't think it's right, though, to downplay any other sides' injuries which is what @Scouse_Mouse did. No-one is disregarding your issue :) 

To be fair, @Scouse_Mouse said they don’t recall any team being hit as hard as we have this season. Which, to me, is fair. When you’ve lost all your centre half’s for the season, it’s a pretty devastating start to the tally. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Can't change the goalposts.

First we're talking injuries so far across the season, now it's only season-ending, long-term injuries?

We had Ndidi, Castagne, Soyuncu out for best part of 3 months since September, Pereira only just coming back since March :what:

Not changing the goalposts. I said straight away that it wasn’t just about numbers, it’s about length of injury as well. Can’t compare a team who are currently having a short injury problem to the months of issues we are having to deal with. 

Fair point about your players. Now imagine Evans, Soyuncu & Fofana being ruled out for the rest of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Not changing the goalposts. I said straight away that it wasn’t just about numbers, it’s about length of injury as well. Can’t compare a team who are currently having a short injury problem to the months of issues we are having to deal with. 

Fair point about your players. Now imagine Evans, Soyuncu & Fofana being ruled out for the rest of the season. 

Plus their goalkeeper missing about 6 weeks, their FB missing about 6 weeks, their midfielders all missing game after game. 

It's ridiculous, but hey, we will just crack on.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Rick said:

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Southampton just lost 9-0 so not really sure what point you're trying to make here :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Oh please!

Don't become a WUM, please.

The WUM here was actually Happy Blue who came to a Liverpool thread and posted about Liverpool being "one season wonders".

I'm sure (with you being impartial and all ) he's been accused of being a WUM too? Or are the WUM's on here just newcomers?

4 hours ago, Stan said:

As @Storts said, plenty of other sides have had bad injury lists.

Storts, another WUM, wasn't he posting about the greatest French midfield player of all time just a week ago? 

I'm noticing a pattern here.

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Look again, it was downplayed. "Every club has them" "The vast majority" of clubs have them.

Look Stan, I'm not trying to wind anyone up. I wasn't suggesting no other club has ever had multiple injuries, I was stating that this situation that Liverpool have found themselves is unprecedented. The amount of injuries, the length and severity of the injuries to this many key players hasn't happened to the vast majority of clubs at all. You only have to do a quick search to see that when other clubs have been hit it's usually been two or three key players (at the most) not 6 and they have rarely been as long term. Downplaying this injury crisis is nothing new, you see it all the time elsewhere, Christ even Mourinho was at it, did you see his list of injuries that he claimed were as bad as ours? talk about scraping the barrel with squad and youth players being compared with the key players out for us.

Once again, I wasn't trying to wind up anyone, but if you are seriously concerned about WUMs on here you might want to nip them in the bud, even if it's a long time contributor on here doing the winding up.

• Wow 1