talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

50 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf I’m on a football forum, I’m not camped up outside John Henry’s house calling him a cunt and trying to fuck his wife.

I’m allowed to have fucking opinions. You’re allowed to disagree with them. We don’t always have to agree mate xD

But people did foresee a possible injury crisis… even on here, before Lovren was even sold.

I think other than last season and this season, I’ve been pretty happy with our recruitment.

But I don’t understand not investing in the side after winning the league. And I think last season exposed a few issues with depth in the squad that we’re being very slow to address… while we’ve lost the midfielder who played the most for us last season and has been a key part of the spine of a very good Liverpool for several seasons.

And I think FSG deserve every ounce of criticism they get for the foreseeable future.

We did invest in the side after winning the league. We signed Thiago and Jota. As i said, there's a month of this transfer window left yet. This is hardly the time to be complaining about lack of signings,  especially when we don't even have room in the squad for any. 

Always seems to be the cop out though that phrase “in hindsight”. Bollocks to last season being one of those situations. We sold Lovren, didn’t replace him which numerous of us on here and further a field were saying was a bad decision.

Going into the season relying on on Van Dijk and two heavily injury prone players (Matip might be the most injury prone player I’ve seen in my life) was stupid as fuck. No denying that, and that’s what fucks us off the most. Nobody here is asking for 80m there or 90m here, we just want better back up options…hell, we just want any sort of back up options to replace the ones we do have that have not performed at this club. Hoping that some of the fringe players miraculously become beasts after 3-6 years at the club is naive. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Always seems to be the cop out though that phrase “in hindsight”. Bollocks to last season being one of those situations. We sold Lovren, didn’t replace him which numerous of us on here and further a field were saying was a bad decision.

Going into the season relying on on Van Dijk and two heavily injury prone players (Matip might be the most injury prone player I’ve seen in my life) was stupid as fuck. No denying that, and that’s what fucks us off the most. Nobody here is asking for 80m there or 90m here, we just want better back up options…hell, we just want any sort of back up options to replace the ones we do have that have not performed at this club. Hoping that some of the fringe players miraculously become beasts after 3-6 years at the club is naive. 

I've said it was a gamble that backfired already. I don't see the point in complaining about it a year later though to be honest. 

And again... there is plenty of time for new signings yet but as has been mentioned 4 or 5 times already, we can't recruit until a few have been shifted. Origi and Shaq are obviously finished here, just need to get them out the door for decent fees. 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

I've said it was a gamble that backfired already. I don't see the point in complaining about it a year later though to be honest. 

And again... there is plenty of time for new signings yet but as has been mentioned 4 or 5 times already, we can't recruit until a few have been shifted. Origi and Shaq are obviously finished here, just need to get them out the door for decent fees. 

Because it’s very relevant to our situation in midfield right now. Going into another season with Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson (starting to pick up more and more injury’s), Keita (injury prone af), Milner (not getting any younger), Jones & Chamberlain (injury prone) isn’t exactly inspiring confidence in me. 

Do you honestly believe that we will bring in the players we need before the close of the window?

8 minutes ago, Rick said:

Because it’s very relevant to our situation in midfield right now. Going into another season with Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson (starting to pick up more and more injury’s), Keita (injury prone af), Milner (not getting any younger), Jones & Chamberlain (injury prone) isn’t exactly inspiring confidence in me. 

Do you honestly believe that we will bring in the players we need before the close of the window?

I dont know, but Klopp and Edwards don't usually dissapoint so I'll reserve judgement on our business in about a months time, not now.

Liverpool could have had a dynasty, but they blew it, but not entirely their fault. Can’t see them recapturing that lighting in a bottle. I am still convinced ‘Klopp burnout‘ is a real thing, burning a candle at both ends.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rick said:

Harvey Elliott needs to stay here this season. He is brilliant, and could be a really special player. 

Klopp said after the game today that Elliot will take a spot in the squad this season. He also hinted at a new signing coming in. 

9 hours ago, Spike said:

Liverpool could have had a dynasty, but they blew it, but not entirely their fault. Can’t see them recapturing that lighting in a bottle. I am still convinced ‘Klopp burnout‘ is a real thing, burning a candle at both ends.

Fabinho just needs to play in midfield mate. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Fabinho just needs to play in midfield mate. 

I think it's more that they have a paper thin squad and their recruiting has been mediocre ever since the spent that fortune on van Dijk, Keita, Alisson and Thiago. One injury and their team is in disarray and what Klopp expects from his player lends itself to higher chance of injury. The core is fantastic - one of the best in the world, but once one of their superstars falls out of form or is injured they fall apart.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

So much shite being spouted in here. 

Oh come off it, what exactly have I said wrong? What do you disagree that I said that Liverpool has one of the best cores in the world? Do you disagree that the depth isn't great? Do you disagree that Klopp has a demanding style? Or is this another 'you're not a Liverpool fan so you're opinion goes into the bin' scenario?

It's so tiring and it's always the same song and dance. I'm 100% impartial to Liverpool and I like discussing them because there are a lot of fans on here, and it's interesting to discuss; well it is till the someone chirps in with comments like that.

Edited by Spike
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Spike said:

Oh come off it, what exactly have I said wrong? What do you disagree that I said that Liverpool has one of the best cores in the world? Do you disagree that the depth isn't great? Do you disagree that Klopp has a demanding style? Or is this another 'you're not a Liverpool fan so you're opinion goes into the bin' scenario?

It's so tiring and it's always the same song and dance. I'm 100% impartial to Liverpool and I like discussing them because there are a lot of fans on here, and it's interesting to discuss; well it is till the someone chirps in with comments like that.

'One injury and their team is in disarray' is absolute bollocks. Liverpool were top of the league last year until they lost their third centre back to a season ending injury.

5 hours ago, Spike said:

I think it's more that they have a paper thin squad and their recruiting has been mediocre ever since the spent that fortune on van Dijk, Keita, Alisson and Thiago. One injury and their team is in disarray and what Klopp expects from his player lends itself to higher chance of injury. The core is fantastic - one of the best in the world, but once one of their superstars falls out of form or is injured they fall apart.

Two or three injuries, but the general point is correct. 

7 hours ago, Spike said:

VVD and Alisson were signed in the same window, Keita in a different window and Thiago was signed last summer. How as our recruitment been 'mediocre' since then? You're talking shite mate.

We didn't just have 'one injury' at all, again that is absolute bollocks. At one point last season we had our whole first team back 4 out injured at the same time, Allisson also spent a chunk of the season sidelined, Fabinho and Henderdon had to play CB before both suffered long spells out injured. Thiago didn't play for 3 months after signing due to injury, Keita couldn't deputise due to injury, along with Ox and we had to rely on youngsters such as Curtis Jones and veterans such as Milner (who also picked up an injury during that time). 

After dealing with all that, we still managed to pick up more points than any other team in the league during the last 10 games of the season to cement 3rd place. It was only a 4 - 6 week period where a freak run of home losses totally fucked our season. Before that horrible run we were top of the league and after that run we picked up more points than anyone else in the league.

But yeah, 1 injury and we are totally fucked.

Like I said... talking complete shite!

• Haha 1