talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

When i saw him get up I thought "thank the lord" then he started to make that face full of pain and I started thinking "we're proper fucked now". Oh well we can only hope that we can do well now and its not like he's the only person we rely on that's out. If only the league was till December ... if only.

Or if only we could just play the top 7 teams every week. 

12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Listening to the phone in on the way home from football and a bloke rang up saying that Klopp should be sacked and replaced with Kenny Dalgliesh.

Please tell me that this is some sort of wind-up? I can't fathom how that would be a good managerial change.

Every club has the odd blert xD

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Listening to the phone in on the way home from football and a bloke rang up saying that Klopp should be sacked and replaced with Kenny Dalgliesh.

Please tell me that this is some sort of wind-up? I can't fathom how that would be a good managerial change.

People still listen to radio phone ins?

42 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Just background talk on the way home from football, nothing that I'd do in the house.

They're worth watching for the amount of whoppers on there.

I listen to TalkSport all the time in the car, it's good for giggles. The Two Mikes crack me up xD

Not surprised, Liverpool have a lot of average to good, good to can be really good at times sort of players. If that makes sense xD Emre Can is young, Adam Lallana will never be a great player to take you over the line, Coutinho is inconsistent even if brilliant at times, there seemed to be a crumble when Mane left in Jan and you're left relying on the Jordan Henderson's and Divock Origi's of this world.

There's a good squad of players as it is, but you just lack the class that the likes of Suarez or Gerrard afforded you. Maybe a big bid for 1-3 key players in the Summer? I imagine that'd only be possible with Champions League football otherwise you're relying on more inconsistent players to come in.

I know you're top four now which is you lot being on target at the moment, and whilst I can't see United catching you up, you've still got Arsenal and City to contend with.

4 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Hahaha what the fuck. That has to be a wind up... or he's an idiot. The King brought us some much needed stability on his return, and a trophy, but you could tell he wants to use 90s tactics in modern day football and it just doesn't work. Klopp is not without mistakes... especially against the poor sides... but he's the better manager in this day and age, regardless of how good Dalglish was in our hey day.

• Administrator

Mane out for the season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39504885

End of Liverpool's season as well? They play no-one else in the top 7 and play strugglers like West Ham, Middlesbrough & Palace but have had consistent problems against so called 'lesser' teams ad putting those kind of teams away. 

Top 2 seems out of the question with Chelsea/Spurs having an extra game to play. Man City, Arsenal & Utd all have games in hand on them as well. Can they hang on to top 4?

1 minute ago, Romesh said:

Mane out for the season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39504885

End of Liverpool's season as well? They play no-one else in the top 7 and play strugglers like West Ham, Middlesbrough & Palace but have had consistent problems against so called 'lesser' teams ad putting those kind of teams away. 

Top 2 seems out of the question with Chelsea/Spurs having an extra game to play. Man City, Arsenal & Utd all have games in hand on them as well. Can they hang on to top 4?

We can hold on and we should hold on given the fixtures of the teams involved. 

But we'll find a way to fuck it up, we always do!

I think Liverpool's struggles against 'lesser' teams were largely in the absence of Mane, weren't they? I know they lost to Burnley early on and the odd other game but they largely played well in those games, just failing to take chances. Without Mane they are pretty impotent generally, I think they'll seriously struggle to hold on to a top 4 place without him.

As I said in the match thread for the weekend, we need to try something different now. We haven't won when Mane hasn't started and it's not good enough to hope that Origi can deputise, because he can't.

Sturridge is just coming back now and I think he needs to make a genuine contribution if we're to hold on to our spot in the Champions League places.

29 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Has Sturridg been injured, again? I thought Klopp just despised him.

Yeah he's had a recurring hip injury but he's ready to start again now. It's true though that he's not Klopps favourite cup of tea, whether that's because of style of play or on a personal level I'm not too sure. The thing with Klopp is that he likes us to press relentlessly from the front but Sturridge just doesn't trust his body enough to do that and sometimes it comes across as him been lazy. 

Basically I think Klopp just thinks he's a fanny. 

Liverpool forward Sadio Mane is set to miss the last seven games of the season with a knee injury.

Mane, 24, was taken off after colliding with Leighton Baines in Saturday's 3-1 home victory over Everton.

Manager Jurgen Klopp said he was "pretty sure" Mane needed surgery, leaving it "pretty much impossible for him to play again this season".

The £34m signing from Southampton has started all but five of Liverpool's league games this campaign.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39504885?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

If there is already this topic please close it

• The title was changed to Liverpool Discussion