talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Members Pictures

football forum

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Well not actually sure if its a "pro" camera, but its a Canon T3i.

It's an entry-level/mid-range DSLR camera, but it's a good one ;) out of interest, what lenses do you use with it?

Just now, nudge said:

It's an entry-level/mid-range DSLR camera, but it's a good one ;) out of interest, what lenses do you use with it?

The one I used for the pictures above was 18-55 mm. I have a longer one that serves me well on travels but I struggle with it in the football. At least in professional matches.

For example, look at this picture

be0dd39f13e6788f34a5f1675b5fed26.jpg

The photo is actually zoomed, because I was on the other side of the pitch. I don't have super lenses but we all have to start somewhere and it works a lot better for me in youth football given there I have more freedom to move around.

For now, its good enough but I won't get magazine cover quality snaps. The reason I'm not telling you the other one is because its in my travel bag and I cba to get it out haha

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

The one I used for the pictures above was 18-55 mm. I have a longer one that serves me well on travels but I struggle with it in the football. At least in professional matches.

For example, look at this picture

be0dd39f13e6788f34a5f1675b5fed26.jpg

The photo is actually zoomed, because I was on the other side of the pitch. I don't have super lenses but we all have to start somewhere and it works a lot better for me in youth football given there I have more freedom to move around.

For now, its good enough but I won't get magazine cover quality snaps. The reason I'm not telling you the other one is because its in my travel bag and I cba to get it out haha

Yeah, a fast professional telephoto lens makes a world of difference in photographing sports, fast moving subjects and action shots in general, but you can compensate a lot with the right settings (i.e. fast shutter speed, large aperture, AI Servo focusing, burst mode, etc). Also, consider getting a tripod (or monopod) if you haven't got one yet, it's not expensive and helps A LOT to keep your camera steady and avoid blurring.

Just now, nudge said:

Yeah, a fast professional telephoto lens makes a world of difference in photographing sports, fast moving subjects and action shots in general, but you can compensate a lot with the right settings (i.e. fast shutter speed, large aperture, AI Servo focusing, burst mode, etc). Also, consider getting a tripod (or monopod) if you haven't got one yet, it's not expensive and helps A LOT to keep your camera steady and avoid blurring.

I definitely need to get around to the tripod. I've just began on going to Primera Division games as of 2 weeks ago and sometimes I feel like a minority because everyone around me has super lenses and I have a crappy one xD

I would be a liar to say it doesn't make me a bit uneasy, but I don't let it affect my work. The problem is I know about 2 or 3 of the photographers there, so I tend to avoid them. For now, its acceptable but I'll check out the settings. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
7 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

The new arrival is finally here!!! 

Say hello to Mia... 

Another soft bundle of potential chaos into our lives.... B|

Leelah getting involved early... 

Both mum and baby doing well... 

Congrats mate, beautiful.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

@JOSHBRFC congratulations mate. It’ll change your life forever! But it’s all worth it. Being a father ranks as the best thing I have and ever will achieve. How was the missus pregnancy in general? My other half had a horrendous time, we’re not sure we would risk it again.

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Another TF365er who's absolutely punching :ph34r:

Congratulations @JOSHBRFC:twothumbsup:

Think we all are. Considering we post on an Internet forum and love people we haven’t even met but just like the way they type words. 

Congrats @JOSHBRFC, still think Emerton was a fair shout for a middle name. 

Edited by Toinho
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Batard said:

@JOSHBRFC congratulations mate. It’ll change your life forever! But it’s all worth it. Being a father ranks as the best thing I have and ever will achieve. How was the missus pregnancy in general? My other half had a horrendous time, we’re not sure we would risk it again.

She had a planned section mate and it all went well. Couple of things we knew before hand meant that was the best option and all went well. 

I got some cracking pictures of the baby as soon as she came out. Reminded me of Lion King. Oh and i also sobbed like a bitch.

19 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Think we all are. Considering we post on an Internet forum and love people we haven’t even met but just like the way they type words. 

Congrats @JOSHBRFC, still think Emerton was a fair shout for a middle name. 

Thanks pal xD It was a tough choice!

Edited by JOSHBRFC

• The topic was pinned