Newport vs Chesterfield
Port Vale vs Crewe
Swindon vs Crawley
Yeovil vs Coventry

• The title was changed to Football League 2017/18 - 25-26th August 2017
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be a bad few days for Brentford if they suffer another defeat, this time to an impressive looking Wolves, and if either Boro, Hull or someone else stumps up enough cash to prize Jota from them. I also didn't realise how poorly Fulham have started, it seems like a big hangover from the play-off's last season so far and Ipswich have started unbelievably. 

Wigan v Portsmouth should be interesting as it's Paul Cook's former side. There's also a local derby in Rochdale v Bury, so that should be feisty. 

It's top v bottom in League Two between Swindon and Crawley and Harry Kewell's managerial career could be on the ropes before it's even started there, you've got a local derby at Vale Park between Port Vale and Crewe and from memory and without having looked, those games usually produce goals but the game of the today in League Two is surely Mansfield Town v Luton Town, most people's favourites for promotion this season. 

4 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Could be a bad few days for Brentford if they suffer another defeat, this time to an impressive looking Wolves, and if either Boro, Hull or someone else stumps up enough cash to prize Jota from them. I also didn't realise how poorly Fulham have started, it seems like a big hangover from the play-off's last season so far and Ipswich have started unbelievably. 

Wigan v Portsmouth should be interesting as it's Paul Cook's former side. There's also a local derby in Rochdale v Bury, so that should be feisty. 

It's top v bottom in League Two between Swindon and Crawley and Harry Kewell's managerial career could be on the ropes before it's even started there, you've got a local derby at Vale Park between Port Vale and Crewe and from memory and without having looked, those games usually produce goals but the game of the today in League Two is surely Mansfield Town v Luton Town, most people's favourites for promotion this season. 

It's an interesting one, we've had poor results but good performances. Had we not of beat QPR in the week then I'd be worried but I feel like winning 4-1 will have done us some good. There's a big atmosphere at the club around high performance levels when we're not getting results and vice versa, I imagine the players will all be well versed in how quickly a run of form can change so I don't think we're going to go down a bad road. If we were away I could see a score draw tomorrow, but as we're at home I'm leaning towards a Bees win.

Knowing my luck we'll probs lose 😂

The annual televised Sky clash of the fallen giants takes place tomorrow. Forest Leeds at the City Ground is always picked and everytime without fail, you can be sure you'll hear former 'European Cup winners' or 'Fallen Premiership giants'.

Should be an interesting game as both clubs are in a bit of form. I feel it was a totally schoolboy and woeful decision from us to allow Liam Bridcutt to join Forest in time for this game. You just know he's going to have a stormer because he'll want to prove a massive point.

The dilemma for us is how short we are up front. Despite signing the young dutch lad Grot in the week, I fully expect us not to start him and play Roofe up front after his hat trick on Tuesday night.

Given how Forest have started, I would probably take a draw to be fair. I have a 1-1 feeling about this game.

We need our first home win of the season tomorrow against MK Dons. We have to start well as MK Dons could be there for the taking otherwise it will turn into another Doncaster/Southend. Dack is likely to be out which is a shame as he is forming a decent partnership with Samuel. Samuel looks a real handful at this level but we need more support for him.

Raya

Caddis Mulgrew Ward Williams

Bennett Evans Smallwood Conway

Graham Samuel

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I reckon this has 1-0 villa written all over it to be honest 

seriously despite our two wins I don't know a Villa fan that rates him, he's actually holding us back. Going to Bristol City with 5 at the back? fuck off no disrespect to Bristol City but that squad should be top 5 in this league we'll regret persevering with this useless cunt of a manager.

Half Time - 2-1 against @Batard's boys.

Looked off the pace to begin and fuck knows what Etheridge was doing for QPR's goal, but Smithies helped repay the favour following Zohore and Hoilett's persistence (it was more the defender's fault but whatever) and Bamba nodding home at the near post which Smithies really should have covered.

Hopefully Warnock gives them a little bit of a kick up the arse for the second half.

• Administrator

Danny Collins sent off for Grimsby. That might not be too interesting for anyone on here but it's significant because Grimsby have now had a red card in each of their 5 games this season xD 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Half Time - 2-1 against @Batard's boys.

Looked off the pace to begin and fuck knows what Etheridge was doing for QPR's goal, but Smithies helped repay the favour following Zohore and Hoilett's persistence (it was more the defender's fault but whatever) and Bamba nodding home at the near post which Smithies really should have covered.

Hopefully Warnock gives them a little bit of a kick up the arse for the second half.

From what I've seen and heard, after the first goal QPR just couldn't contain Cardiff. You had a 3rd goal ruled offside didn't you?

2 hours ago, Batard said:

From what I've seen and heard, after the first goal QPR just couldn't contain Cardiff. You had a 3rd goal ruled offside didn't you?

We did have it disallowed but I thought it was for something else as I didn't see the linesman flag up at all.

Another good win and a shame.that the international break has come round really. Hoping that we don't suffer any major injuries during the qualifiers.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived