• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Qualification (Europe) - Group A

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
43 minutes ago, Stan said:

sensational result in more than one sense for both teams.

France, with all their talent, must be wondering how they've not got 3 points. Luxembourg will be over the moon. 

Deschamps. Not enough creativity in midfield. Giroud and Griezmann didn't work. Awful.

29 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

It must be Luxembourg's golden generation :ph34r:

Was waiting for this haha

In all seriousness though...  What about the options that France have.  How they didn't beat a side like Luxembourg is absolutely ridiculous.

Once Deschamps manages to click the right notes on the amount of players he has to choose from few will be able to stop them.  One thing's for sure, Giroud is the odd one out in all of that.

Just now, VanPanna said:

And still Giroud couldnt score xD

Giroud is too awkward for that bunch of players.  With Giroud you have to play a certain way I think and that France squad should be able to play beautiful football with a more mobile and intelligent forward.  Infact for me, I'd play a false 9 and not a target man.

Just now, SirBalon said:

In all seriousness though...  What about the options that France have.  How they didn't beat a side like Luxembourg is absolutely ridiculous.

Once Deschamps manages to click the right notes on the amount of players he has to choose from few will be able to stop them.  One thing's for sure, Giroud is the odd one out in all of that.

Its crazy,  The players the French have should be at least winning 3 or 4-0 when playing bad against Luxembourg.   

This is the team they had out

Lloris

Sidibe

Koscielny

Umtiti

Kurzawa

Pogba

Kante

Lemar

Mbappe

Giroud

Griezmann

Subs that came on -  Coman, Lacazette and Fekir.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Giroud is too awkward for that bunch of players.  With Giroud you have to play a certain way I think and that France squad should be able to play beautiful football with a more mobile and intelligent forward.  Infact for me, I'd play a false 9 and not a target man.

Well I think France are finding the same problems to why Arsenal fans dont rate Giroud starting. 

Just now, VanPanna said:

Well I think France are finding the same problems to why Arsenal fans dont rate Giroud starting. 

Well Alexis has been a sort of false 9 for Arsenal and they've been our best moments because it suits a major part of the midfield we tend to have.

These types of players like the one you gave in the previous post like a lot of mobility and having a target man conditions the way you should be putting in the final pass to produce a strike at goal.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

When you think we got hammered for playing shit and beating Malta 4-0, France should be crucified.

They WILL be by their press!  Their press doesn't mess about and it won't be with stupid captions to try and have a laugh.  They'll crucify them by writing football!

Just now, SirBalon said:

They WILL be by their press!  Their press doesn't mess about and it won't be with stupid captions to try and have a laugh.  They'll crucify them by writing football!

Rightly so.

I see a few comments about 'when they click' no one is going to stop them or they'll win most games convincingly, but I've been waiting for France to click for about two and a half years now. Pretty much since the build up to Euro 2016 and yet they still flatter to deceive.

3 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Yea and we lost 4-0 to the French on thursday makes me angry that why couldnt we get something. :(

Don't even get me started on the Dutch. I'm angry for you! One of my favourite nations footballing wise and yet they are slowly becoming the Sunderland of International Football.

Saddens me deeply. They should not be in that state.

Just now, Lucas said:

Rightly so.

I see a few comments about 'when they click' no one is going to stop them or they'll win most games convincingly, but I've been waiting for France to click for about two and a half years now. Pretty much since the build up to Euro 2016 and yet they still flatter to deceive.

Sometimes these types of sides need something different in terms of a national team coach.  Look at Belgium's "golden generation"...  They've been mostly a joke!

Just because you have talented players, which France obviously do.  It doesn't mean it's all about putting an XI together and saying "just go out there and play".  Maybe it's down to Didier Deschamps!

Why Benzema isn't in this side is beyond me.  Giroud isn't fit to lace his boots in terms of talent and Benzema definitely fits the way those players seem to want to play.  For some reason when I see this France side, they seem to want to be overly physical instead of just enjoying playing.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Sometimes these types of sides need something different in terms of a national team coach.  Look at Belgium's "golden generation"...  They've been mostly a joke!

Just because you have talented players, which France obviously do.  It doesn't mean it's all about putting an XI together and saying "just go out there and play".  Maybe it's down to Didier Deschamps!

Why Benzema isn't in this side is beyond me.  Giroud isn't fit to lace his boots in terms of talent and Benzema definitely fits the way those players seem to want to play.  For some reason when I see this France side, they seem to want to be overly physical instead of just enjoying playing.

Thats because Benzema sells home made tapes of his own team mates.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Saddens me deeply. They should not be in that state.

I too love Dutch football...  They're the European football school of excellence historically (at least since the late 60s) and the reason they're in that state is because their football federation is a total shambles!  It's a joke...  They're all absolute idiots and this is the result you get when idiots are permitted to control things for too long.

Just now, VanPanna said:

Thats because Benzema sells home made tapes of his own team mates.

Who cares what his on the side pastime is.  If he ain't in prison, play him!  He's playing for Real Madrid and he should be playing for France until it's proven what he did and then act upon it.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Who cares what his on the side pastime is.  If he ain't in prison, play him!  He's playing for Real Madrid and he should be playing for France until it's proven what he did and then act upon it.

Well that is the reason why he is out of the set up, its a very strange case.

15 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Its crazy,  The players the French have should be at least winning 3 or 4-0 when playing bad against Luxembourg.   

This is the team they had out

Lloris

Sidibe

Koscielny

Umtiti

Kurzawa

Pogba

Kante

Lemar

Mbappe

Giroud

Griezmann

Subs that came on -  Coman, Lacazette and Fekir.

Griezmann and Kante are good but the rest look pretty average on paper 

:ph34r:

Just now, VanPanna said:

Well that is the reason why he is out of the set up, its a very strange case.

It's ironic that a football federation or a coach (because it's still not known who's made the decision to emit him) can play judge and jury when he's still innocent.  I think it goes a bit deeper than that but that doesn't belong in this thread and it's more of a social issue in France in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He doesn't give a shit when playing for France and is always in a mood as things don't come as easily for France when compared to playing for Real Madrid. Giroud has played better for France than Benzema ever has and he actually links up well with the players around him.

Benzema is an overrated cunt of a footballer. :coffee:

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It's ironic that a football federation or a coach (because it's still not known who's made the decision to emit him) can play judge and jury when he's still innocent.  I think it goes a bit deeper than that but that doesn't belong in this thread and it's more of a social issue in France in my opinion.

France in general is one big social problem and their footballers, they will be a wasted generation.  Belgium has the same problem.

Just now, VanPanna said:

France in general is one big social problem and their footballers, they will be a wasted generation.  Belgium has the same problem.

The Dutch have gone through similar issues too...  Remember reading an article about a year and a half ago on that.  These social issues do exist in some places though and many don't know about this.  Benzema has been accused in the past of not showing passion for the Tricolour and looking blank when La Marseillaise is playing.  Maybe there are issues there but again it's down to the coach!  There have been other selection issues since Deschamps has been in charge...  Dodgy stuff!

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The Dutch have gone through similar issues too...  Remember reading an article about a year and a half ago on that.  These social issues do exist in some places though and many don't know about this.  Benzema has been accused in the past of not showing passion for the Tricolour and looking blank when La Marseillaise is playing.  Maybe there are issues there but again it's down to the coach!  There have been other selection issues since Deschamps has been in charge...  Dodgy stuff!

Yea the Dutch have always had their issues but for many factors, Like Seedorf not getting selective due to him wanting to play at number 10 but the coach kept on putting him on the wing,  Also Van Nistelrooy falling out with Van Basten, Van Bommel falling out with Van Basten also Hiddink incident with Edgar Davids in Euro 1996 and even way back to the 70's when apparently Michels apparently only picked players that got on well with Johan Cruyff, he didnt select the best Goal keeper as he and Johan Cruyff didnt get on.     France also have had many falling outs with players and national teams,  Ginola never got selected again for making a bad pass which lead to a goal and not qualifying for World Cup 1994. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived