talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Qualification (Europe) - Group A

6 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Yea the Dutch have always had their issues but for many factors, Like Seedorf not getting selective due to him wanting to play at number 10 but the coach kept on putting him on the wing,  Also Van Nistelrooy falling out with Van Basten, Van Bommel falling out with Van Basten also Hiddink incident with Edgar Davids in Euro 1996 and even way back to the 70's when apparently Michels apparently only picked players that got on well with Johan Cruyff, he didnt select the best Goal keeper as he and Johan Cruyff didnt get on.     France also have had many falling outs with players and national teams,  Ginola never got selected again for making a bad pass which lead to a goal and not qualifying for World Cup 1994. 

What about Domenech selecting players on their star signs and what he thought would be compatible using the horoscope! xD

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

France in general is one big social problem and their footballers, they will be a wasted generation.  Belgium has the same problem.

Fully agree. I can't see this France team winning anytime soon.

Match by match I'm lowering my expectations for them. Not sure where I'd rank them now. Behind Germany and Brazil for sure.

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What about Domenech selecting players on their star signs and what he thought would be compatible using the horoscope! xD

Domenech was a clown anyway he proposed to his girl friend on the pitch when he got knocked out of Euro 08 straight after the game xD

24 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Also it hasnt taken long now For Advocaat to argue with Ruud Gullit.   Advocaat said he will be having strong words with Gullit to stop filming and making videos for social media when he is the assistant manager. 

https://twitter.com/GullitR/status/904404024274948097

https://twitter.com/NOSsport/status/904424759538135041

12 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Also it hasnt taken long now For Advocaat to argue with Ruud Gullit.   Advocaat said he will be having strong words with Gullit to stop filming and making videos for social media when he is the assistant manager. 

https://twitter.com/GullitR/status/904404024274948097

https://twitter.com/NOSsport/status/904424759538135041

It's crazy and all of this does the total opposite to actually advancing things. 

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It's crazy and all of this does the total opposite to actually advancing things. 

yea, Advocaat is furious about it,  its true though why does Gullit need to do that, Holland are on the verge of not qualiying and he is making videos in the dressing room its stupid this social media, its the fact the Gullit owns his own social media platform so he is always making videos.

• Administrator

The team shape was so so wrong last night. The direct ball over the top to Giroud to Griezmann worked at the Euros. Trying to play through Luxembourg those guys and with Mbappe; it was Deschamps trying to fit in the new generation with the players he trusts. I wouldn't have started either Giroud or Griezmann. The midfield was wrong as well. No creativity from the Centre. It was just shit. 

2 hours ago, Batard said:

The team shape was so so wrong last night. The direct ball over the top to Giroud to Griezmann worked at the Euros. Trying to play through Luxembourg those guys and with Mbappe; it was Deschamps trying to fit in the new generation with the players he trusts. I wouldn't have started either Giroud or Griezmann. The midfield was wrong as well. No creativity from the Centre. It was just shit. 

They were playing Luxembourg even if Sanogo was upfront they should of won xD

2 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

They were playing Luxembourg even if Sanogo was upfront they should of won xD

Antoine Griezmann is not a player to play balls over the top if you want to get the best from him.  He can play that way because he's that good, but he'd rather be in a more mobile midfield interchanging passes.  That indeed is Deschamps fault because he's in charge of selection and how the team will play...  Giroud doesn't fit!  It was all confusing to be honest and I'm not surprised that's the way it translated onto the field.

As for the creativity in midfield...  That's the one thing missing from this "golden generation".  There is nobody at the highest level in France.

• Administrator

you'd think a player who cost £90m last summer or a player who's won 2 leagues with 2 different clubs would be able to create something against a team that's ranked 136th in the world...

1 minute ago, Stan said:

you'd think a player who cost £90m last summer or a player who's won 2 leagues with 2 different clubs would be able to create something against a team that's ranked 136th in the world...

There is no excuse for not beating Luxembourg.  Not for a team like France!  But they'll win more than they'll fail to win, that's the truth.

The lack of a world class playmaker for France is probably the reason why they rely more on the physical side of football.

Pogba is NOT a creative player and never has been.  He's an impact midfielder!

• Administrator

I get that. But if you cost that much and play in midfield and your role in a 2-man midfield is not to be the one doing the tackling and intercepting etc, you should be expecting to create for your team-mates or do something to help your team and do something for your attackers or wingers.

30 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Antoine Griezmann is not a player to play balls over the top if you want to get the best from him.  He can play that way because he's that good, but he'd rather be in a more mobile midfield interchanging passes.  That indeed is Deschamps fault because he's in charge of selection and how the team will play...  Giroud doesn't fit!  It was all confusing to be honest and I'm not surprised that's the way it translated onto the field.

As for the creativity in midfield...  That's the one thing missing from this "golden generation".  There is nobody at the highest level in France.

Yea I know but still the quality of players they should of at least scored there really is no excuse at all, 1 player of the french team costs more then the whole history of the Luxembourg national team.  Giroud and Griezmann played together in the Euros and they reached the final. 

32 minutes ago, Stan said:

Giroud was marked out of the game by someone who works in an Office full time xD

33 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Yea I know but still the quality of players they should of at least scored there really is no excuse at all, 1 player of the french team costs more then the whole history of the Luxembourg national team.  Giroud and Griezmann played together in the Euros and they reached the final. 

France reached the final off the back of Griezmann's football in my view mate. 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Fekir in a number 10 role is that player, but he's not going to be that player in a Deschamps system. Frustratingly.

• Administrator

latest table going in to October's round of games
grpa.PNG

6 points to play for and any of the top 4 can still either automatically qualify or be 2nd anf go in to a play-off. Looks likely that France will top the group though with remaining games against Bulgaria and Belarus.

25 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Another group set up for a pre-playoff playoff in the last game

I dont know how this qualification works if teams are level on points but I think it goes on Goal Difference rather than head to head, So Holland would have to hammer Belarus and Sweden to qualify depending what happens also with Sweden v Luxembourg. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived