talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Naby Keita to Join Liverpool from July 2018

3 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

As much as you have taken advantage of Barcelona, Southampton have publicly taken your pants down n royally spanked you for being very naughty former greats this past summer. In my humble opinion your new CH would struggle to make my top 10 CH's in our league, but there is no doubt, he could grow into a winner, but I am sure you will agree, the boy will need plenty of help. If you do not get a goalkeeper and at least two more defenders of note over this n the next window, I believe you will have missed your chance, as other clubs will get the players they need.

They paid £35 million for Oxlade-Chamberlain. 

By the way, Keita is a nice player. Good signing for Liverpool.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Harry said:

What position does he play in our formation? 

I honestly think he'd be wasted in the Hendo role. From what little I've seen it looks like he's best when he's free to run beyond people and dribble through the lines. Having your holding mid do that is asking for trouble.

Get a proper controlling midfielder and let Keita loose around the box, imo. 

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

I honestly think he'd be wasted in the Hendo role. From what little I've seen it looks like he's best when he's free to run beyond people and dribble through the lines. Having your holding mid do that is asking for trouble.

Get a proper controlling midfielder and let Keita loose around the box, imo. 

Obviously you're losing Can so that's one less player who can play defensively, but I think your midfield isn't going to have a holding midfielder and it's gearing towards (if not already there) a group of midfielders that can all win the ball back at any part of the pitch (preferably higher up) and immediately break into a counter attack as well as being able to sustain possession high up the pitch.

The first thing you notice about Chamberlain is that his high pressing and successes at winning the ball high up has probably been his best attribute in your new system, I imagine Keita will do the same but offer more. But definitely Henderson will be told to take a more defensive role than Keita because Henderson is a limited footballer in comparison.

11 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

And VVD might not come in YOUR top ten defenders, but he does in Conte’s (your manager) who has recently admitted that he tried to sign VVD alongside us. I’ll take Conte’s & Klopp’s judgment over yours thank you. 

Haha not for 75M ~ Nobody other than your mob rated him at that level.

We shall watch n see how he turns out ~ Hands up on my part, Salah is having a career season. Never saw that coming, who did? It's to be seen if his career season is going to be enough to improve you.

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

Haha not for 75M ~ Nobody other than your mob rated him at that level.

We shall watch n see how he turns out ~ Hands up on my part, Salah is having a career season. Never saw that coming, who did? It's to be seen if his career season is going to be enough to improve you.

To be honest, even if Salah has a drop, it won’t be much. The guys quality and he’s at the perfect age. He’ll be at Madrid within 2 years anyway, probably on the opposite flank to Hazard. 

2 hours ago, shut up said:

What? Chelsea, City, Leicester & United have all won the league in the past 5 years.

Past 5 years of Bundesliga?

• Bayern
  • Bayern
  • Bayern
  • Bayern
  • Bayern

Granted, the bundesliga is tediously one sided. No debating that. I’d argue that’s because Bayern Munich are an elite side, there’s not many of them about, Barcelona and Real Madrid have been, maybe PSG and Manc City now. The premiership hasn’t had an elite side for nearly a decade, as shown by their laughable attempts in the Champions League. We now see an elite side and they are pissing it like elite sides do in other leagues.

The premier league is definitely more competitive but the quality of champions over the past few years has been poor.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Granted, the bundesliga is tediously one sided. No debating that. I’d argue that’s because Bayern Munich are an elite side, there’s not many of them about, Barcelona and Real Madrid have been, maybe PSG and Manc City now. The premiership hasn’t had an elite side for nearly a decade, as shown by their laughable attempts in the Champions League. We now see an elite side and they are pissing it like elite sides do in other leagues.

The premier league is definitely more competitive but the quality of champions over the past few years has been poor.

Ironically almost the same length of time that it hasn't been called the Premiership :ph34r:

On 11/1/2018 at 11:54, Viva la FCB said:

Not at all right. Outside of Bayern the rest of league is quite competitive and this often flies under the radar of most occasional viewers. Bayern is just on another level, its not the leagues fault, its not Dortmund or Leverkusen's etc's fault. Until Guardiola spent £400k i would have been fairly confident we would have had no problem in your league too for what its worth.

Competitive does not equal a high standard I'm afraid.

The Peruvian league is 100 times more competitive than any league in Europe, yet I don't think anyone believes we're anything more than the worst league in South America.

The Bundesliga is utter shite. The German teams always get battered in Europe and Bayern hasn't reached a final since 2013.

Archived