talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Naby Keita to Join Liverpool from July 2018

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better than missing out next summer if he goes on to have a great season this season, especially if he does it in Europe too. Strange that we're having to wait until next summer though, but if that's the only way the deal could get done then fair enough. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Release clause kicks in!

Brilliant news! What a player and what a signing. We are gonna be absolute boss. 

Only concern is that we lose Coutinho and Can next summer. We'll need another signing in midfield on top of this if that happens. Hopefully there's something in these links to Lemar from Monaco.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Only concern is that we lose Coutinho and Can next summer. We'll need another signing in midfield on top of this if that happens. Hopefully there's something in these links to Lemar from Monaco.

Yeah, be gutted if we lose Can, especially on a free. If we can get him re-signed and flog Coutinho next summer for over £130m then I'd be happy with that. I'd obviously love to keep Coutinho to play alongside them but it's looking very unlikely. 

• Subscriber

Great signing, from what ive seen its exactly the type of player you need too. His release clause was somewhere in the €50m range if i remember right.

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Better than missing out next summer if he goes on to have a great season this season, especially if he does it in Europe too. Strange that we're having to wait until next summer though, but if that's the only way the deal could get done then fair enough. 

The whole issue was RB dug their feet in on any of their key players and said they arent for sale at any price. They where fully prepared to lose them this coming season when release clauses kicked in for Keita and rumoured Forsberg has one too (although unconfirmed)

43 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Kudos to everyone at club for this. He would've had big clubs fighting over him next season.

With bids in for Lemar and Sanches and Dijk interest reignited, I think surely Coutinho is off. Won't mind if we get these players, especially VVD.

I don't think there's anything in the Sanches rumours. Haven't seen anyone reliable even mention it.

As for Lemar, I think it's a case of (if we pull it off) getting him in and getting him used to the league and the team so he can step up and replace Coutinho if/when he goes next year.

• Subscriber

So apparently what happend was RB tried to extend Keita to no avail and rather then losing him for the release which kicks in this season they preemptively went to a handful of top clubs and offered them the chance to sign Keita on a pre contract and a higher selling fee then his release clause. Apparently Barcelona where involved and Pool where the first ones to agree. Its said it was in the negihbourhood of €70m. Basically by paying €20m more and you gurantee a signed contract instead of waiting and battling it out for his signature after the clause is active. 

I've never heard of this before maybe this is some new way to get around a release clause, this is very interesting to say the least. Apparently because of all this the deal has been in the works for several weeks, this saga makes alot more sense now.

Christian Heidel, Schalke director, was impressed with him last week.

"Everyone has seen that Leipzig are a top team, especially since they have a 12th player," he said. "Naby Keita plays for two, this boy is incomprehensible"

"I have rarely seen such a thing live. Even if we threw three players at him, he somehow managed to hold onto the ball."

• Administrator
On 29/08/2017 at 7:44 PM, Viva la FCB said:

So apparently what happend was RB tried to extend Keita to no avail and rather then losing him for the release which kicks in this season they preemptively went to a handful of top clubs and offered them the chance to sign Keita on a pre contract and a higher selling fee then his release clause. Apparently Barcelona where involved and Pool where the first ones to agree. Its said it was in the negihbourhood of €70m. Basically by paying €20m more and you gurantee a signed contract instead of waiting and battling it out for his signature after the clause is active. 

I've never heard of this before maybe this is some new way to get around a release clause, this is very interesting to say the least. Apparently because of all this the deal has been in the works for several weeks, this saga makes alot more sense now.

This happens ALOT in Germany, which may surprise you. It's somewhat unethical but I can see why clubs use it. 

Archived