talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Naby Keita to Join Liverpool from July 2018

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, shut up said:

He's playing in a tinpot german league. Podolski, Hernandez & Dzeko looked world class there.

I'm obviously exaggerating with my comments and nobody ever really knows how a player will develop and what their true ceiling really is, but he's looking good... really really good. 

Just now, shut up said:

He's probably the best CM in the bundesliga. Would walk into Bayern's IX.

Yeah, I've done a little research on him since it was announced we had signed him and that seems to be the general opinion of most German fans that see much more of him than I do. 

Really exciting signing and shows what strides we are making under Klopp because I'm positive we'd never attract a player of his calibre before him. 

If it really is for 48M as reported then it looks like a good deal by this seasons windows standards.... 

Might look like an obscenely good deal by the time next years window comes around when PSG pay 700M for Ascensio.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

If it really is for 48M as reported then it looks like a good deal by this seasons windows standards.... 

Might look like an obscenely good deal by the time next years window comes around when PSG pay 700M for Ascensio.

I think it was £48m with an extra back handed sweetener of around £10m to get the deal done.  

Fair enough. A record price for us whichever way we look at it but hopefully it pays off.

Am a little worried that he'll stay fit and not encounter any injuries this year given we pay the fee regardless. It would be a disaster if he had a major injury occur.

Will keep my eye out for RB Leipzig games on Tele. Hadn't thought of doing it but definitely have a vested interest to watch it now.

Just now, Harry said:

Fair enough. A record price for us whichever way we look at it but hopefully it pays off.

Am a little worried that he'll stay fit and not encounter any injuries this year given we pay the fee regardless. It would be a disaster if he had a major injury occur.

Will keep my eye out for RB Leipzig games on Tele. Hadn't thought of doing it but definitely have a vested interest to watch it now.

Yeah same. 

Oh and he limped off yesterday with a groin strain xD Nothing serious at all though apparently. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Reports that we are negotiating with RBL to bring Kieta in now rather than next summer. 

That would be very handy indeed. Strengthens our midfield for the second half of the season and would also give him 6 months to bed in so he can come out flying next season. 

Fingers crossed. 

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Reports that we are negotiating with RBL to bring Kieta in now rather than next summer. 

That would be very handy indeed. Strengthens our midfield for the second half of the season and would also give him 6 months to bed in so he can come out flying next season. 

Fingers crossed. 

Thought RBL came back with a no-hes-not-going-anywhere in early december and they weren't budging on it either. However, if the club is pushing for this I think its great.

Archived