talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Naby Keita to Join Liverpool from July 2018

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

For me it’s all about giving them a chance, a go!  But what the Premier Keague has turned into, that’s impossible mate.

Why is it us that should be giving youth a chance? I don’t hear this getting mentioned in the ‘Pep Guardiola is absolutely amazeballs’ thread?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

So why do you constantly moan about Chelsea not giving youth a chance? 

Because since Terry and now Christensen, we average one youth player breaking into the first team every 20 years. 

My last sentence was more of a pisstake. Out of those 3, only Chalobah should of gotten a premier league medal as he made contributions to the team. Loftus-Cheek and Aina did fuck all and still got one. 

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

The only thing you caught while fishing was a buzz.

He’s right though. The Premier League is a whole different kettle of fish to the Bundesliga. 

The German’s top league is a one horse race from start to finish. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He’s right though. The Premier League is a whole different kettle of fish to the Bundesliga. 

The German’s top league is a one horse race from start to finish. 

Not at all right. Outside of Bayern the rest of league is quite competitive and this often flies under the radar of most occasional viewers. Bayern is just on another level, its not the leagues fault, its not Dortmund or Leverkusen's etc's fault. Until Guardiola spent £400k i would have been fairly confident we would have had no problem in your league too for what its worth.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

So is the Premiership?

Well no not really. City, Chelsea, Leicester, United have all won the league  lately and Spurs and Liverpool have come close. 

The German League is all about who’s coming second. It’s won before it’s kicked off. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well no not really. City, Chelsea, Leicester, United have all won the league  lately and Spurs and Liverpool have come close. 

The German League is all about who’s coming second. It’s won before it’s kicked off. 

Yup. Even when Bayern gives certain clubs a head start, they still win the league. 

33 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Yup. Even when Bayern gives certain clubs a head start, they still win the league. 

They can even rest players (as well as the winter break) so that they can go all out for the Champions League. 

No such privileges in our country cocka! 

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Liverpool haven’t produced a good player in a generation. That Alexander Arnold could be an exception but given the amounts spent it’s appalling how badly Liverpool do. All the gear, no idea.

We’ve done as well as anyone else. Not brilliant but as good as anyone else. 

Ben Woodburn is a talent that will be a part of our future, then as you say there’s TAA. 

It’s ok slagging us off for not playing youngsters even though Klopp has played more than any other manager since he’s been in England. 

Where’s Pep’s graduates, Mourinho’s, Conte’s? 

Everton fo be fair have promoted a fair few young lads lately but look where they are! 

You can only promote and play youngsters if they are good enough. 

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Better academy than most.  Not perfect granted but Klopp has given a few youngsters a chance and a couple have made it into the first team squad as it stands. 

Who else out of Man U, City, Chelsea and even Arsenal and Spurs can say that lately? 

Well Arsenal give plenty of their reserves a chance as has been seen lately with our cup “success”. The issue is whether you call those players homegrown academy players. 

Don't know if I'd go so far as to say that players bought at 16-17 aren't academy products, but I'd certainly say that a boy from the club's city, who's been there for 10 years, is more of an academy product than a 16 year-old prodigy brought over from the continent who's spent the last 2 seasons developing at another club in Europe.

7 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

The thing is... does @The Liquidator think he’ll improve us? o.O

For the first time in this century I believe Liverpool have been given the opportunity to build an 11 which could not only compeat for the Pl, but also good enough to win it, without injuries.

You have taken advantage of an embarrassed football superpower to gain an obscene amount of money for a player who for my mind plays hot n cold and has NEVER been a player who would get you across the line to the land which has forgotten Liverpool Football Club. Champions.

When you add the current TV deal to this obscene Barcelona amount, plus a manager you all seem comfortable with and a universally understanding of whats needed to make that 11 winners, you have to say if you fuck it up now you will continue to be the laughing stock of English football.

As much as you have taken advantage of Barcelona, Southampton have publicly taken your pants down n royally spanked you for being very naughty former greats this past summer. In my humble opinion your new CH would struggle to make my top 10 CH's in our league, but there is no doubt, he could grow into a winner, but I am sure you will agree, the boy will need plenty of help. If you do not get a goalkeeper and at least two more defenders of note over this n the next window, I believe you will have missed your chance, as other clubs will get the players they need.

Personally, while I cant profess to be an expert on the thread title player, I am of the opinion he would not be a signing of note for you. Most of your mob are trying to convince us who dont allow bullshit to cover our eyes, the lose of Coutinio isnt as bad for the team as most would think. So why are you replacing like for like? As much as everyone is of the mind its defenders and a goalie you need, I am of the opinion its that bull of a center Midfielder who has a killer pass in him from all over the pitch which could be the last puzzle piece which elevates you to real contenders.

Anyway, it will be interesting how you manage to fuck it up....... Again! :ay:

13 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

For the first time in this century I believe Liverpool have been given the opportunity to build an 11 which could not only compeat for the Pl, but also good enough to win it, without injuries.

You have taken advantage of an embarrassed football superpower to gain an obscene amount of money for a player who for my mind plays hot n cold and has NEVER been a player who would get you across the line to the land which has forgotten Liverpool Football Club. Champions.

When you add the current TV deal to this obscene Barcelona amount, plus a manager you all seem comfortable with and a universally understanding of whats needed to make that 11 winners, you have to say if you fuck it up now you will continue to be the laughing stock of English football.

As much as you have taken advantage of Barcelona, Southampton have publicly taken your pants down n royally spanked you for being very naughty former greats this past summer. In my humble opinion your new CH would struggle to make my top 10 CH's in our league, but there is no doubt, he could grow into a winner, but I am sure you will agree, the boy will need plenty of help. If you do not get a goalkeeper and at least two more defenders of note over this n the next window, I believe you will have missed your chance, as other clubs will get the players they need.

Personally, while I cant profess to be an expert on the thread title player, I am of the opinion he would not be a signing of note for you. Most of your mob are trying to convince us who dont allow bullshit to cover our eyes, the lose of Coutinio isnt as bad for the team as most would think. So why are you replacing like for like? As much as everyone is of the mind its defenders and a goalie you need, I am of the opinion its that bull of a center Midfielder who has a killer pass in him from all over the pitch which could be the last puzzle piece which elevates you to real contenders.

Anyway, it will be interesting how you manage to fuck it up....... Again! :ay:

Kinell I only asked, dint need life story xD

Oh and Kieta is nothing like Coutinho, totally different type of players. Certainly not ‘like for like’ as you put it. 

And VVD might not come in YOUR top ten defenders, but he does in Conte’s (your manager) who has recently admitted that he tried to sign VVD alongside us. I’ll take Conte’s & Klopp’s judgment over yours thank you. 

Anyway....

:ay:

I like the look of Keita, good in tight spaces, can attack spaces in front of him well, uses his body well to fend off opposition players, has an eye for a pass and a goal, can win the ball high up the pitch and transition into a counter attack.

Klopp putting a team together in that vein will only make Liverpool better. I think next season they'll be title challengers.

Archived