talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Stoke Sign Kevin Wimmer

• Administrator

Levy's pulled Stoke's pants down here. 

£18m for a player they signed for less than a third of that a couple of seasons ago if memory serves me correctly.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
14 minutes ago, Storts said:

Very good player - will be excellent for Stoke. Never let us down and when he filled in for Vertonghen two seasons ago he was brilliant. Good luck to him.

aren't you short on central defenders now? I know you signed Sanchez, but in addition to him there's only Vertonghen and Alderweireld. 

And Dier as a makeshift/back-up CB. That's 4 in total but if you play 3 at the back and get a couple of injures, leaves you a bit light on CBs. 

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Stan said:

aren't you short on central defenders now? I know you signed Sanchez, but in addition to him there's only Vertonghen and Alderweireld. 

And Dier as a makeshift/back-up CB. That's 4 in total but if you play 3 at the back and get a couple of injures, leaves you a bit light on CBs. 

We are signing Juan Foyth from Estudiantes as well - young 19 year old highly promising CB.

So Sanchez and Foyth replacing Wimmer and CCV who went on loan to Sheffield united. Plus as you say Dier. Think 5 is plenty 

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Storts said:

We are signing Juan Foyth from Estudiantes as well - young 19 year old highly promising CB.

So Sanchez and Foyth replacing Wimmer and CCV who went on loan to Sheffield united. Plus as you say Dier. Think 5 is plenty 

fair enough, didn't know about the Foyth transfer. 5 would be enough then .

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

foyth is quality. 

I don't know too much about him, but like what I've watched on youtube etc (although hard to judge a player properly without seeing them)

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Stan said:

fair enough, didn't know about the Foyth transfer. 5 would be enough then .

Yeah it's surprisingly under the radar considering it's been going on for 3 months xD

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Considering the market at the moment, you wouldn't pay much less for a player like Wimmer currently.

You do know not slagging off either Stoke City or West Ham is against the fundamental principles that Stan and Cannabis have built this forum on, right?

A nice comment about Nottingham Forest now and you're practically asking for a written warning.

24 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

You do know not slagging off either Stoke City or West Ham is against the fundamental principles that Stan and Cannabis have built this forum on, right?

A nice comment about Nottingham Forest now and you're practically asking for a written warning.

At least we don't have 3 L's fam.....

Regardless Wimmer is a quality player that'd not even up for debate but I kind agree 18 mil for someone who was signed for 4.3 and has barely played seems stupid especially when we just got Martins Indi who is decent for only 7 mil... but it's how the market is now I guess. Between Shawcross, Martins Indi, Zouma and Wimmer I wonder who are the three starters?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

Regardless Wimmer is a quality player that'd not even up for debate but I kind agree 18 mil for someone who was signed for 4.3 and has barely played seems stupid especially when we just got Martins Indi who is decent for only 7 mil... but it's how the market is now I guess. Between Shawcross, Martins Indi, Zouma and Wimmer I wonder who are the three starters?

I'd still think it'd be the first 3. If anyone to be dropped, I'd guess Martins Indi. 

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'd still think it'd be the first 3. If anyone to be dropped, I'd guess Martins Indi. 

I think you're right but at the end of the day a team like Stoke doesn't pay 18 mil for a player to sit on the bench. He'll be starting eventually when Shawcross inevitably goes down like usual.

10 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

I'm not slagging you off at all and consider this a good signing just like I did with Jesé.

1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Everton and Leicester fans are in no position to dictate things around here mate B|

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Everton and Leicester fans are in no position to dictate things around here mate B|

at least us me and @Dan as Leicester fans get along with each other :ph34r: 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

We'll flush you before you flush us!

I don't actually think it's that bad a signing, considering we're supposed to be in for a left sided centre half I think we could've done a lot worse, and probably will if we don't sort the fuck out.

Archived