talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cheating in Football

football forum

i've search this entire subforums, and i didn't see any thread about cheating, so i made one .......

your top 3 worst cheating in football.

i'll go first in no particular order.

- Henry -  HandBall during their qualifiers against Ireland.   A player such as Henry doing cheating tactics like handling the ball as if it were a basketball game.

- Dani Alves play acting on UCL semis 2011 against Madrid.    I hate Pepe, but that play acting of Dani Alves was the worst, video shows no contact and yet he ( alves ) cried like a bitch and went out on a stretcher and after 5 minutes, went back to the pitch fresh as daisy.

- Maradona - Hand of God.   probably the most shameful of all.  No words can describe it. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Henry's handball is so ridiculous. The ball hit his hand in a matter where he couldn't have possibly moved it out of the way. Sure he celebrated the goal but it was not intentional in the slightest.

1. Hand of God

2. Rivaldo Dive

3. That Chilean bloke who used his opponents hand to hit his own face 

• Administrator

One of my favourites as the Newcastle fans will know - Steven Taylor pretending to have a serious injury when handballing vs Villa (?) to stop a goal being scored. 10/10 for effort to be fair. 

30 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Cut that out of his game to be fair, but my god he was one of the worst. 

Yeah he sure did reduce them, at the age of 30 though. People call Neymar a diver but he used to do that at the age of 22 or so and he almost stopped doing that. Same thing with Busquets picture posted above when he was really young and dont think I have seen him so any of those again later.  But with Suarez I agree, he is a diver but still think Ronaldo is the worst of them all, shows off his strong upper body every month by removing his shirt but falls flat on his face for every bare minimum contact and cries for penalties

and this is where we need VAR.     But using it during games is as what Buffon has said, taking the momentum off the game.    it's better that VAR will be used as evidence AFTER the game.   If the referee made a wrong decision or a player simulated a dive then a one match ban should be given or depends on the severity of the offense.   Referees should also be sanctioned.    Just like that super cheating in 2002 WC.   Korea VS Italy.   That was THE worst of refereeing in football.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, bozziovai said:

and this is where we need VAR.     But using it during games is as what Buffon has said, taking the momentum off the game.    it's better that VAR will be used as evidence AFTER the game.   If the referee made a wrong decision or a player simulated a dive then a one match ban should be given or depends on the severity of the offense.   Referees should also be sanctioned.    Just like that super cheating in 2002 WC.   Korea VS Italy.   That was THE worst of refereeing in football.

Problem with this is that things that happen in the game can influence the result. For example someone dives in the area, gets a penalty, scores and wins the game. 

If this is then seen after the game, result can't be changed and only has consequences on the player who dived, not the team that suffered from his diving (his opponents). 

VAR attempts to eradicate this and making the right decision in the game. 

Archived