talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Deadline Day Was Here!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming in I'd hope for a striker. We really need one and if we landed a decent one it would top a great summer for us. Centre half to play alongside Keane would be good but not likely now so cover would do. 

Going out I'd hope for half the squad. Just not good enough. Niasse, Joel, Lennon, Mirallas, McCarthy. 

Goalkeeper: Its an absolute disgrace that Wayne Hennessey is still our first choice Goalkeeper after 21 months of abject and dismal performances. He really wouldn't look out of place in the bottom half of The Championship. We've been linked with Vorm.

Sakho: Would be a massive boost to team morale if we can bring in somebody who was clearly a quality above everybody else in our team last season.

Attacking Left Midfielder: There's question marks over if Koliko and KaiKai are ready. On the right hand side we have Zaha, Townsend, Puncheon, Sako and Chungy. So there's a real imbalance. Townsend doesn't want to play on the left, Puncheon's game has slowed down, and Sako and Chungy aren't going to be any better on the left. There's talk of a swap deal with Townsend and Gray which would be fantastic for us but not for Townsend's representives wallets.

Striker: Benteke doesn't move as it is, but if his only competition is Connor Wickham who seems to be injured for life he's not going to be motivated to move. I don't think Vincent Jansen is better than Benteke but maybe having a similar striker with better movement vying for a starting place may bringing more out of Benteke.

Realistically and importantly:

RWB - Debuchy could be back-up for Bellerin but he hasn't played in ages and in reality we want to get rid of him before the window shuts. Should go in for Arda Turan who Barcelona want to get rid of.
DM - Only real one we have is Coquelin, Xhaka is definitely underrated as a player but he's not a DM, he's a deep lying playmaker. Needs a proper DM next to him. Should've gone in for Krychowiak but he's somehow joined West Brom.

If we sell Mustafi or Sanchez then we'll definitely need a CB and maybe a winger depending on the system we want to play. Could theoretically switch to 3-4-1-2 and play with Giroud & Lacazette upfront with Ozil behind which will probably work better than our attack has in our games so far this season.

Most likely we won't sign a proper DM or someone for RWB. We seem to be mainly linked with Seri but another box to box midfielder isn't what we really need.

• Administrator

Still think we need a defender and a right back. Not keen on Amartey being our cover for the latter. 

Ulloa needs to be sold along with Musa on his way to Hull reportedly. 

IF we sell Mahrez, we need to get another winger in cos we're then left with Gray and Albrighton and that is just not enough. Maybe we just need a winger any way. 

Drinkwater and Mendy look set to go which leaves central midfield a bit lightweight. 

I've not seen us linked with any players though which is unusual. 

Deadline Day Approaches - What Do You Need?

A 2nd option to Sky Sports News ~ A buffer zone from football friends sending texts of mis-information ~ Dark glasses to void the Yellow theme of Jim White & his bevy of voluptuous side kicks while repeating the same information from 2 in the afternoon till the close of the window.

There is nothing from BT and the BBC have football focus for the last 15 mins of the window, which means I am left with  BBC 5 Live for anything close to worthwhile coverage.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Deadline Day Approaches - What Do You Need?

A 2nd option to Sky Sports News ~ A buffer zone from football friends sending texts of mis-information ~ Dark glasses to void the Yellow theme of Jim White & his bevy of voluptuous side kicks while repeating the same information from 2 in the afternoon till the close of the window.

There is nothing from BT and the BBC have football focus for the last 15 mins of the window, which means I am left with  BBC 5 Live for anything close to worthwhile coverage.

Better off not listening to anything cos then you won't get your hopes up about anything or despair about something. Just let it all blow over xD

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Still think we need a defender and a right back. Not keen on Amartey being our cover for the latter. 

Ulloa needs to be sold along with Musa on his way to Hull reportedly. 

IF we sell Mahrez, we need to get another winger in cos we're then left with Gray and Albrighton and that is just not enough. Maybe we just need a winger any way. 

Drinkwater and Mendy look set to go which leaves central midfield a bit lightweight. 

I've not seen us linked with any players though which is unusual. 

I've given up on us signing another defender and it's baffling really, clearly we don't rate Gibson that much as surely he'll see Maguire getting into England's team and think that he'd have a chance of doing it himself.

If we sell Mahrez I think we're fucked. I'll be amazed if we pull in anyone close to his level this late on. Townsend isn't anywhere near his level. I'd go for someone like Jonathan Viera.

Drinkwater I actually think may stay after all. Chelsea's bid was nowhere near what we wanted. I think we hold the cards and will tell DD as such. If we manage to get someone lined up to replace him, then maybe he'll go, but I don't think we'd let him go now - will be a bit missed if we consider Iborra the replacement personally. Krychowiak seemed like the one but he's gone to West Brom.

Musa to Hull can only benefit us if he really does find his form there and comes back potentially useful to us, although he looks an absolutely shoddy footballer at times, maybe working with Slutskiy again will bring out the best in him.

Ulloa won't be going. He's just signed a new contract, to most people's bemusement. The bloke is finished at this level.

• Administrator

Forgot Leo signed a contract. I think I wanted to block that out of my mind subconsciously. 

Awkward if Drinkwater stays. Given his actions, his head won't be in it in really wanting to do well with us. Don't think we'll see the form that we know he's capable and that which we've seen before. Krychowiak I'd have been really happy with whether Drinkwater stayed or not. 

Jim White to have a fatal heart attack live on air would be great. Imagine no longer having to listen to him as he's frothing at the mouth and screaming down the camera because Southampton have paid £10m for a player no one has heard of. 

In all seriousness, this deadline day feels like it has the most 'big' moves happening during it than for many a year. 

Rumors Ox photographed in a Liverpool jersey at his medical this morning... Must not be far away. 

Not sure i understand this one tbh. No more assured of playing time at Liverpool than at arsenal. Unless Coutinho leaves today he'll be one among many in the attacking positions And down the order,  meanwhile the gaping hole in our defensive cover remains unfilled. And if arsenal cant sign cover themselves they will also be worse for wear... Although it seems to be the only place he's confirmed not to be going I'll still bet on Mahrez to Arsenal. Surely they will strengthen with Ox leaving and Mahrez whilst different could actually be a good fit.

• The title was changed to Deadline Day Is Here!

Archived