talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Deadline Day Was Here!

16 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Guardian saying Arsenal have withdrawn Lemar bid and Sanchez is staying...

Brave from Wenger knowing he will definitely leave on a free next season. I'm not sure walking away from £60m for a player who will be 29 in December and has only got a year left on his deal is the best idea. I see why he has done it, but I don't think it will be the right one, we'll see.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The news I'm actually hearing is that the deal is difficult to complete in time for deadline and for this Alexis stays. 

Cheers Guillem

LEMAR LATEST

Aiden McGee gives us an update on the Thomas Lemar situation...

"Arsenal still have not responded to the Alexis Sanchez offer [from Man City], that is because of the problems Arsenal are having signing their No 1 target Thomas Lemar.

"It could be a logistical problem. Lemar is on international duty tonight with France and manager Didier Deschamps has already said he doesn’t want his players disturbed. It begs the question: when would a medical take place?

"We also understand Liverpool have maintained an interest in Lemar, who may want to remain in the Champions League."

• Administrator

people go on about medicals but they're not actually a legal requirement. They could sign him and complete all the paperwork without a medical. Just a risk you want to take.

Having said that, Arsenal signed Kallstrom with a known back problem and was out for months and barely played so maybe they don't give a shit about them anyway xD 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

What the hell?... xD

Darren is realible and has shares in the club. I doubt he'd tweet this if it wasn't true, but who knows? Arsene is apparently in Paris though, some pictures of him were put online earlier. 

probably just wants to sign a rabbit tbh.

Apparently we were in Paris for Rabiot and there never was a 92m bid for Lemar....

Deadline Day must by massive for Sky. Put out information that may or may not be true about deals happening, take bets through Sky Bet, announce that they've broken down, rake in the money.

17 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

LEMAR LATEST

Aiden McGee gives us an update on the Thomas Lemar situation...

"Arsenal still have not responded to the Alexis Sanchez offer [from Man City], that is because of the problems Arsenal are having signing their No 1 target Thomas Lemar.

"It could be a logistical problem. Lemar is on international duty tonight with France and manager Didier Deschamps has already said he doesn’t want his players disturbed. It begs the question: when would a medical take place?

"We also understand Liverpool have maintained an interest in Lemar, who may want to remain in the Champions League."

Cheers Guillem! 

• Administrator
Just now, VanPanna said:

Wenger is in paris for the French v Netherlands game, he works for Canal +

those rabbits won't sell themselves though. i'm sure he can multitask.

• Subscriber

Classic absolutely boring deadline day with a mixture of deals that were always going to happen, squad players changing hands for over-inflated fees and Sky Sports trying to pretend the 3-4 actually notable transfers make it dramatic when actually they spend 95% of the day chatting shit with various guests like Steve Parish.

I actually hope we don't sign anyone now because signing Perez on loan in another Niasse/Valencia type deal will just awaken the sleeping pitchfork mob on Twitter who will find it as an excuse to kick off.

Archived