talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Deadline Day Was Here!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of those 4, the only one I can't understand turning down Chelsea is Llorente. The other 3 there's at least an articulable reason behind the choice. But either way he'd be a backup striker, why not do that at the club with a less strict wage structure and a better squad overall?

3 hours ago, Storts said:

Pleat said this one 5 Live earlier...

Someone suggested Barkley's agent could have wanted a piece of the £35m.

Pleat then said, very deliberately, "OR another club could have had a word in his agent's ear and said that we will match whatever Chelsea offer in January".

Pleat still works for us...

I don't know if he'd want to subtlety make an admission of Spurs breaking bosman rules. When it was rumoured Juve had just done the same to Can (and not by people on Juve's payroll), they very swiftly denied it. Because it's against the rules.

And I know he doesn't say Spurs did it, but we all know who the other interested club was. It'd be stupid of him to bring it under attention because if Everton suspect it might be true and gets some proof of it, it would not be good. And while I think Pleat says stupid things sometimes, I don't think Levy is the kind to keep a moron around too long.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't know if he'd want to subtlety make an admission of Spurs breaking bosman rules. When it was rumoured Juve had just done the same to Can (and not by people on Juve's payroll), they very swiftly denied it. Because it's against the rules.

And I know he doesn't say Spurs did it, but we all know who the other interested club was. It'd be stupid of him to bring it under attention because if Everton suspect it might be true and gets some proof of it, it would not be good. And while I think Pleat says stupid things sometimes, I don't think Levy is the kind to keep a moron around too long.

It's not the same though, because English clubs can't sign other players from English clubs on pre contracts in January. We'd still have to go through Everton. It's simply a case of telling him to wait and that we'd do a deal in January.

Pleat is also excellent, got a great football mind and has been working for us for a very long time. He's close with Levy. He knows exactly what he's doing

1 minute ago, Storts said:

It's not the same though, because English clubs can't sign other players from English clubs on pre contracts in January. We'd still have to go through Everton. It's simply a case of telling him to wait and that we'd do a deal in January.

Pleat is also excellent, got a great football mind and has been working for us for a very long time. He's close with Levy. He knows exactly what he's doing

I'm curious, why do you seem excited about signing Barkley? 

Every manager he's ever played under has tried and failed to get anything substantial out of him because basically, he's shite. 

As far as I see, Barkley would probably play in the early rounds of your cup games and make the odd flitting appearances in league games? 

One thing is for sure... He gets absolutely nowhere near your best 11. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Every manager he's ever played under has tried and failed to get anything substantial out of him because basically, he's shite. 

As far as I see, Barkley would probably play in the early rounds of your cup games and make the odd flitting appearances in league games? 

We need another player like him in the squad - he's gifted but doesn't seem to have much between the ears. But then neither did Walker and Poch managed to turn that around. I'd be interested to see Barkley with a proper manager and actually having a good team around him where he didn't feel like he had to do too much with it.

6 minutes ago, Storts said:

We need another player like him in the squad - he's gifted but doesn't seem to have much between the ears. But then neither did Walker and Poch managed to turn that around. I'd be interested to see Barkley with a proper manager and actually having a good team around him where he didn't feel like he had to do too much with it.

Are you saying Ronald isn't a proper manager xD

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I still love how Barkley's apparently shite (and I'm not arguing with that part) but Chamberlain has delivered less than Barkley in the last few seasons and in the other thread you're on about how Chamberlain is a good signing because the number of expected dribbles per game means he'll fit perfectly into Liverpool's system xD.

I've actually seen Ox play well, I've literally missed all of Barkley's good matches and only seen him play like dogshit. And you know when one player is playing so bad they stand out as the worst player on the pitch? That's him a lot of the time I've seen him.Tbh because of those dead eyes, I thought he was just profoundly stupid.

3 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Ozil subject to a bid from Barcelona, spanish deadline is tonight 

Now, if this is true, then we have the guarantee that Barcelona have totally lost it.  That would be the outright proof of being desperate. 

Alexis Sanchez signed a contract to join Manchester City yesterday. That is the claim of mainstream Chilean news outlet El Mercurio, who have published a story today that, if true, could have some serious ramifications.

They say City refuse to stay calm over the calamitous events of yesterday that saw Arsenal agree to sell Alexis to City in the morning, only to pull the plug when the expected replacement, Thomas Lemar, decided he didn’t want to join them.

But the extraordinary claim from El Mercurio is that Alexis had already signed a contract, which creates many more questions that are not yet answered by the Chilean publication. 

The story claims that Man City are ready to open a lawsuit against Arsenal on grounds of “non-fulfillment”, which could lead to a messy situation down the road.

It is already being reported that City will go again for Sanchez in January, with the player no longer motivated to play for Arsenal after what unfolded yesterday. It seems, though, that even before then there may be further developments in this saga

https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/09/01/from-chile-man-city-believe-alexis-sanchez-signed-a-contract-readying-lawsuit-against-arsenal/

What a mess, if Sanchez doesn't go to Spain today we will probably use this to get him on loan in Jan then free in the summer  ..reports coming out that Sanchez is refusing to return to Arsenal too

• Subscriber

Says it all though about Chelsea.

Ohhh look at us, the Board aren't backing Conte wah wah wah. You spent £180 million with a net spend of £74.5 million, should be winning the league again really

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

How are there reports he's refusing to return when he still has international duty?

That in itself says bull shit 

From Sanchez  ..see what happens when he calms down a bit, it is a world cup year so cant really get away with a 3 month golfing holiday, he might return on the condition they let him go after Christmas

Lemar's preference to join us ended up fucking both Arsenal and Citeh, so even though we didn't land him he's done us a favour.

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

How are there reports he's refusing to return when he still has international duty?

That in itself says bull shit 

Theoretically he could just not come back from international duty. Would be a cunty thing to do, obviously.

9 minutes ago, Storts said:

Says it all though about Chelsea.

Ohhh look at us, the Board aren't backing Conte wah wah wah. You spent £180 million with a net spend of £74.5 million, should be winning the league again really

Yet choosing to ignore we had a shit ton of players leaving with potentially having 150 million coming in and a net spend of only 34.5 million if you include the Costa deal to Atletico. 

Where the hell did Man City get 90 million? 

Archived