talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Deadline Day Was Here!

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Never heard anything like this in my life. Doubt it's true. 

He had a medical and signed a contract then Arsenal broke the agreement, you are looking at damages at least, we flew people out to him to get this sorted because Arsenal agreed to sell him

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Yet choosing to ignore we had a shit ton of players leaving with potentially having 150 million coming in and a net spend of only 34.5 million if you include the Costa deal to Atletico. 

Where the hell did Man City get 90 million? 

I'm not ignoring anything, I'm presenting the facts as they are. You haven't got that money yet so it isn't relevant. Also net spend doesn't mean much you still spent £180+ million on new players, the second most in the league. The excuse that Conte wasn't backed is absolute bollocks

I think the transfer fees this year are fucking grotesque.

Our net spend is fairly reasonable considering we made two very expensive signings (though in this market I think Salah's fee looks pretty decent, considering it's looking like he's making an already good front 3 even better). But if we'd signed VVD and Lemar, I'm pretty sure we'd be the biggest spenders this summer by a decent amount.

Feels good our side can flex it's financial muscle and that we look to be at a point where our top choice players actually want to come here. But again, I don't really like this insane money in football. These sums are fucking mental. 

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Did they accept any of your offers though or did you just secure personal terms in anticipation? 

From what I understand City don't have a leg to stand on, he's Arsenal's player until they agree to release him from his contract. 

Arsenal agreed a 60million fee and contracts was signed with Arsenal agreeing a sale, a big bill would of been run up with the people involved in this transfer and Sanchez and his people was robbed of a pay day too

29 minutes ago, Storts said:

I'm not ignoring anything, I'm presenting the facts as they are. You haven't got that money yet so it isn't relevant. Also net spend doesn't mean much you still spent £180+ million on new players, the second most in the league. The excuse that Conte wasn't backed is absolute bollocks

Spanish window closes tonight, and I'm presenting the fact that whether Costa leaves today or in January, he will not be playing another game for us. His valuation is at 40 million, to which Atletico have accepted. So yes, it's kind of relevant. Another player gone that needed to be replaced. 

Net spent doesn't mean much when you spend 180 million on players? Right, because we didn't just have 11 players leave at ridiculously low prices for today's market standards, whilst bringing in only 6. And we still managed the largest amount received. Taking that into consideration with League title win and new Sponsorship profits,  your last statement is deliberate ignorance with all said in mind. The books are balanced. 

21 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Out of those 4, the only one I can't understand turning down Chelsea is Llorente. The other 3 there's at least an articulable reason behind the choice. But either way he'd be a backup striker, why not do that at the club with a less strict wage structure and a better squad overall?

Because apparently Chelsea never submitted a bid that Swansea accepted so he couldn't really reject.

10 hours ago, Spike said:

I think it is now official that Tottenham > Arsenal. 

I agree. Right now absolutely and you'd bank on this being consistently the case over the next 5 years at least based on the way things stand. 

Based on the way spurs are run it seems quite sustainable where they have wound up. 

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

It was Sanchez's wife who apparently persuaded him to join Arsenal over us. 

Bet he never listens to a fucking word she says again xD

Yeah after missing out on the string of trophies Liverpool have won in the last few years?

If it was instead of City or Chelsea then okay but Sanchez has done better for himself at Arsenal than he would have done at Liverpool in the same time span. Arsenal being a shambles now doesn't change the last three years.

54 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah after missing out on the string of trophies Liverpool have won in the last few years?

If it was instead of City or Chelsea then okay but Sanchez has done better for himself at Arsenal than he would have done at Liverpool in the same time span. Arsenal being a shambles now doesn't change the last three years.

Not necessarily mate. Your comparing arsenal with Sanchez to Liverpool without. Who knows how different our position would be now if he'd joined when Suarez left.... entirely possible BR would still be in the job and that miserable champions league campaign of 14/15 could have gone differently. 

Archived