talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Deadline Day Was Here!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very small part of me was delighted when it came out Barkley had agreed terms, had a medical but decided against it. I had images in my head of him signing a new deal. 

Deep down though, he's running down his contract and leaving on a free, where he will get a massive signing on fee, like mentioned previously. 

• Administrator
Just now, Storts said:

Told you, he's desperate to come to Spurs. Will happen in Jan

why would you go all the way to Chelsea after agreeing terms etc if he wanted to move to Spurs? Like, I know he still left the medical but he was so close to actually signing for Chelsea?

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

why would you go all the way to Chelsea after agreeing terms etc if he wanted to move to Spurs? Like, I know he still left the medical but he was so close to actually signing for Chelsea?

I said that would happen earlier if you read back...he'd get desperate when we said we weren't signing him now cause of his injury and may end up at Chelsea, but deep down he didn't want to be there. 

• Subscriber

Pleat said this one 5 Live earlier...

Someone suggested Barkley's agent could have wanted a piece of the £35m.

Pleat then said, very deliberately, "OR another club could have had a word in his agent's ear and said that we will match whatever Chelsea offer in January".

Pleat still works for us...

• Subscriber
Just now, Cannabis said:

Shame that he's so set on Spurs and they don't even want him.

We do, just don't see the point in paying £35 million for a player that's injured and probably wouldn't contribute much before January. 

If I were a Toffee I'd be even more livid with this Barkley berk. So they cunt whinges and moans to leave, gets a new contract, then takes a medical at another club only to change his mind? This bloke is a mong.

• Subscriber
Just now, Spike said:

If I were a Toffee I'd be even more livid with this Barkley berk. So they cunt whinges and moans to leave, gets a new contract, then takes a medical at another club only to change his mind? This bloke is a mong.

Absolute hero in my eyes.

This has been a wonderful day, snatched Llorente from under Chelsea's nose and then got Barkley to pull out of a move to Chelsea at the last minute. xD

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

This has been a wonderful day, snatched Llorente from under Chelsea's nose and then got Barkley to pull out of a move to Chelsea at the last minute. xD

Hope Llorente brings the title at Wembley mate :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Well, if you like him I suppose but I'm looking at it more pragmatically. Imagine if a player was fucking Spurs like that...well I suppose it will happen in six months with Aurier anyway. so you won't have to imagine.

Llorente is a little more upsetting but the Chelsea board are fucking tight and if the transfer isn't on their terms it is always a no. 

• Administrator
Just now, Aaroncpfc said:

They're both at the training ground now to complete deals.

fair enough. they went to Michael Bridge and he didn't mention Niasse at all xD 

6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Choosing Spurs over Chelsea is a shocking lack of ambition.

Chances of playing for spurs is way higher tbf 

I'm very fucking let down today, I wasn't that arsed about Lemar or Sanchez, the one I really wanted was VVD...we have fucked up by not bringing in cover for the CB spot. Fucking Lovren is now a guaranteed starter for the season, best pull his socks up.

Archived