talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Spurs Sign Aurier From PSG

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Stan said:

Replacement for Kyle Walker. Better than Trippier. Probably better than Walker as well to be honest.

Good signing for Spurs.

I agree, in my opinion Aurier is better than Walker. If not for some off the field issues, Aurier would have already consolidated himself as one of the best RBs in the world. He's that good, a world-class talent but he needs to mature. Hopefully a move to a different country is the spark he needs to get his act together. 

9 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

I agree, in my opinion Aurier is better than Walker. If not for some off the field issues, Aurier would have already consolidated himself as one of the best RBs in the world. He's that good, a world-class talent but he needs to mature. Hopefully a move to a different country is the spark he needs to get his act together. 

Aurier is off his head...  He's not normal!

As for him being better than Walker...  That's very subjective mate.  On what analysis does he come out the better player?

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Aurier is off his head...  He's not normal!

As for him being better than Walker...  That's very subjective mate.  On what analysis does he come out the better player?

At his best, Aurier is a complete full-back. He defends well and is an offensive threat. He crosses well, has some dribbling ability and combines very well with his teammates on the wing. I truly believe he's got the talent to be one of the best in the world. It's up to him. 

3 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

At his best, Aurier is a complete full-back. He defends well and is an offensive threat. He crosses well, has some dribbling ability and combines very well with his teammates on the wing. I truly believe he's got the talent to be one of the best in the world. It's up to him. 

I've watched his football mate and also followed his childish tantrums.  But what has his accomplishments in Ligue1 got to do with what Walker has achieved in the Premier League by comparison?

I say this because when Arsenal were connected with Aurier I was wishing it didn't come to fruition.  I was hoping someone else outside Ligue1 would give him a go first so as to see what he can do.  I just don't see how a calculation on his worth can be made from what he's done in France.  Remember that at the club he plays at he's been ostracised and that has also added to the thinking that he should never be a sure bet.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I've watched his football mate and also followed his childish tantrums.  But what has his accomplishments in Ligue1 got to do with what Walker has achieved in the Premier League by comparison?

I say this because when Arsenal were connected with Aurier I was wishing it didn't come to fruition.  I was hoping someone else outside Ligue1 would give him a go first so as to see what he can do.  I just don't see how a calculation on his worth can be made from what he's done in France.  Remember that at the club he plays at he's been ostracised and that has also added to the thinking that he should never be a sure bet.

Like you've said, it's subjective but yes, in my opinion Aurier is a better player. You can learn a lot about a player's ability by just playing attention to how he controls a ball and passes it. Aurier's first touch, passing technique and physical strenght are exceptional at his position. Full-backs is the position of football where talent is the most difficult to find, that's why I'd give him a chance. His talent is just too great to pass.Spurs did really well here.

Just now, El_Loco said:

Like you've said, it's subjective but yes, in my opinion Aurier is a better player. You can learn a lot about a player's ability by just playing attention to how he controls a ball and passes it. Aurier's first touch, passing technique and physical strenght are exceptional at his position. Full-backs is the position of football where talent is the most difficult to find, that's why I'd give him a chance. His talent is just too great to pass.Spurs did really well here.

So why wasn't he a starter at PSG?

We had Anelka who was completely off his skull and thought everyone saw him as a canine.  It's no surprise that even though Wenger has lost his mind over the years, even he didn't go all in for him when he was there to be had.

6 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

He was an undisputed starter until he decided to open his big mouth on Periscope and publicly criticize his coach and teammates. 😂 Things were never the same again for him at PSG.

Well let's see what happens then mate...  Spurs aren't a club that can hold onto their main stars if they really make themselves heard...  Even less so now that they've gone into their new stadium project.  Let's see if he lives upto the billing...  What's for sure is that I'm happy it's not Arsenal even with the ridiculous amount of problems we have.

I think the departure of Aurier has a lot to do with the return of Luis Fernández to the club coupled with Maxwell's new position...  Both of them are real football people (one is an outright football legend) which shows in the action the club have taken.  No way would PSG in their present state of affairs would they be selling someone that is destined to be great.  Take that last part as fact!

17 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Well let's see what happens then mate...  Spurs aren't a club that can hold onto their main stars if they really make themselves heard...  Even less so now that they've gone into their new stadium project.  Let's see if he lives upto the billing...  What's for sure is that I'm happy it's not Arsenal even with the ridiculous amount of problems we have.

PSG is also dysfunctional to some extent, especially during the Blanc era. It was clear that the board didn´t fully trust him and in such situations, players tend to cause trouble. Perhaps out of his comfort zone and under a better organized club, Aurier will behave well. 

Al-Khelaifi tends to spoil players, he´s just too friendly to them and this undermines the discipline and the coach´s authority. 

13 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

PSG is also dysfunctional to some extent, especially during the Blanc era. It was clear that the board didn´t fully trust him and in such situations, players tend to cause trouble. Perhaps out of his comfort zone and under a better organized club, Aurier will behave well. 

Al-Khelaifi tends to spoil players, he´s just too friendly to them and this undermines the discipline and the coach´s authority. 

I'd be wary of the way an Arab like Al-Khelaifi is friendly to me. It tends to be financially because anything else that could make any sort of newsworthy effect is dodgy.

There's no defence... Plenty of players have come and gone through the Arab regime without too many issues. This is down to him. Let's see what happens here. 

Archived