talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Oxlade-Chamberlain Completes Liverpool Move

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain wants to leave Arsenal at the end of the season, according to newspaper reports. He has not yet fulfilled his potential at the Emirates Stadium, but would the Gunners regret letting him go?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15118/10800501/would-arsenal-regret-letting-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-go

What is best for his career? Where could he/should he go? 

• The title was changed to Alex Oxlaide-Chamberlain's Future
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ox should stay at Arsenal if a new coach comes because he has a top future.  Even though this season has been terrible, he has actually been the bright spot and in central midfield (if he has protection from other midfielders) he looks to be very good indeed.

With his first touch, movement and general ball play I think his future lies in central midfield. If I was an Arsenal I'd be concerned if he went Manchester City as I reckon Pep would turn him in to a fine central midfielder.

I think we will see more wide players at big clubs turn in to central midfielders as they hit there mid to late teen years and they lose a bit of their raw pace. I imagine those of the more 'tank' build will become wing backs like Victor Moses. It's just the way and the demands of the modern game.

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, 6666 said:

We'll exercise our buy back clause for Gnabry if Chamberlain leaves.

This would be the first ive heard of such a clause, any source? there was word of a release clause if thats what your referring too. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

This would be the first ive heard of such a clause, any source? there was word of a release clause if thats what your referring too. 

That's what he must be referring to, the 8 million Euro release clause which was reported by media a while ago. 

I'd let him go if he asks for too much. Done fuck all until his recent spell and although he has been great I'd be weary, we can't have our pants pulled down. I think him and Wilshere will get big contracts though, especially if Ozil & Sanchez leave. I can see the club panicking and offering Jack and the Ox whatever they want.

34 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I'd let him go if he asks for too much. Done fuck all until his recent spell and although he has been great I'd be weary, we can't have our pants pulled down. I think him and Wilshere will get big contracts though, especially if Ozil & Sanchez leave. I can see the club panicking and offering Jack and the Ox whatever they want.

So if those two players (Alexis and Özil) leave and Wilshere and Ox ask for too much, you're in effect waiting for Arsenal to invest heavily on four replacements?

Mate... That's not going to occur. 

2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Was just a tongue in cheek comment. xD

He made the right decision to refuse a new contract with us, was behind a few players so wouldn't have got much playing time. His injuries and terrible loan spell with West Brom who didn't use him put him in a difficult situation. Happy he's doing well now, always knew he'd show his quality when given the chance.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Was just a tongue in cheek comment. xD

He made the right decision to refuse a new contract with us, was behind a few players so wouldn't have got much playing time. His injuries and terrible loan spell with West Brom who didn't use him put him in a difficult situation. Happy he's doing well now, always knew he'd show his quality when given the chance.

Ah gotcha. Yeah given the situation it would have been very strange to put in such a clause. I hope he can stay at Werder for at least another year and keep going the way he is but im afraid with a release clause like that (as nudge mentions) he probably wont be. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ah gotcha. Yeah given the situation it would have been very strange to put in such a clause. I hope he can stay at Werder for at least another year and keep going the way he is but im afraid with a release clause like that (as nudge mentions) he probably wont be. 

He and his father both indicated his willingness to stay at Werder for the time being, I think they realise that a move to a bigger club might still be a bit too early. But I have no hopes of holding him at the club for longer than one more season...

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wouldn't mind him with us tbh.

I'd take him too. The guy tracks and busts a lung to get around the pitch. He's the kind of player that Klopp can use very effectively.

13 hours ago, SirBalon said:

So if those two players (Alexis and Özil) leave and Wilshere and Ox ask for too much, you're in effect waiting for Arsenal to invest heavily on four replacements?

Mate... That's not going to occur. 

I'd personally retain one or the other. I think Jack may be quite happy to take a similar amount to what he's already on, I mean he is already on 80k p/w. The Ox has been playing himself into a monster deal which I can see ultimately back-firing.

• 5 months later...
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Left bench suits him.

And when Keita arrives, reckon Ox will do an ever better job at right bench. 

I think Klopp will find a place for him in the squad with rotation and time. I wouldn't imagine he's going to make first team on a regular basis with the way they are working right now but his place isn't going to be the bench as most ppl suggest. Just wait till around the Jan - Feb time you'll see more of the Ox than you want to with all the injuries we'll have.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

I think Klopp will find a place for him in the squad with rotation and time. I wouldn't imagine he's going to make first team on a regular basis with the way they are working right now but his place isn't going to be the bench as most ppl suggest. Just wait till around the Jan - Feb time you'll see more of the Ox than you want to with all the injuries we'll have.

Yeah I agree with this. He's not a guaranteed starter but I think he's a capable squad player whether it be in the centre or out wide. Certainly preferable to pushing Firmino or Lallana out wide (these two need to play in the centre for me) if Mane or Salah aren't available.

Archived