talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Where Would England Finish If They Were A Premier League Team?

Where Would England Finish If They Were A Premier League Team?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Where Would England Finish If They Were A Premier League Team?

• Champions
    • Top 4
    • Europa League spot
    • Mid table
    • Relegation dog fight
    • Relegated

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Players would be cloned like dolly the sheep

I was going to ask this like it'd be a computer game xD

I think mid table (based on last night's showing anyway). 

Quality would obviously be there but its the way they're set up. I'm not entirely convinced 4 2 3 1 works against a side like Malta where there's pretty much the whole team behind the ball. You really don't need 2 defensive midfielders. If Kane had better service as well, he'd perhaps flourish. 

Think it was Wright who said that the wingers kept cutting in and that restricted Alli's space in the middle because there were more Maltese players around the ball to crowd him out. So much harder to find space when AOC cut in and drifted in towards the central role. 

Against the top sides they'd get much more space as they attack more but that would mean the full backs wouldn't have that much room to express themselves going forward. 

The overall squad strength is quite low though I think. 

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Ryan Giggs compares Rashford to Henry:

He can definitely play out wide, but eventually he’s going to be a No 9,” he added.

“I see similarities with Thierry Henry myself, he’s brilliant off the left. 

“Even if he’s playing centre-forward, he drifts off to the left where you can take players on either side. 

“But then, if he’s not played centre-forward a lot and all of a sudden Kane gets injured and you ask him to play up front, he can do it.”

by far the best english player. he can score or set-up Kane with brilliant assists. 

He is a proper talent like. 

Bastards :|

Should be a rule where ex-United players are forbidden to rate current United players, as they just sound like complete and utter retards. 

Still remember the game before Bayern Munich in 2015, both Phil Neville and Savage were defending their claim that Ronaldo was better than Messi against LIneker. Sprouting bull shit how Ronaldo was a better free kick taker, to which Lineker countered that over the past couple years Messi has made 8 or 9 free kicks compared to Ronaldo's 2. Then they tried to redirect the argument and say that Ronaldo is better with both feet. An hour later, Messi chips Neuer with his right. 

I think Europa League. We've got the likes of Kane, Sturridge, Vardy and Alli (putting him in the forwards category) yes. You would say that our strikers are generally the best strikers at their clubs (maybe not so for Sturridge) and either the best in the league or up there, and you could make an argument for the defenders as well. Walker and Rose, Clyne and Bertand, Cahill, Smalling. Stones isn't that bad. Not a world class defence like we've had but a good back four.

But our midfield is probably the only area of the pitch where we don't have that same level of quality. I mean for a start we played Jake Livermore, now surely there must be midfielders out there better than Livermore? No idea how he's in the team. Henderson is Liverpool's captain but he's not a world beater, best midfielder there is Coutinho even if he is more attacking than Henderson. We then had Oxlade-Chamberlain play against Malta last night.

Go back to Scotland and France; Livermore, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sterling, even Lallana isn't that great. And of course we don't have a keeper who is above midtable standard.

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Rashford is somewhere inbetween Thierry Henry and Sammy Ameobi 

In terms of playing ability or in terms of how black he is?

I always find it funny when people compare a black player to another black play simply for the reason that they're both black. "Romelu Lukaku could be Mourinho's Drogba, he has all the attributes"....ha yeah right, both are big and both are black but one is clumsy and not the most skillful player and the other is a more technical forward even if he used his physical presence.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Danny said:

In terms of playing ability or in terms of how black he is?

I always find it funny when people compare a black player to another black play simply for the reason that they're both black. "Romelu Lukaku could be Mourinho's Drogba, he has all the attributes"....ha yeah right, both are big and both are black but one is clumsy and not the most skillful player and the other is a more technical forward even if he used his physical presence.

i really don't think that's the reason they're compared to each other.

don't make it in to something it isn't xD 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

i really don't think that's the reason they're compared to each other.

don't make it in to something it isn't xD 

It is though ain't it, Marcus Rashford is Thierry Henry because he's black. I'm not saying anyone's racist, just making an observation. You'll never see a white player compared to Drogba or Henry. It's just funny, the only similarity Lukaku has as a player to Drogba is both are physical and both are black and both played under Mourinho. The only similarity Rashford has to Henry is that he's black and a bit skillful xD You'd say Rashford is probably more similar to a Michael Owen and he'd probably be compared to him if he was white, so it goes both ways, it's just funny.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why the Fuck would anyone think it's the colour of their skin that is making them comparable? xD

Jesus Christ Danny you don't half come out with some shite sometimes. 

I think he has a point there and it does happen...  People don't do it on purpose and it's a natural automatism of the thought process.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I think he has a point there and it does happen...  People don't do it on purpose and it's a natural automatism of the thought process.

Well those people are stupid then. Seriously, I really don't think people compared Rashford to Henry because they are both black. 

Saying that, thinking about it, I sort of get your point (and Danny's) that it may be an accidental thing and not a purposeful one. Sort of a wierd brain thought process. 

Certainly not an intentional one though. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well those people are stupid then. Seriously, I really don't think people compared Rashford to Henry because they are both black. 

An automatism isn't a mark of stupidity mate...  It's natural and it comes from conditioning.

I see what @Danny is saying there too. I really don't think that's what Giggs was thinking with that comparison but people do that more than you'd believe.

I think just outside Europa League for England. Yes we are awful, but in a league environment, the team is still fairly solid although not thoroughly entertaining. Outrun by the bigger sides in midfield for sure, but the likes of West Brom, Southampton, West Ham etc we would nick those games.

Could see us fighting with Everton for 7th and 8th respectively.

24 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why the Fuck would anyone think it's the colour of their skin that is making them comparable? xD

Jesus Christ Danny you don't half come out with some shite sometimes. 

Well it's subconscious isn't it. I'm not saying they run around with pillow cases on their head, it's just comical than anything. Rashford is nothing like Henry and Lukaku really isn't like Drogba either, but they will be naturally grouped in peoples minds from size to skin colour before football ability and style comes into it.

And it's more noticeable with black people because they are a minority, so people have a smaller pool of players to choose to use as a comparison for. Like I'm sure there will be a Pogba/Viera comparison at some point too if there hasn't already.

Its true  people do get compared to players because of colour. Happens in Holland all the time as well if there is a good black defensive player they are always compared to the next Rijkaard  and white attacking players get compared to Bergkamp and black compared to Gullit.

9 minutes ago, Danny said:

Well it's subconscious isn't it. I'm not saying they run around with pillow cases on their head, it's just comical than anything. Rashford is nothing like Henry and Lukaku really isn't like Drogba either, but they will be naturally grouped in peoples minds from size to skin colour before football ability and style comes into it.

And it's more noticeable with black people because they are a minority, so people have a smaller pool of players to choose to use as a comparison for. Like I'm sure there will be a Pogba/Viera comparison at some point too if there hasn't already.

Edited my post on reflection mate. 

Archived