talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wenger Wants Financial Fair Play Scrapped

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Are you talking about the contract or the registration is owned by the NHL?  (I ask because I'm not clued up on US sports)

Because if it's the registration (which is very different but still extremely important), then each respective European football federation owns player registrations also.  With this comes defending clubs interests on players that come in and out of the league by the respective FA.

I believe the actual contract is owned by the NHL and has to be registered to a franchise. I beleive that is how contracts are able to be freely traded between teams without amendments. I beleive that is also why there are no inter-league trades, only free agent signings.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no perfect solution but before sponsorship (before the 1980's got going) or before TV revenues (before the Premier League got going) great teams lasted the cycle of their team ONLY. Now just having enough money to ensure you have the best individuals is enough to keep topping up your wikipedia honours list entries every couple of years at least. No need for any real passion, heart, history or identity.

• 1 year later...

Due to the rumours emanating from France that Wenger could be about to become Nasser Al-Khelaïfi's right-hand man at PSG, I started canvassing quickly through some of the past threads and this one sticks out like a sore thumb.  I'm sure that with a little patience on Google and evolving key words we could get even further in all of this.

How any Arsenal fan could've defended what this man became and which was pretty obvious just shows how blind some fans are.

Obviously, this, if the rumours on Wenger taking that position at Paris Saint-Germain are true.

What an Escariot...!!! A total Wormtongue!

Archived