talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Travelling

football forum

So I'm currently in a hostel in Kuala Lumpur and it's around 11 hours until I have to set off for Australia.

KL has been amazing, it's my third time here. The first time was my first time in Asia and travelling, was massively jetlagged and constantly hungover so whilst it was an experience, I wasn't too fond of KL. Second time I had tonsillitis so spent three days ill in bed.

This time I've come with the missus which has been a first and stayed for 4 days instead of three. I've been to Bukit Bintang, the entertainment centre of KL. Been inside a gigantic shopping centre called Berjaya Times Square which has around 8 floors worth shops, is 7.5m sqft and even has a theme park and roller coaster inside! I've been to the Hindu temples that are houses inside the Batu Caves, giant caves made from limestone which outside it has a giant golden statue outside which is the tallest statue in Malaysia, of Lord Murugan a Hindu deity, the Hindu god of war. Alongside that were groups of monkeys roaming around, chasing each other, jumping on people, stealing food and drink from people.

After that I went up the KL Sky Tower, the Menara, before heading back to Bukit Bintang at night to taste some street food from the areas famous night food market, Jalal Alore.

It's fair to say this time around I've a new appreciation from Kuala Lumpur and would recommend it to anyone. Next up Sydney!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holiday/Travelling, could be defined differently.

I, for example, will be TRAVELLING at the end of my contract later this month. I'll go on a road trip through many towns around Japan.

Really want to check out a few of the famous castles that I haven't got to yet including, Himeji-jo.

4 hours ago, Anton said:

Holiday/Travelling, could be defined differently.

I, for example, will be TRAVELLING at the end of my contract later this month. I'll go on a road trip through many towns around Japan.

Really want to check out a few of the famous castles that I haven't got to yet including, Himeji-jo.

I had a cheese toasted tart today, oh my god. Fucking delightful 

7 hours ago, Danny said:

So I'm currently in a hostel in Kuala Lumpur and it's around 11 hours until I have to set off for Australia.

KL has been amazing, it's my third time here. The first time was my first time in Asia and travelling, was massively jetlagged and constantly hungover so whilst it was an experience, I wasn't too fond of KL. Second time I had tonsillitis so spent three days ill in bed.

This time I've come with the missus which has been a first and stayed for 4 days instead of three. I've been to Bukit Bintang, the entertainment centre of KL. Been inside a gigantic shopping centre called Berjaya Times Square which has around 8 floors worth shops, is 7.5m sqft and even has a theme park and roller coaster inside! I've been to the Hindu temples that are houses inside the Batu Caves, giant caves made from limestone which outside it has a giant golden statue outside which is the tallest statue in Malaysia, of Lord Murugan a Hindu deity, the Hindu god of war. Alongside that were groups of monkeys roaming around, chasing each other, jumping on people, stealing food and drink from people.

After that I went up the KL Sky Tower, the Menara, before heading back to Bukit Bintang at night to taste some street food from the areas famous night food market, Jalal Alore.

It's fair to say this time around I've a new appreciation from Kuala Lumpur and would recommend it to anyone. Next up Sydney!

If you happen to go to Malaysia again, visit Penang, which is about 4 hours drive / 1 hour flight up north. The street food there is at least 10X better than KL and cheaper.

6 hours ago, Danny said:

A. Didn't see it.

B. Would definitely say the two are different things with different mindsets.

A. Open your eyes.

B. I'll travel my knife from your gullet to your nipples.

Im planning to do a train travel in the US and cover few major cities along the way, the total time could be around 12-14 days. Planning to do that this summer and do lots of reading while im on those trains. Hopefully I can do it without fail this year.

• 4 weeks later...

So went for a pizza with the missus tonight, sat at McMahon's Point in Northern Sydney and then got the ferry back to the otherside.

IMG_2950.JPG

IMG_2958.JPG

IMG_2959.JPG

I almost forgot the the picture of the view whilst eating...

IMG_2923.JPG

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

He just doesn't learn does he? One more floppy upside down photo and its insta-ban time.

other kinds of floppy are also insta-ban

• 3 months later...
On 3/12/2017 at 1:47 PM, Asura said:

Im planning to do a train travel in the US and cover few major cities along the way, the total time could be around 12-14 days. Planning to do that this summer and do lots of reading while im on those trains. Hopefully I can do it without fail this year.

Bumping this up. 

I couldnt get a chance to plan the complete trip I wanted to take but im still doing a part of it this week. Will be travelling to LA from Dallas in train which is about 40 hours and then from there I will be taking another train 4 days later to san francisco which will be about 10 hours, so stoked for this whole thing. :banana:

1 hour ago, Asura said:

Bumping this up. 

I couldnt get a chance to plan the complete trip I wanted to take but im still doing a part of it this week. Will be travelling to LA from Dallas in train which is about 40 hours and then from there I will be taking another train 4 days later to san francisco which will be about 10 hours, so stoked for this whole thing. :banana:

How much is it costing you roughly? Would love to do an American tour 

11 minutes ago, Danny said:

How much is it costing you roughly? Would love to do an American tour 

The ticket from Dallas to LA is $300 for just the seat, a room costs about 2.5 times of that. I booked my ticket just a week before so all the rooms were sold out and the seats are expensive but if you plan atleast 3-4 weeks before then you could get the same ticket for around $150, so you save 50% right there.

Also if you want to do a long tour then you can buy a train pass which costs very cheap. There are three versions, $450 for 15 days, $700 for 30 days and $900 for 45 days. 

• 7 months later...

Archived