Verona vs Fiorentina
Benevento vs Torino, 17.00
Bolgona vs Napoli, 19.45

kick-off 2pm unless stated.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Inter 0-0 SPAL currently. 25 minutes gone but 4 of those are being used for VAR to make sure the referee (who himself checked the video) gets the right decision. 

Free-kick originally given, despite foul inside the box. Ref checked and reversed his decision to give a penalty. Good use of it once again. 

Icardi scores the penalty. 1-0.

• Administrator

caught the final 7-8 minutes of Benevento vs Torino and absolute heartbreak for Benevento when Falque scored the winner and only goal in the game in the 93rd minute. Denied Benevento from earning their first ever Serie A points. 

My boy Piotr, banging them in. Not really news as he often is the pinnacle of the team. I remember 2 members were on here saying he was crap. Poor form for them as he's easily the most underrated midfielder in the league.

Good start for Napoli, need to keep this up though and not fall apart on silly occasions. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Blue said:

My boy Piotr, banging them in. Not really news as he often is the pinnacle of the team. I remember 2 members were on here saying he was crap. Poor form for them as he's easily the most underrated midfielder in the league.

Good start for Napoli, need to keep this up though and not fall apart on silly occasions. 

xD what? A 'pinnacle' of a team is one who is usually the most successful in a team and achieves the most. The equivalent at bigger teams are like Ronaldo at Real, Messi at Barca, Lewandowski at Bayern, Higuain or Dybala at Juve etc etc

Mertens & Insigne (and maybe Hamsik or Callejon) ahead of him when it comes to being a 'pinnacle' of that Napoli team if you want to use that word. He didn't even start today anyway? 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

xD what? A 'pinnacle' of a team is one who is usually the most successful in a team and achieves the most. The equivalent at bigger teams are like Ronaldo at Real, Messi at Barca, Lewandowski at Bayern, Higuain or Dybala at Juve etc etc

Mertens & Insigne (and maybe Hamsik or Callejon) ahead of him when it comes to being a 'pinnacle' of that Napoli team if you want to use that word. He didn't even start today anyway? 

We have different definition of the word then. I really didn't want to use "focal point" but my point is without him, there is no dynamic midfielder in the team. He is so important to this team.

Zielinski is still young but he really should be starting as he's a top player. And no, as proven against Real Madrid, the only player on Napoli who is world class is Marek Hamsik. Diawara and Zielinski will get there some day as they also proved it but they aren't there yet.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Blue said:

We have different definition of the word then. I really didn't want to use "focal point" but my point is without him, there is no dynamic midfielder in the team. He is so important to this team.

Zielinski is still young but he really should be starting as he's a top player. And no, as proven against Real Madrid, the only player on Napoli who is world class is Marek Hamsik. Diawara and Zielinski will get there some day as they also proved it but they aren't there yet.

or you don't know what pinnacle means/using the word wrongly. 

if you admit to Zielinksi not being there yet, how can he be the pinnacle of a team?

Pinnacle, according to most dictionaries, means 'the most successful point, or culmination'. 

Just now, Stan said:

or you don't know what pinnacle means/using the word wrongly. 

if you admit to Zielinksi not being there yet, how can he be the pinnacle of a team?

Pinnacle, according to most dictionaries, means 'the most successful point, or culmination'. 

My wording has never been good but I expressed my point in the last post. He is key to this team. Plays at a completely different pace than Jorginho,  a quicker and tactically more fitting pace. 

Everytime he's come on as a sub when Napoli needed a goal, he hasn't let the team down. Changed games with the high tempo passing and energy that he offers.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Blue said:

My wording has never been good but I expressed my point in the last post. He is key to this team. Plays at a completely different pace than Jorginho,  a quicker and tactically more fitting pace. 

Everytime he's come on as a sub when Napoli needed a goal, he hasn't let the team down. Changed games with the high tempo passing and energy that he offers.

you contradicted yourself saying he's the pinnacle of a team but then also said he's 'not there yet'.  

looking in to the point about needing a goal, he's scored 1 goal where it made a difference to the game (equaliser vs Atalanta). Today he came on and scored vs Bologna when it was already 2-0. Came on against Nice (2nd leg) when it  was 1-0 (3-0 aggregate). Played full game against Verona with no goals or assists. Came on against Nice (1st leg) when it was already 1-0. 

Not saying goals/assists are the be all and end all, but perhaps he's not as effective as you make out. Not looked in to last season in detail but 6 goals and 7 assists in 47 games (all competitions) would support my point (decent stats for a youngster but still don't agree he was a focal point or pinnacle or the key contributor to Napoli's game). 

It doesn't support your point because I've followed Napoli game by game. Granted this season I haven't seen as much but last season I tuned in to every game and he always put in the job he's meant to do when coming off the bench. I also notice that Napoli play better when he comes on as was the case vs Nice. I'm not going to go and say you're guessing but numbers like that doesn't tell you much. He is SO important to the energy of this team. That includes the result and time off the bench. Those are irrelevant numbers.

• Administrator

but you said he's come on when Napoli needed a goal and didn't let the team down

Not denying he's not a good player or doesn't do anything when he comes on; I just don't think he's that great a player that he's Napoli's best. The numbers aren't irrelevant. If he's so important to the energy of the team, why does he not start every game? 

For example, if it's 4-0 in the 70th minute, and he comes on in the 75th minute, and the game ends 5-0, does he really make that much of a difference to the outcome of the game? 

So are we arguing a point I didn't make? I did say my wording was poor earlier. Hes one of the most important players but not quite world class yet. 

Your last point is a way I view matches, but again that wasn't my current point.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

The numbers aren't irrelevant. If he's so important to the energy of the team, why does he not start every game? 

For some players it is, and fuck knows. He should be starting.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived