• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 3 Fixtures - 8-11th September 2017

football forum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC BARCELONA 5-0 RCD ESPANYOL (FT)

You can't ask for more than that in a Derby that's usually very sticky for Barça. Brilliant performances all around with even Ter Stegen making an excellent save. The first goal was clearly off-side but from there on everything was class from Barcelona.

Things sure change fast. Barça already has a 4-point lead over Real Madrid. Who would´ve thought it after the Supercopa?

Barcelona´s squad still lacks balance and there are still questions about the midfield which we´ll find out more against better competition but they have great players, Valverde is a better coach than Luis Enrique and now they have a proper RB in Semedo. There are genuine reasons for Barcelona fans to be optmistic. 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

FC BARCELONA 5-0 RCD ESPANYOL (FT)

You can't ask for more than that in a Derby that's usually very sticky for Barça. Brilliant performances all around with even Ter Stegen making an excellent save. The first goal was clearly off-side but from there on everything was class from Barcelona.

As I was saying after the Super Cup(which I don't believe you can take too much from personally), there is nothing to fear and it's all about seeing what Valverde can do, with what is still a very talented bunch of players. The board are a joke(but they were 3 seasons ago), although the players and coaching staff aren't. Some of the main problems last season were also the fact that Enrique was no longer able to get the best from the team, he'd gone stale(with all due respects to him), and it needed a new man to come in and freshen things up with new ideas. The talent has never disappeared and while a new defender to offer depth and someone to rotate with Iniesta would be ideal, other positions have been improved and there is still a group of quality players there, who are capable of continuing to achieve success.

The 2015 Champions league winning line-up:-

Ter Stegen

Alves -- Pique -- Masch -- Alba

Busquets

Iniesta ---- Rakitic

Messi --- Suarez --- Neymar

Valverde's likely strongest line-up:-

Ter Stegen

Semedo -- Pique -- Umtiti -- Alba

Busquets

Iniesta ---- Rakitic

Messi --- Suarez --- Dembele

(Deulofeu was class tonight but Dembele was obviously be first choice once he gets going, although Deulofeu adds depth)

Around that time, we were saying that Alves and Masch were the main ones to look at replacing in the near future and those 2 have been done so in Semedo and Umtiti, both of which look to be the business. It's a proven winning team with 3 players added to areas that needed work the most. All that really lacks is someone to rotate with Iniesta as he is prone to picking up injuries, will need to be used wisely this season and not overused as to burn him out . Obviously Neymar leaving was a big blow itself but I have confidence that Dembele and Deulofeu can do plenty between them this season and in the future Dembele certainly has the potential and talent to be able to replace Neymar, with Deulofeu proving the depth that wasn't there before. Let's also not forget Sergi Roberto, who is now getting minutes in his natural position rather than right back. This itself makes that area of the field stronger than it was, as even though Sergi Roberto was already at the club, he wasn't being used in midfield, so is somewhat like a brand new signing.

There is still a long way to go of course, so we can't get ahead of ourselves, but great signs so far.

Juventus will be a big test and give a better idea this week.

Liga Santander 2017-18El argentino no entiende de tridentes: él es la estrella y punto

Messi es la 'M', la 'S' y la 'N'

15049898393523.jpg

Leo Messi es el Barça. Ni tridentes, ni 'Verrattis', ni 'Coutinhos'. El '10' lleva años siendo el líder de un equipo que opta a todo, a pesar del mercado de fichajes. Porque Messi es capaz de hacer lo que él quiera, y así lo demostró ante el Espanyol. Hat-trick y cinco goles en tres partidos. El Camp Nou olvida sus penas cuando ve al argentino sobre el césped.

14883986874580.jpg15049885616050.jpg

Messi sigue a lo suyo. Tres goles para dar otros tres puntos más al Barça y ponerse a cuatro del Real Madrid. El primero tras un regate precioso y un disparo a la escuadra, el segundo como un puro '9' rematando tirándose al césped, y el tercero en la clásica jugada suya. En definitiva: fue Neymar, fue Suárez, y por supuesto fue Messi.

14893348352941.jpg15049889302170.jpg

Si algo ha conseguido Ernesto Valverde en este inicio de temporada es recuperar la mejor versión de Ivan Rakitic. El croata llega al área más que nunca, se entiende con sus compañeros y ayuda abajo. Un todoterreno que le va de maravilla a Messi. Difícil lo van a tener sus competidores como Paulinho, André Gomes y compañía.

14541736654366.jpg15049898977098.jpg

Y el gran fichaje del Barça al fin debutó. Ousmane Dembélé tuvo algo menos de media hora en su primer partido oficial con el conjunto azulgrana. El francés empezó algo nervioso, pero acabó soltándose y dio incluso una asistencia de gol para Luis Suárez. El Camp Nou tuvo un flechazo con el ex del Borussia. Este es el comienzo de una hermosa amistad.

14881431111145.jpg15049895748660.jpg

Al igual que ocurrió ante el Real Betis, Semedo completó un muy buen partido ante el Espanyol. Tras un inicio discreto en pretemporada y ante el Real Madrid, parece que el portugués empieza a alcanzar su mejor nivel y demuestra su potencial. Es rapidísimo por la banda, aporta arriba y cumple abajo. Un fichaje que promete, y mucho.

14545338543110.jpg15049863276277.jpg

Pese al 5-0, hay que decirlo. El Barcelona se adelantó en el marcador con un gol ilegal. Es incomprensible que el asistente no viera a Messi adelantado por más de un metro. El argentino estaba claramente en posición antirreglamentaria en el momento del pase de Rakitic.

Source: Marca

9 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

As I was saying after the Super Cup(which I don't believe you can take too much from personally), there is nothing to fear and it's all about seeing what Valverde can do, with what is still a very talented bunch of players. The board are a joke(but they were 3 seasons ago), although the players and coaching staff aren't. Some of the main problems last season were also the fact that Enrique was no longer able to get the best from the team, he'd gone stale(with all due respects to him), and it needed a new man to come in and freshen things up with new ideas. The talent has never disappeared and while a new defender to offer depth and someone to rotate with Iniesta would be ideal, other positions have been improved and there is still a group of quality players there, who are capable of continuing to achieve success.

The 2015 Champions league winning line-up:-

Ter Stegen

Alves -- Pique -- Masch -- Alba

Busquets

Iniesta ---- Rakitic

Messi --- Suarez --- Neymar

Valverde's likely strongest line-up:-

Ter Stegen

Semedo -- Pique -- Umtiti -- Alba

Busquets

Iniesta ---- Rakitic

Messi --- Suarez --- Dembele

(Deulofeu was class tonight but Dembele was obviously be first choice once he gets going, although Deulofeu adds depth)

Around that time, we were saying that Alves and Masch were the main ones to look at replacing in the near future and those 2 have been done so in Semedo and Umtiti, both of which look to be the business. It's a proven winning team with 3 players added to areas that needed work the most. All that really lacks is someone to rotate with Iniesta as he is prone to picking up injuries, will need to be used wisely this season and not overused as to burn him out . Obviously Neymar leaving was a big blow itself but I have confidence that Dembele and Deulofeu can do plenty between them this season and in the future Dembele certainly has the potential and talent to be able to replace Neymar, with Deulofeu proving the depth that wasn't there before. Let's also not forget Sergi Roberto, who is now getting minutes in his natural position rather than right back. This itself makes that area of the field stronger than it was, as even though Sergi Roberto was already at the club, he wasn't being used in midfield, so is somewhat like a brand new signing.

There is still a long way to go of course, so we can't get ahead of ourselves, but great signs so far.

Juventus will be a big test and give a better idea this week.

Yeah, not too much can be taken out of this because it's too early and at the start of the season things can look one way and end up being something completely different.  I agree that there is a very talented team there because I've also said in other places that the first XI can compete against any team out there.  Obviously in football many things can happen and you always have to legislate for that in sport because just as in the same manner you have the capabilities to beat anyone, anyone can beat you because this isn't the great Barça side of the best Guardiola period where it all looked invincible...  Even then, they also lost games!

But the squad is thin in my view, it's thin with players at the top end.  But for me at least it's an opportunity to give the homegrown players a chance if rotation becomes necessary or if injuries occur.  Because when you build "Galactico" squads, you don't end up having the opportunity to try these things out like Real Madrid had back in the day and no it's the opposite.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, not too much can be taken out of this because it's too early and at the start of the season things can look one way and end up being something completely different.  I agree that there is a very talented team there because I've also said in other places that the first XI can compete against any team out there.  Obviously in football many things can happen and you always have to legislate for that in sport because just as in the same manner you have the capabilities to beat anyone, anyone can beat you because this isn't the great Barça side of the best Guardiola period where it all looked invincible...  Even then, they also lost games!

But the squad is thin in my view, it's thin with players at the top end.  But for me at least it's an opportunity to give the homegrown players a chance if rotation becomes necessary or if injuries occur.  Because when you build "Galactico" squads, you don't end up having the opportunity to try these things out like Real Madrid had back in the day and no it's the opposite.

Samper should have been kept in my opinion as he may have gotten minutes this season. But on the other hand, he will learn a lot at Las Palmas as a starter for a season.

It would be good to see more of Carles Aleña as well.

A lack of a 4th defender could be a worry. Why Marlon was loaned out is beyond me.

33 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Samper should have been kept in my opinion as he may have gotten minutes this season. But on the other hand, he will learn a lot at Las Palmas as a starter for a season.

It would be good to see more of Carles Aleña as well.

A lack of a 4th defender could be a worry. Why Marlon was loaned out is beyond me.

I also think Samper's best situation is a loan deal right now although he is the only natural defensive midfield replacement if Bisquets is out as that is where Samper plays.

I would love to see more of Aleña...  Let's see what happens there because he is highly thought of.

@SirBalon 

Think Real Madrid are defo missing Ronaldo. He would have converted at least one of the several headers that Bale missed vs Levante. That would have given Real Madrid the three points.

That's the difference between a good player and a superstar (one of the greatest of all time).  Cristiano Ronaldo is lethally effective when the game is on the line.

Put it this way: if Bale was nearly as good as Ronaldo and Messi or even Neymar, he'd be in the Ballon d'Or convo too. But he's never been in the convo, so no, he'll never carry a team like Real Madrid. 

Let's not forget that Levante won the Spanish 2nd division last season, just like Alaves won the division the season prior to that. That division is notoriously difficult: teams literally have to "run the gauntlet" so, yes, Levante were ready for Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu. I was actually pleasantly surprised at their play. All teams in Spain play attractive football.

This season's "Levante" and "Valencia" for Real Madrid = last season's "Alaves" and "Celta Vigo" for Barca? If the title race is tight, these dropped points will make all the difference.

As it stands, we're already 4 pts ahead of Real Madrid! (can't believe I'm saying this so early in the season!) atop the league! Where we'll stay for this week at least (don't think Real Sociedad will win 5-0 away at la Coruna tomoz). Last season, with 3 matches played, we were 5th. 

1st and 1st in the title winning seasons before least season (after three matches played).

At this rate, mate, we may not even need the El Clasicos to be title deciders :) Coutinho who?

Seriously though, he's a good player but we probably made the correct signing in breaking our club record to sign Dembele instead of Coutinho.

Still think Dybala would have been the very best signing this summer. According to reports, we were going to break the bank for him but Roberto backed out at the last second. The sheer incompetence of this board is quite astounding.

• Subscriber

Caught some of the game last night and have to say Barcelona was super clinical in the way they dispatched their rivals. The thing I think which was so much more different is that they chased and harried when the ball wasn't with them (and got it back most importantly) and then the possession was excellent. It really could have ended much worse for Espanyol had more chances been converted but I don't think any fan is going to complain about a 5 - 0 drubbing. 

2 hours ago, 11Neymar Ousmane Dembélé11 said:

@SirBalon 

Think Real Madrid are defo missing Ronaldo. He would have converted at least one of the several headers that Bale missed vs Levante. That would have given Real Madrid the three points.

That's the difference between a good player and a superstar (one of the greatest of all time).  Cristiano Ronaldo is lethally effective when the game is on the line.

Put it this way: if Bale was nearly as good as Ronaldo and Messi or even Neymar, he'd be in the Ballon d'Or convo too. But he's never been in the convo, so no, he'll never carry a team like Real Madrid. 

Let's not forget that Levante won the Spanish 2nd division last season, just like Alaves won the division the season prior to that. That division is notoriously difficult: teams literally have to "run the gauntlet" so, yes, Levante were ready for Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu. I was actually pleasantly surprised at their play. All teams in Spain play attractive football.

This season's "Levante" and "Valencia" for Real Madrid = last season's "Alaves" and "Celta Vigo" for Barca? If the title race is tight, these dropped points will make all the difference.

As it stands, we're already 4 pts ahead of Real Madrid! (can't believe I'm saying this so early in the season!) atop the league! Where we'll stay for this week at least (don't think Real Sociedad will win 5-0 away at la Coruna tomoz). Last season, with 3 matches played, we were 5th. 

1st and 1st in the title winning seasons before least season (after three matches played).

At this rate, mate, we may not even need the El Clasicos to be title deciders :) Coutinho who?

Seriously though, he's a good player but we probably made the correct signing in breaking our club record to sign Dembele instead of Coutinho.

Still think Dybala would have been the very best signing this summer. According to reports, we were going to break the bank for him but Roberto backed out at the last second. The sheer incompetence of this board is quite astounding.

This season's Alavés is looking more like Girona than Levante...  Atlético Madrid have met them already and look at what happened and could've happened.

It's all too early but I agree, nobody chooses to drop points just because it's early.  You don't pick and choose your moments of uncertainty and what's for sure is that Cristiano Ronaldo is going to be needed now due to Karim Benzema being out for probably more than a month injured.  They let Morata go (well, he wanted to go) and now who do they play up front?  Cristiano Ronaldo will now be the out and out number 9 for a while.

That offside goal though......ugh.....lol....I try to rationalize it by the fact that Messi probs would have scored another (legitimate) goal if that one had been correctly ruled offside.

Always like things to be fair, done the correct way, even if it doesn't help our Barca. May the best team win? More like: "May the BEST VERSION OF BARCA win." There's nothing more joyful as when you succeed while doing things the right way.

16 minutes ago, 11Neymar Ousmane Dembélé11 said:

That offside goal though......ugh.....lol....I try to rationalize it by the fact that Messi probs would have scored another (legitimate) goal if that one had been correctly ruled offside.

Always like things to be fair, done the correct way, even if it doesn't help our Barca. May the best team win? More like: "May the BEST VERSION OF BARCA win." There's nothing more joyful as when you succeed while doing things the right way.

The off-side goal pissed me off no end because it should've been seen.  It wasn't a difficult one for the assistant referee and he was perfectly positioned.  What Messi done with the ball once he received it in such a reduced space with players around him...  Well, that's just him, isn't it!

The ironic thing is that the other day live on a late night sports radio programme, Florentino Pérez was complaining about the refs and insinuating that Barcelona get the rub of the green.  He should look back at last season to be honest because it's been many many years since I saw such a thing.  But yesterday's off-side goal in favour of Barça just adds fuel to his meaningless complaint.

• Administrator
21 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Full time: Real Madrid 1-1 Levante

More points dropped by Real, which now means 4 dropped in their last 2 games, and both were home fixtures. They have Real Sociedad away next as well, who could potentially cause them a lot more problems than their last 2 opponents. Big result for Levante, welcome back to La Liga.

This means nothing from Barcelona's perspective if it doesn't end with a big win against Espanyol this evening though.

Apparently first time they've dropped points in both of their first 2 home games. 

55 minutes ago, Stan said:

Apparently first time they've dropped points in both of their first 2 home games. 

I think too much was taken from the 2 Supercopa games myself as there is still a long season ahead and for however much of a joke this board are, the players and coaching staff definitely aren't and that's what really matters on the pitch.

I also think people are underestimating the transfer window, which was definitely not perfect, but far from the disaster that it's portrayed as. Neymar left, a midfielder weren't bought, but the Brazilian has been replaced adequately, with a very exciting young player who has the potential to be as good, the right-back problem has been fixed(which also means that Sergi Roberto can now play in his proper position and is like a new signing himself) and Deulofeu has been brought in to offer depth in an area that lacked it whenever any of the front 3 need resting/to be rotated. A defender and midfielder were needed, but then again, when you see how Rakitic is playing again, how well Sergi Roberto has done so far, Busquets looking to regain his form and Iniesta looking like he can still offer plenty, barring he's used wisely, then maybe the midfield area isn't bad after all. The players are there, it's just that not all of them were in their best form towards the end of Enrique's stint. Like I said though, Juventus on tuesday will give a better understanding, but the signs have certainly been there to start the season and you couldn't have asked for more really.

46 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Great game at the Estadio Riazor, Deportivo have just scored to make it 2-2 against Real Sociedad who have been in great form this season. 50 minutes played and on Sky Sports Football for those that want to see the action - nice to see Lucas Perez given a heroes welcome on his Deportivo return.

What I like about this Real Sociedad is that they have a lot of character. They don't just play nice football and win games, but they can grind out points when things aren't going too well.

That goal by Adrian Lopez(for Depor) was quality. He's always had tremendous ability, he just hasn't always known how to use it consistently.

There is loads of la liga on sky today. Another 4 games.

The 3rd was a brilliant team goal, so was the second in fact.

Sevilla have started the season well on the quiet, are playing nice football and maybe we will see yet another positive season from them after having to yet again rebuild?

Ganso has looked very good for them so far. After a rough start under Sampaoli where he found it difficult to break into their team, he has started the season strongly this term and looks like the Ganso from a while back who looked like he was going to explode. @El_Loco

Pablo Sarabia is also one of the most underrated players around and keeping N'zonzi was big for them.

Nolito should also do well there and Lenglet looks a solid signing at the back so far. I suppose for them it mainly comes down to getting goals from Ben Yedder.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived