talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 3 Fixtures - 8-11th September 2017

football forum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

San Mamés isn't an easy task most of the time and much less in your very first season in Spain's top division.  Still, Atlético Madrid was handled pretty well to be honest...  Good to see Athletic Club competitive because this Girona side will cause their fair share of upsets this season for me.

3 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

The 3rd was a brilliant team goal, so was the second in fact.

Sevilla have started the season well on the quiet, are playing nice football and maybe we will see yet another positive season from them after having to yet again rebuild?

Ganso has looked very good for them so far. After a rough start under Sampaoli where he found it difficult to break into their team, he has started the season strongly this term and looks like the Ganso from a while back who looked like he was going to explode. @El_Loco

Pablo Sarabia is also one of the most underrated players around and keeping N'zonzi was big for them.

Nolito should also do well there and Lenglet looks a solid signing at the back so far. I suppose for them it mainly comes down to getting goals from Ben Yedder.

Ganso is talented and when he´s at his best he´s a great player to watch but I´m not a believer, Chris. I don´t think he can be consistently good for a season. Ganso´s style of football is simply too slow in 2017. He will have one or two good games, but then he will terrible ones. Unfortunately this is how it is. :(

@Cannabis @SirBalon Semedo is an acceptable RB, but he's certainly no Dani Alves. Alves is a once in a generation kinda player. The telepathic understanding he had with Messi was just surreal. One of the all time Barca greats in my book. Certainly one of the most decorated!!

I was shouting for Bellerin too but until we get him Semedo is perfectly acceptable. Yes, Roberto is like a new signing and I'm liking what I'm seeing from Deulofeu, Alba and sneaky Rakitic lol. Heck, even the Portuguese Andre made a contribution in the leadup to the Suarez goal. (dunno about yall but I just start laughing whenever I see him coming on as a sub.....I'll try to stop doing that from now on).

Didn't know that this was the first time Real Madrid dropped points in their first two home games. Look for that stat to change once Ronaldo returns. Tis good that we're taking advantage of his absence and getting it done. Long may it continue this way.

2 hours ago, 11Neymar Ousmane Dembélé11 said:

Semedo is an acceptable RB, but he's certainly no Dani Alves. Alves is a once in a generation kinda player. The telepathic understanding he had with Messi was just surreal. One of the all time Barca greats in my book. Certainly one of the most decorated!!

Dani Alves is gone, his time is up at Barcelona mate.  He's a Barça legend without a shadow of a doubt but it wasn't all roses with him at a performance level because he had a whole almost three years at a pretty low level for his standards and only in the last treble season did he return to his best which leaves many questions open, many questions he himself asks of others when he's so vocal.  Almost three years of lowering your level is down to you and not anything down to injuries or the team...  When he continues to open his mouth these days against the present Barcelona board (which every Barça fan is in agreement that they're a bunch of idiots), he should also question himself as to what he gave the fans seeing as he always talks about his undying love to them...  He obviously short changed them for a long while and continued to enjoy his wages and his privileged lifestyle while being substandard.

Anyway...  What I wanted to say is that his time is over and now the fans must look ahead.

I was shouting for Bellerin too but until we get him Semedo is perfectly acceptable.

Everyone wanted Bellerín but Semedo is there now and so far he's offering top quality where even the Madrid based sports press are giving him high accolades.  Who knows...  He may turn out be a top top player for Barcelona.

even the Portuguese Andre made a contribution in the leadup to the Suarez goal.

He came on when the game was done and dusted!  It's easy at that point, everyone knows this mate.  I'm not hitting out at him, just that no assessment on whether he has turned a page can be given and only the rest of this season will show everyone this.

4 hours ago, 11Neymar Ousmane Dembélé11 said:

@Cannabis @SirBalon Semedo is an acceptable RB, but he's certainly no Dani Alves. Alves is a once in a generation kinda player. The telepathic understanding he had with Messi was just surreal. One of the all time Barca greats in my book. Certainly one of the most decorated!!

I was shouting for Bellerin too but until we get him Semedo is perfectly acceptable. Yes, Roberto is like a new signing and I'm liking what I'm seeing from Deulofeu, Alba and sneaky Rakitic lol. Heck, even the Portuguese Andre made a contribution in the leadup to the Suarez goal. (dunno about yall but I just start laughing whenever I see him coming on as a sub.....I'll try to stop doing that from now on).

Didn't know that this was the first time Real Madrid dropped points in their first two home games. Look for that stat to change once Ronaldo returns. Tis good that we're taking advantage of his absence and getting it done. Long may it continue this way.

Why spend about 70 million on Bellerin and not stick with Semedo mate? He's doing brilliantly well so far and at 23, has age on his side meaning that he can only improve. What would be the point of buying Bellerin now?

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Everyone wanted Bellerín but Semedo is there now and so far he's offering top quality where even the Madrid based sports press are giving him high accolades.  Who knows...  He may turn out be a top top player for Barcelona.

Bellerin would have cost nearly 3 times more and isn't necessarily a superior player. I think the club dodged a bullet by not being ripped off for him(Bellerin) now personally.

I was unsure about Semedo when he was signed as I hadn't seen enough of him pre-joining Barcelona, but from what I have so far, he has it all to be one of the world's best right backs and I don't see the point in going in for Bellerin now, when Semedo is growing into the team and impressing every game.

We can't compare him to Alves either as that Pep team in general was special and will never be replicated man for man. You don't replace players, you evolve(someone once said this, I think Fergie? and it's very true) and Semedo, for me, certainly looks like a player who can help the team evolve.  

@The Rebel CRS @SirBalon @Cannabis So I just finished watching the 2nd half of the Espanyol game. Didn't have time to finish watching it until now.

I'm really liking Deulofeu. Very impressed by him. With some refinement, he'll really be something special. Is already one of the most dangerous looking players going forward. Not even sure if I'd start Dembele or Deulofeu!!

Suarez needs to regain his form. Sure, he scored a goal, but he needs to go back to his unpredictable clinical self. With Messi and Suarez in the team we don't really need another forward/striker if Suarez produces.

Alba should always start over Digne, for me. Much more of an attacking threat. *Beep Beep* Road Runner indeed.

Yes, Semedo is more than decent. He and Dembele should link up quite nicely.

Didn't see enough of Paulinho in action to make a determination but I've got a funny feeling he'll come good and be a valuable squad player for us this season.

Juventus would probs be more of a litmus test, but Juventus no longer have that invincible aura about them (after Real Madrid dismantled them in the Champions League Final). Not even Bayern poses a threat. Borussia Dortmund play attractive football, but they just don't have what it takes, that killer edge. The real threat is from PSG, Manchester City, Real Madrid in the Champions League.

The players themselves would say that they want the domestic title the most (since they spend the most time working towards it) but for me the Champions League/European Cup) is always the most coveted trophy. Maybe even more so than the World Cup (being a club football lover thru and thru). As such, I would love for us to go all out and make and win the CL Final in Kyiv!

Certainly can't have Real Madrid "threepeating" and emulating the great Ajax and Bayern teams of the 1970s!!

Look, folks, I know that ppl don't like to use stats to analyze performance. But I'm pretty confident the winner will come from Spain (or England). Per the UEFA coefficients. PSG would be the anomaly.

As it stands, Barca, PSG and City are the only ones capable of stopping Real Madrid. MAYBE Chelsea.

Haven't seen too much of Coutinho. (Am a La Liga man). Is he really that good? Will we try to get him again next summer? This time around to replace Iniesta? Or will we do the right thing and go all out for Dybala, as should have been the case all along?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

HOW WOULD YOU KNOW YOU'VE BEEN WATCHING WEST HAM STANKEY?!?!?!?!?!?!

watching this game on my laptop. Although my bet has been fucked with no goal in the West Ham game so have sacked this game off. It was actually worse than the West Ham game.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Must be atrocious xD!

there was pretty much nothing happening. can't remember either keeper being properly tested and Viera's shot was lucky to go in as it rebounded off the post in to the side of the opposite end of the goal.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived