Mansfield vs Grimsby, 13.00
Newport vs Wycombe
Notts County vs Morecambe
Stevenage vs Lincoln
Yeovil vs Cheltenham

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're away to a team who hasn't won a league game yet...this will be a real test of what lies ahead of us for the season. The Blackburn of old would lose this banana skin game, but we need to ensure we take all 3 points and build on the last 2 wins. Dack is back fit which is a big boost, but we are without Lenihan long term now so hopefully Mulgrew is fit after an injury scare for playing for Scotland.

5-0. Wow.

That's the same Hull that slapped us by 4, and could have actually got at least 7 or 8. This league is genuinely baffling; Derby will then go and look bang average against someone like Burton or Barnsley :|

We'll take a pasting from Boro tomorrow. Not looking forward to it at all; that attack could have a field day with our slow defence and Parkinson's insistence on 3-5-2. Although, NOOOOOOOONE will be unleashed. @Bluebird Hewitt, does he still have it at this level, or is he fucked nowadays?

1 hour ago, StefBWFC said:

Although, NOOOOOOOONE will be unleashed. @Bluebird Hewitt, does he still have it at this level, or is he fucked nowadays?

He's been inconsistent with us since relegation from the prem, but he is someone who'll try to make things happen regardless. He was stagnating a bit with us, so hopefully the move will work out in your favour.

Chance for our first three points tomorrow, no idea what's going to happen. From what I've read Villa have been performing as badly as their results have been, whereas we've played well but lost or drawn so I'm hopeful of a positive result.

But the flip side is Villa's wagebill was 6 times the size of ours last season and will be similar this season, so much quality there to pull a good result out of the blue.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Stan said:

Leeds tearing it up. Burton not the best but they don't usually get beaten by that much even by the better teams. Shows how good Leeds are right now. 

30 shots to 1 as well. That's a massacre. I was impressed with what I saw of Leeds early doors and there's been no letting up yet. I reckon they might crack it this year.

Very impressed with Leeds, and Lasogga is going to score an absolute fucking hatful. Would put money on it being the year they make it back to the top flight. 

Can't believe how bad Sunderland are. Never expected them to set the world alight but fucking hell. Things are turning very sour there.

• The topic was unpinned

Routine win for us 3-0 at Rochdale. To be fair they were dire but we played some good football and the scoreline didn't flatter us. If we get the first goal in games we're likely to win the majority, especially if its an early goal. In the second half against MK Dons and Rochdale we have blown them away with our football and options from the bench - on Saturday we brought on Chapman, Graham and Dack. Please Antonsson got his first goal for us, he has looked a bit rusty to say the least with the lack of football over the last year or so, but he has clear quality. Smallwood is becoming a fans favourite and a really important player for us. We were even missing 2 of our best players in Mulgrew and Lenihan yet came out comfortable wins.

We also had more than 50% of the fans in the crowd albeit its only a 35-40 mins trip from Ewood.

Scunthorpe away will be a good test off the back of 3 consecutive wins, and we also have Shrewsbury away coming up.

I should go out the country more often if we play like that. Absolutely smashed Burton to pieces, something I've not been used to this Leeds team doing since the O'Leary days when we played some exciting stuff. A packed Elland Road seeing our team doing what we are doing at the moment really feels like we've been waiting for this for a long time. There is a real feel good factor at the club now and you can sense a real shift in attitude and mood.

Really encouraged with things right now but as always with this club, I expect a sting in the tail to come from somewhere soon.

21 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I have to take in a Leeds game this season, my lower league tour will continue shortly and Elland Road would be a cracking afternoon.

Couldn't be picking a better time the way things are going just now although you scream bad omen so stay away xD

Archived