talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MMA & Combat Sports

football forum

On 27/03/2019 at 05:37, Rick said:

McGregor will be back. This is only to strong arm the ufc into giving him some sort of deal. It was only a fortnight ago he was talking about co headlining in July.

Why? And to do what? Rematches against the likes of Khabib or Diaz would see Conor lose. He won't get instant title shots either, and no way he's coming back to grind in the division again. He's done. 

21 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Why? And to do what? Rematches against the likes of Khabib or Diaz would see Conor lose. He won't get instant title shots either, and no way he's coming back to grind in the division again. He's done. 

Trilogy against Diaz or Khabib rematch. Of course he will get a title shot straight away. Dana juggles his bollocks in his mouth, and he is still the biggest draw for the UFC. 

Let's not forget how good he is either. He's only lost to Khabib & Diaz in the last few years, he's still an excellent and unique fighter. The question is whether he wants to build a legacy, but he's probably too coked up to give a shit about that anymore which is a shame, cause he could have been a great. 

5 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Diaz III would be boring, a rematch with Khabib would be great - hopefully he could win it too and set the record straight. 

Don't understand why people get precious about him getting the big fights. He's the biggest fighter the UFC has seen and put the sport on the map, he can do what he wants. 

xD Did you watch the first fight? Khabib is in a different fucking stratosphere. Conor looked like a prostitute, getting paid to lay on his back and get pounded for 15 minutes  

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

351676563_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.70c896cf60f7b97c5d0dbc037ce1b9fa.png

Should WWE Actually Be Worried About AEW?

There’s panic in the streets of Stamford, Connecticut. Or, anyway, there’s a sense that change is coming for the famously change-averse WWE after a ten-day period that could signal the start of a new era in professional wrestling. All it took to rattle WWE was for a new promotion—in this case, All Elite Wrestling—to have a dazzling debut show that was different enough from the WWE norm in ways that couldn’t help but stand out.

AEW’s debut show, Double or Nothing, was one of the very best shows of the year and peaked with the outlandish debut of Jon Moxley, who previously wrestled in WWE as Dean Ambrose. With that kind of legit star power in hand and as good a start as any promotion could have asked for now on the record, AEW seems to be in a position to challenge WWE’s monopolistic hold on North American wrestling, although whether they will manage that feat or not is hard to know right now. But WWE sure seems to be worried about it, and that might be just as important as whatever happens next.

Click for a full report

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spacing correction

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Amazing... I watched it all live and I didn't expect that. Fair play to Masvidal.. He was practicing that exact move, given Askren's style. Wow. 

Amanda Nunes is definitely the goat of women's MMA. Knocking out Rousey, Cyborg and Holm and being a 2 weight champ, she's unreal. She's running out of opponents. 

• 1 month later...

Brave as usual, attacking an old man. He just knows he has money and things will easily go away. People with money can do no wrong, so happy he is finished as a fighter. Hated him since i first saw him fight, first i was okay he is pumping up the numbers promoting fights i can accept that in martial arts, but during his career he showed he is a shit human being. Hope the old man gets big money off him.

I dislike Diaz, his record tells a different story of him being a superb fighter. Saying this i think he really is a good well rounded mma fighter, but hardly title material. Sad DC lost even tough i like Stipe too, missed the fight but it seemed it was closer than it looked.

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

I dislike Diaz, his record tells a different story of him being a superb fighter. Saying this i think he really is a good well rounded mma fighter, but hardly title material. Sad DC lost even tough i like Stipe too, missed the fight but it seemed it was closer than it looked.

He's decent. Certainly well rounded as you said. His only outstanding feature is his ability to tank punishment. His head is made out of some kind of fucking indestructible material, can't knock the lad out. If Conor  vs Diaz 2 had gone til a result it would have been Diaz picking up the W. Conor was evading and counter punching beautifully but always on the back foot, terrified of going to the ground. 

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He's decent. Certainly well rounded as you said. His only outstanding feature is his ability to tank punishment. His head is made out of some kind of fucking indestructible material, can't knock the lad out. If Conor  vs Diaz 2 had gone til a result it would have been Diaz picking up the W. Conor was evading and counter punching beautifully but always on the back foot, terrified of going to the ground. 

Felt Diaz won the second fight too, but UFC couldn't allow Conor the golden chicken to be defeated twice by a fighter than doesn't even have a camp before fights. Like i said i don't like Diaz but balls of steel and truly built for fighting.

• 3 weeks later...