talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MMA & Combat Sports

football forum

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Spike said:

If there was ever a fixed fight, that was it.

You see those shoulder shots? 

I believe there are guys who have taken a dive in sports, no doubt. However, I don’t think Cerrone is that man. Can’t agree with you. 

Just now, Rick said:

You see those shoulder shots? 

I believe there are guys who have taken a dive in sports, no doubt. However, I don’t think Cerrone is that man. Can’t agree with you. 

Yeah, I saw all three of 'em, saw Cerrone stare right into McGregor's shoulder and beg for them to land onto his chin with zero resistance.

Everyone dives when you dump a truckload of money in front of their house.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah, I saw all three of 'em, saw Cerrone stare right into McGregor's shoulder and beg for them to land onto his chin with zero resistance.

H8r

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Ridiculous comment. Cerrones owner arm is trapped by conor in the clinch. It’s just an enginuituve way to strike from that position. 

Cerrone is a game fighter but in striking Conor is elite he was always going to blow cowboy away

A photo still proves nothing. You could see Conor had hold of him. Those elbows cane thick and fast. The replay shows he got stunned by the second one to connect. 

I get people dislike Conor, and don’t want to see him do well but I think it’s really disingenuous to say that this was fixed. We gonna say all the other guys McGregor has finished took a dive too? 

He was focused for this fight. Knew exactly what he was going to do. And as much as I like Cerrone, he isn’t on McGregors level. 

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Sod off with the ‘people hate McGregor’ nonsense, that doesn’t change the quality of the fight, which was piss.

Well it’s was hardly a fight so not sure you can judge it as such. Two men came out and one gave the other a quick hiding. 

Going straight to “it was fixed” is equally annoying as anything the Connor fanboys are saying. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Well it’s was hardly a fight so not sure you can judge it as such. Two men came out and one gave the other a quick hiding. 

Going straight to “it was fixed” is equally annoying as anything the Connor fanboys are saying. 

It's textbook. Have UFC's biggest star return after a hiatus, feed him a veteran, make the star look strong, and rake in the money. Dana White could have emptied his entire bank-account into Cerrone's purse and it still would have been cheaper than McGregor losing.

40 minutes ago, Spike said:

It's textbook. Have UFC's biggest star return after a hiatus, feed him a veteran, make the star look strong, and rake in the money. Dana White could have emptied his entire bank-account into Cerrone's purse and it still would have been cheaper than McGregor losing.

B105B027-5590-4F84-A331-B20BA0F0F2A7.jpeg

• Haha 3

I don't think the fight was 'fixed'. However. Cowboy is years past his peak, and his weakness was always getting bumrushed and unloaded on early.. The UFC picked the right guy to take a fall and make a splash. But I don't believe Cowboy took a pile of cash to lose. 

I do think that if Conor was in deep water Herb would have 'given him every chance" and that if Cowboy were on his back then Herb would have ended it quickly 'for the safety of the fighter' And that if things went to the score card then even if Conor had clearly lost the mysterious pts system would have put him on top. But none of that was needed. 

Now hopefully he gets murdered by Khabib again, or Ferguson. But I doubt it. They'll feed him some more small fish before risking the cash train derailing. 

• Upvote 1