The better place to talk football.

MMA & Combat Sports

football forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 19/01/2020 at 19:55, DeadLinesman said:

B105B027-5590-4F84-A331-B20BA0F0F2A7.jpeg

Hahahaha that picture is brilliant.

If people honestly think he took a dive, then... just wow. The man is a proven, well schooled fighter. And loves a scrap more than many. If he would have given Conor a good fight imagine how how his stock could have risen... just like it did with Diaz. 

Conor was clinically lethal. He backs it up, time and time again.  :congrats:

12 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Hahahaha that picture is brilliant.

If people honestly think he took a dive, then... just wow. The man is a proven, well schooled fighter. And loves a scrap more than many. If he would have given Conor a good fight imagine how how his stock could have risen... just like it did with Diaz. 

Conor was clinically lethal. He backs it up, time and time again.  :congrats:

He was fed an old man weak to good aggressive boxers. Lets see if he 'backs it up' against gamebread or Khabib 

Edited by Devil-Dick Willie

Cowboy is one of my favorites fighters in the UFC, but what is he famous for in a bad way? He starts fights super slow and chokes on the big occasion and it both happened. Conor did well no doubt about it but talk about finding a fighter that has all the weak sides to make Conor look good. I'll say it again even tough i don't like the man, he isn't a bad fighter just isn't that good as people suggest. For example right now Tony Ferguson would probably murder him, while Khabib already shown that he doesn't need to break a sweat to defeat him. Conor can obviously still fight in the UFC but i don't see him getting a title shot unless it is gifted to him.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

There’s only so many failed tests you can take before the GOAT moniker is removed forever. That and being involved in hit and runs. The blokes a cunt.

Didn’t realise you knew him. Next time you 2 and McGregor go out for a pint invite me x x 

Absolutely cream crackered. Had a night with the lads watching Brook. Decided to come home and keep drinking and stay up for UFC. Why’s it always so fucking late. It feels later than boxing events in America xD.

Watching the women now then the main event. Jones could get beat in 3 seconds by a lucky punch and he’d still be the goat. He’s never lost and I won’t bite on his past mistakes. You always get fans who cling on to stuff and hate success. :hh: don’t get me wrong he would be higher regarded if it wasn’t for his fuckups and stupid life choices. He would be heads and shoulders the clear goat. But he’s still in that category. GSP is definitely in that conversation I just prefer Jones all round and his consistency. And that fact he’s never lost. As I type this I’m feeling nervous of that big left hand. Anything can happen :what: win this and move up to heavyweight... it’s finally time. 

Edited by JOSHBRFC

42 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Didn’t realise you knew him. Next time you 2 and McGregor go out for a pint invite me x x 

I will cut you. 

Nah, genuinely though, there’s more to being a GOAT other than raw talent. Otherwise Neymar would be considered one of the best ever, when truth is he’ll never be regarded as that. It’s the whole package and what you do with it.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I will cut you. 

Nah, genuinely though, there’s more to being a GOAT other than raw talent. Otherwise Neymar would be considered one of the best ever, when truth is he’ll never be regarded as that. It’s the whole package and what you do with it.

Fuckoff. Don’t use what I said earlier to my mate against me haha. I had this drunk conversation with a friend last night. Regarding the likes of R9 etc regarding work ethic etc and goats. xD

I’m actually worried for Jones here. 

Edited by JOSHBRFC

• Subscriber

I expect a backlash. Very close fight could have gone either way. Reyes will be back. Jones constant pressure from the first second won that. Reyes was gassed from the 2nd. 

Edited by JOSHBRFC
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I expect a backlash. Very close fight could have gone either way. Reyes will be back. Jones constant pressure from the first second won that. Reyes was gassed from the 2nd. 

Jones didn’t win 3 clear rounds from ‘pressure’. Think you stayed awake too long young man xD. Reyes was 3-1 up going into the last. He’s been absolutely robbed like hundreds of other fighters when up against Dana’s ‘golden boys’ and the money machine.

• Upvote 1

In a title fight it is expected that you dominate at least 4 rounds or all of them to take the title, obviously if it doesn't end up in a KO or a submission. The fight was obviously very tight, the 4-1 was taking the piss. Reyes will get a rematch, just like Gustafsson did. However in the rematch he was way poorer for some reason.

41 minutes ago, True Blue said:

In a title fight it is expected that you dominate at least 4 rounds or all of them to take the title, obviously if it doesn't end up in a KO or a submission. The fight was obviously very tight, the 4-1 was taking the piss. Reyes will get a rematch, just like Gustafsson did. However in the rematch he was way poorer for some reason.

You can’t say, oh you only won 3-2 so no title though. That’s just bizarre. Why is a champion allowed to lose 3 rounds?

52 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

You can’t say, oh you only won 3-2 so no title though. That’s just bizarre. Why is a champion allowed to lose 3 rounds?

No clue mate, however it's not the first time this happened. Every time it's tight or just a bit over they give it to the Champion. Only title fight i recall recently is the Usmanov vs Woodley which ended as a decision but the Champion lost.

11 minutes ago, True Blue said:

No clue mate, however it's not the first time this happened. Every time it's tight or just a bit over they give it to the Champion. Only title fight i recall recently is the Usmanov vs Woodley which ended as a decision but the Champion lost.

It’s embarrassing. Couldn’t have Jones be defeated as Dana would lose out on the money train. 

17 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

It’s embarrassing. Couldn’t have Jones be defeated as Dana would lose out on the money train. 

Not sure if you watched it was a few years back, GSP vs Hendricks in the 2013 title fight. It was five rounds and went to a split decision for GSP. Even the fighter himself held his hands on his head like he lost, while Hendricks was certain he won and wildly celebrated. In the UFC you need either a KO or win all rounds to defeat a champion, shit "rule" but i think they heavily apply it. 

On 09/02/2020 at 16:01, JOSHBRFC said:

Absolutely cream crackered. Had a night with the lads watching Brook. Decided to come home and keep drinking and stay up for UFC. Why’s it always so fucking late. It feels later than boxing events in America xD.

Watching the women now then the main event. Jones could get beat in 3 seconds by a lucky punch and he’d still be the goat. He’s never lost and I won’t bite on his past mistakes. You always get fans who cling on to stuff and hate success. :hh: don’t get me wrong he would be higher regarded if it wasn’t for his fuckups and stupid life choices. He would be heads and shoulders the clear goat. But he’s still in that category. GSP is definitely in that conversation I just prefer Jones all round and his consistency. And that fact he’s never lost. As I type this I’m feeling nervous of that big left hand. Anything can happen :what: win this and move up to heavyweight... it’s finally time. 

Yes he has

And his wins on PEDs shouldn't count.

9 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Yes he has

Fair to say the defeat was a DQ in which he murdered Hamill. Even Matt disputes the win as he is regarded the only man to defeat Jones while being battered. Jones definitely is the most complete fighter, however seem's like a shit human being not because of ped's and drugs they all do that. More for hitting a pregnant lady while being on drugs and running away.

2 hours ago, True Blue said:

Fair to say the defeat was a DQ in which he murdered Hamill. Even Matt disputes the win as he is regarded the only man to defeat Jones while being battered. Jones definitely is the most complete fighter, however seem's like a shit human being not because of ped's and drugs they all do that. More for hitting a pregnant lady while being on drugs and running away.

I'm well aware of the circumstances. But he's not undefeated. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 09/02/2020 at 09:07, DeadLinesman said:

Jones didn’t win 3 clear rounds from ‘pressure’. Think you stayed awake too long young man xD. Reyes was 3-1 up going into the last. He’s been absolutely robbed like hundreds of other fighters when up against Dana’s ‘golden boys’ and the money machine.

Come on mate. Had some time to reflect and re watch since I posted that pissed up. Wanted to see it from other points of view..... my view if it was a 50/50. I wouldn’t have been mad either way. Jones has had a few of them now in the last few fights and I can’t tell if it’s him slowing, under estimating, or a big step up in class for his rivals. 

Have you seen the damage to Reyes legs weeks after the fight?

for me... he started well and easy won the first. 2nd was close but probably him. 3rd even more close and either way. 4th close but probably Jones. 5th easy Jones. So I actually had Jones on the night, despite how fucked I was. The only weird thing was 4-1 Jones that caused an uproar. It’s not that bad imo, as the winner arguably won. No where near as bad as when Canelo’s judges robbed GGG in their first fight. Now that’s a robbery....

• Subscriber
On 10/02/2020 at 21:07, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Yes he has

On 11/02/2020 at 07:01, True Blue said:

On 11/02/2020 at 09:21, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm well aware of the circumstances. But he's not undefeated. 

He’s made mistakes in his life. Is it proven he was trying to cheat to win a fight? No.

Ive said Jones is the goat for years and years, before he got as big as he is now. Even though he’s not as big as he should be imo. However he’s been questionable on his last couple of fights in terms of a goat status and I can’t put my finger on why haha... either way, he’s still undefeated in a true MMA fans eyes.

Edited by JOSHBRFC