talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MMA & Combat Sports

football forum

What sort of McGregor are we going to see later on then?

The past it, losing to anybody decent McGregor or will he spring a surprise and push for a title run. I’m betting former, and if he loses tonight he should walk away. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

As usual McNugget came up short. He was losing the round comfortably and was getting lit up at points there. I'd say walk away, but he'll not be doing much walking. @JoshBRFC

Good wins for Pereira, Griffin, and O'Malley. Burns was a boring cunt and no one will love him for it but he gets the W

I agree mate he was losing the round. But I still don’t think he was a dead cert to lose. Sad to see to be honest… but full credit to Poirier the man is an all round beast. And improved and come back from multiple losses so well.

Good card I enjoyed it. I agree about Burns, I wasn’t a fan of that. OMalley deserved the knockout but Im not sure he’s ready for the top guys but I’m sure he will get a too tight as he’s making a name for himself.

Tired as fuck after a few hours sleep but on we go for the final today. 

In terms of what he has brought to the sport, Conor will always be the GOAT. 

Shame to see how it's gone for him though, almost want him to comeback against a Burger King operator so that he can go out on a W - actually think he might face a YouTuber too just for the dollar like Mayweather did.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone watching the boxing tonight? I currently don't have DAZN, but £1.99 a month is very tempting. I almost paid for it last week before Conor Benn got covid and his fight was cancelled, so decided not to. I quite like tonights card; Kid Galahad vs. Jazza Dickens for the IBF Featherweight title. Fabio Wardley vs. Nick Webb is a decent domestic Heavyweight fight. Also have two more Heavyweight fights with Alen Babic and Johnny Fisher fighting opponents that appeared on the Ultimate Boxer that Nick Webb won.

Also have the UFC in the morning. Will watch that when I wake up. I can see Gane winning that quite comfortably tbh. Of course Lewis has that power but from what I've seen of Gane, he will be too class for Lewis.

Edited by Mikey

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Anyone watching the boxing tonight? I currently don't have DAZN, but £1.99 a month is very tempting. I almost paid for it last week before Conor Benn got covid and his fight was cancelled, so decided not to. I quite like tonights card; Kid Galahad vs. Jazza Dickens for the IBF Featherweight title. Fabio Wardley vs. Nick Webb is a decent domestic Heavyweight fight. Also have two more Heavyweight fights with Alen Babic and Johnny Fisher fighting opponents that appeared on the Ultimate Boxer that Nick Webb won.

Also have the UFC in the morning. Will watch that when I wake up. I can see Gane winning that quite comfortably tbh. Of course Lewis has that power but from what I've seen of Gane, he will be too class for Lewis.

Always. Great first event last week, it’s well worth it. 1.99 is insane, it will go up eventually and I’ll still subscribe. They have some decent content on there. 

Fight Camp in Matchroom Square Garden is brilliant. Best promotional team in the world. 

Agree about UFC, but you can never write Lewis off with what he’s come back from.

Edited by JoshBRFC
  • Like 1

@JoshBRFC Just paid for DAZN. Prize was too good to turn down. Really looking forward to the fights. Who do you see winning between Kid Galahad/Jazza Dickens and Wardley/Webb? I see Galahad beating him again, most likely on points, although he did stop him last time. Wardley and Webb's fight intrigues me the most tbh. Webb can bang but can't take a punch, and Wardley didn't look great in his last outing against a way past it Molina.

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Mikey said:

@JoshBRFC Just paid for DAZN. Prize was too good to turn down. Really looking forward to the fights. Who do you see winning between Kid Galahad/Jazza Dickens and Wardley/Webb? I see Galahad beating him again, most likely on points, although he did stop him last time. Wardley and Webb's fight intrigues me the most tbh. Webb can bang but can't take a punch, and Wardley didn't look great in his last outing against a way past it Molina.

Galahad, Wardley, Babic, Bridges all by KO.

PS there’s a boxing topic mate ;) 

Edited by JoshBRFC
  • Facepalm 1

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Just finished watching the UFC. Wow, Gane absolutely dominated Lewis. I thought he would win, but not that easily. Him vs. Ngannou will be fireworks.

Aye should be good. I imagine Stipe will face the winner. He deserves another shot… surely. And then there’s Jon Jones.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
14 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Where does Till go after this? Looked awful.

His lack of wrestling game cost him didn’t it, whereas Brunsons wrestling won him the fight. Surprised Till made it out of the first round.

Theres still big fights for him, they could try make the Vettori fight again. Or someone like Strickland.

12 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

His lack of wrestling game cost him didn’t it, whereas Brunsons wrestling won him the fight. Surprised Till made it out of the first round.

Theres still big fights for him, they could try make the Vettori fight again. Or someone like Strickland.

Till managed to go to Brazil and the only thing be learned was the language ffs, where's his ground game.