Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

MMA & Combat Sports

Posted (edited)

351676563_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.70c896cf60f7b97c5d0dbc037ce1b9fa.png

Should WWE Actually Be Worried About AEW?

There’s panic in the streets of Stamford, Connecticut. Or, anyway, there’s a sense that change is coming for the famously change-averse WWE after a ten-day period that could signal the start of a new era in professional wrestling. All it took to rattle WWE was for a new promotion—in this case, All Elite Wrestling—to have a dazzling debut show that was different enough from the WWE norm in ways that couldn’t help but stand out.

AEW’s debut show, Double or Nothing, was one of the very best shows of the year and peaked with the outlandish debut of Jon Moxley, who previously wrestled in WWE as Dean Ambrose. With that kind of legit star power in hand and as good a start as any promotion could have asked for now on the record, AEW seems to be in a position to challenge WWE’s monopolistic hold on North American wrestling, although whether they will manage that feat or not is hard to know right now. But WWE sure seems to be worried about it, and that might be just as important as whatever happens next.

Click for a full report

I´m not into MMA but this is knockout is just amazing. Fast knockout in UFC history.

Askren saw Masvidal going for a flying knee so he decided to headbutt that knee. xD

Amazing... I watched it all live and I didn't expect that. Fair play to Masvidal.. He was practicing that exact move, given Askren's style. Wow. 

Amanda Nunes is definitely the goat of women's MMA. Knocking out Rousey, Cyborg and Holm and being a 2 weight champ, she's unreal. She's running out of opponents. 

McGregor being a nice guy as usual.

Brave as usual, attacking an old man. He just knows he has money and things will easily go away. People with money can do no wrong, so happy he is finished as a fighter. Hated him since i first saw him fight, first i was okay he is pumping up the numbers promoting fights i can accept that in martial arts, but during his career he showed he is a shit human being. Hope the old man gets big money off him.

What's he hitting old men in bars for? He's become out of control. He could have done alot more for himself but I think we can safely say that the best is way behind him. Fights such as the boxing match with Mayweather was also a mockery to the fighting world. 

All that money completely changed him, its such a shame. The young hungry Conor from 2013 onwards who tore through the 145 division with ease has gone forever.

I dislike Diaz, his record tells a different story of him being a superb fighter. Saying this i think he really is a good well rounded mma fighter, but hardly title material. Sad DC lost even tough i like Stipe too, missed the fight but it seemed it was closer than it looked.

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

I dislike Diaz, his record tells a different story of him being a superb fighter. Saying this i think he really is a good well rounded mma fighter, but hardly title material. Sad DC lost even tough i like Stipe too, missed the fight but it seemed it was closer than it looked.

He's decent. Certainly well rounded as you said. His only outstanding feature is his ability to tank punishment. His head is made out of some kind of fucking indestructible material, can't knock the lad out. If Conor  vs Diaz 2 had gone til a result it would have been Diaz picking up the W. Conor was evading and counter punching beautifully but always on the back foot, terrified of going to the ground. 

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He's decent. Certainly well rounded as you said. His only outstanding feature is his ability to tank punishment. His head is made out of some kind of fucking indestructible material, can't knock the lad out. If Conor  vs Diaz 2 had gone til a result it would have been Diaz picking up the W. Conor was evading and counter punching beautifully but always on the back foot, terrified of going to the ground. 

Felt Diaz won the second fight too, but UFC couldn't allow Conor the golden chicken to be defeated twice by a fighter than doesn't even have a camp before fights. Like i said i don't like Diaz but balls of steel and truly built for fighting.

Seriously considering cancelling my BT subscription. Another event put on to PPV by these bastard 😒

• Upvote 1

Another win for Khabib. Poirier comes across as a good guy and was hoping he could show more than he did but Khabib gives fighters very little to work with. Dominant performance overall.

• Upvote 1

It's annoying that Adesanya is so good. Someone needs to beat that Fornite dancing clown.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 6666 said:

It's annoying that Adesanya is so good. Someone needs to beat that Fornite dancing clown.

Stop 'dimming his shine' bro!!

If he's smart he will never fight Jon Jones. At least not while Jones is focused and fit. Adesanya is very tall for his weight class, which aides him in his strength of being hard to hit and counterpunching. Jones would negate that advantage and fuck him up big time. 

Posted (edited)

Stylebender is a great fighter eased through most of his fights and his KO record is amazing, but he is such an cunt. Reminds me a lot of Conor while Israel being five times the fighter that the Irish cunt is. He called out Jones, personally they have similar very unpredictable styles but Jones would genuinely kill him.

13 hours ago, True Blue said:

Stylebender is a great fighter eased through most of his fights and his KO record is amazing, but he is such an cunt. Reminds me a lot of Conor while Israel being five times the fighter that the Irish cunt is. He called out Jones, personally they have similar very unpredictable styles but Jones would genuinely kill him.

Disagree that he's like conor. Stylebender is flamboyant and boyish rather than a messed up little prick. I agree Jones would tear him apart however.

Stylebender is the real deal. What a man!

Him fighting Jones any time soon would be a big mistake, Jones is still the GOAT,  imo.

Also Jones could easily by a Heavyweight but his weight cuts make him a Light Heavyweight. While Israel is a middleweight, think both would need to make big weight adjustments to make this happen. Also Israel won his title and Jones has been a champion for ages. Hardly a super fight even with their similar style of fighting.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Stylebender is the real deal. What a man!

Him fighting Jones any time soon would be a big mistake, Jones is still the GOAT,  imo.

GSP is the goat IMO. Beat everyone he ever faced, didn't get done for PEDs twice. Never hit and run anyone is his car, never got coked up.

I think Khabib will be in the conversion later if he ever unifies belts or retires undefeated.

• Thanks 1

On 08/10/2019 at 04:57, Devil-Dick Willie said:

GSP is the goat IMO. Beat everyone he ever faced, didn't get done for PEDs twice. Never hit and run anyone is his car, never got coked up.

I think Khabib will be in the conversion later if he ever unifies belts or retires undefeated.

I have always said the same about GSP, I hope the talks of a potential fight with Khabib arent just talk... yair and Reyes both take the W tonight. B|

Pussy McGregor is fighting January 18 in Las Vegas opponent TBD:

Or 

The baddest mf Nate diaz... nate diaz doesn't need the UFC, the UFC needs nate Diaz. A heavy hitting machine that will make any choke look simple. 

@Carnivore Chris

Diaz and Masvidal are exciting but they're not as good as people are making out for fuck sake xD 

They've lost 24 times between them.