talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MMA & Combat Sports

football forum

19 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

He’s made mistakes in his life. Is it proven he was trying to cheat to win a fight? No.

Ive said Jones is the goat for years and years, before he got as big as he is now. Even though he’s not as big as he should be imo. However he’s been questionable on his last couple of fights in terms of a goat status and I can’t put my finger on why haha... either way, he’s still undefeated in a true MMA fans eyes.

No. He has a loss next to his name for using 12 to 6 elbows. He isn't undefeated in anyones eyes. 

On 16/02/2020 at 03:49, JOSHBRFC said:

He’s made mistakes in his life. Is it proven he was trying to cheat to win a fight? No.

Ive said Jones is the goat for years and years, before he got as big as he is now. Even though he’s not as big as he should be imo. However he’s been questionable on his last couple of fights in terms of a goat status and I can’t put my finger on why haha... either way, he’s still undefeated in a true MMA fans eyes.

I do think he is the most complete mma fighter of all time apart from maybe GSP. He was guilty of being on roids, and we all made mistakes during our personal life agreed.

10 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

We didn't all run somebody over and run away like cowards. 

Haha fair that, i don't even think he is a good person. I always thought that famous sportsmen should be role models. They are all human i understand, but Jon Jones is not someone you would look up to. Great fighter no doubt about it, but not a good human being no way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Fucking hell. I’ve got goosebumps watching that main event. What a fucking performance from Gaethje, he brutalised Ferguson. 

Ferguson is a hard bastard though, gotta have respect for how he kept going forward despite taking that sort of damage. Those shots would have put 99% of fighters down. 

Had Gaethje by tko/ok, Ngannou by tko/ko and Cruz by decision in a treble bet. Annoyed by the stoppage in the Cruz fight, how can you stop a fight when the fighter is getting back to his feet, Cruz was clearly not ko’d in any way. Cruz looked good as well and I’d have back it to go the distance at that point. 

• Subscriber

Enjoyed the event. You could hear the sounds of the blows and the punches and the fighters breathing heavy etc when tired. Very different experience but good card nonetheless. 

Ferguson is an animal with his chin but his tactics and performance were really bad. Credit to Justin though, exact opposite he was brilliant. 

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

One day the worlds biggest cock lickers will stand to be counted. On that day McTapper will be among them 

shhh you'll upset the British members that lick the Irish's member

• 1 month later...

Yan beat Aldo to the surprise of no one
Holloway beat Volkonovski, to the opinion of everyone except the judges.
Usman put everyone to sleep except Masvidal.

I hate being "that guy", and I love all the facets of MMA. Boxing, Kickboxing, Wrestling and Jujitsu. I am a huge Khabib fan for example, but Usman did next to 0 work. Wrestled his way into good positions and stood there stamping on Geroges toes for 20 minutes. 

On 12/07/2020 at 07:05, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Yan beat Aldo to the surprise of no one
Holloway beat Volkonovski, to the opinion of everyone except the judges.
Usman put everyone to sleep except Masvidal.

I hate being "that guy", and I love all the facets of MMA. Boxing, Kickboxing, Wrestling and Jujitsu. I am a huge Khabib fan for example, but Usman did next to 0 work. Wrestled his way into good positions and stood there stamping on Geroges toes for 20 minutes. 

It's his fight, he didn't do much but he didn't let Jorge do much too. 

I'm in the same boat, the fight was great as his personality. I'm shocked no one talks how Usman looked completely subpar when trading blows. He really looked tagged/wobbly everytime Game Bread threw an 1-2. And I think Jorge was trying to kick too much against a dude that was prepared to get that leg everytime he tried a kick. 

Wonderboy would give Marty trouble, imo.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 24/10/2020 at 21:53, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Khabib is 29-0 and Whittaker proves he is the best of the rest in the middleweight division. Lining up a rematch against Stylebender. 

But no one on this British forum cares because the leprechaun isn't fighting xD

Whittaker turned down the fight, pretty much. Bizarre.

All this Khabib the goat talk, JJ said it himself. Look at their title defences. 

Jones and GSP are the 2 goats for me. Khabib is top 10 for sure.

15 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Whittaker turned down the fight, pretty much. Bizarre.

All this Khabib the goat talk, JJ said it himself. Look at their title defences. 

Jones and GSP are the 2 goats for me. Khabib is top 10 for sure.

I think if you took every UFC fighter ever and shrunk/grew them to 170, Khabib would beat everyone. So in that regard he's the goat. GSP is the actual greatest ever in terms of domination and what he's done for the sport 

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I think if you took every UFC fighter ever and shrunk/grew them to 170, Khabib would beat everyone. So in that regard he's the goat. GSP is the actual greatest ever in terms of domination and what he's done for the sport 

I’d rather not pretend you can just give athletes Ant Man’s suit and just simply evaluate their longevity, opponents, title defences etc etc