talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MMA & Combat Sports

football forum

1 minute ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Some won't but i can guarantee some are trying to gain an understanding of MMA. I know it is frustrating when you like something then loads of newbs come along because of one guy.. but gradually some of them will follow MMA and not McGregor. I've seen it myself. He will come and go and when he's gone MMA will have new fans. That's why i respect people like Conor.

You can mate, i won't love you any less 

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, True Blue said:

You can mate, i won't love you any less 

xD I'm speaking from experience. I've had mates who only tune in because of him. Then when i was excited for the likes of Bones or GSP they were like..... :S Then on the flip side i've seen lads actually paying an interest whereas before Conor they didn't. So you get both is my point. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Rick said:

I don't enjoy it no, it's ridiculous.

In most cases I would agree but when it's against extremely disrespectful people then I'm totally for it. McGregor and his team and most of his fans are just loutish cunts.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rick said:

No doubt about that, but it just ruined all the good work that Khabib has done

Let's be honest, it'll just be used as hype for his next fight the same way Conor attacking the bus was used for this fight. In the short term he'll get some sort of punishment but long term it'll just mean more eyes on him. Dana White is secretly rubbing his hands.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Just woke up and read the news, McGregor is the GOAT of MMA. What he has done for the sport is unbelievable but he was never going to beat Kebab after such a long time out of the game. 

Disgraceful scenes though apparently, will probably end up in a rematch like there was with Diaz.

How is he the GOAT of MMA?

4 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

How is he the GOAT of MMA?

He's not the greatest but have to give him credit, only knows how to throw punches and talk shit but made it big. Whenever he lost, he still made people think he's the man just by talking shit. xD Don't know what he's gonna say now though, was well and truly dominated in the fight and the post fight incidents might make him consider being a bit more careful about talking shit to people.

Edited by 6666

35 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Just woke up and read the news, McGregor is the GOAT of MMA. What he has done for the sport is unbelievable but he was never going to beat Kebab after such a long time out of the game. 

Disgraceful scenes though apparently, will probably end up in a rematch like there was with Diaz.

GOAT? Ahahahahahahaha. I love you, but seriously, go and take your face for a shit X

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Look at the respect after the Diaz and McGregor fights. People saying Conor deserved this... that was more than just trash talking at the end. It was disgusting. 

What did people expect? McGregor completely stepped over the line in the press conferences. This was absolutely personal for Khabib. The soft cunt deserves everything thrown at him and more. That fluke overhand against Aldo had everyone convinced he was the greatest fighter ever. He’s never won after 2 rounds ffs.

I wouldn't condone that in a sport, great publicity as a one time thing for UFC but also a complete embarrassment and just highlights how inept they've been at managing this fight.

Do not feel sorry for Dana or the UFC, they used the bus incident to promote this fight, allowed McGregor to talk as he has done to sell the fight and are partly at fault for the outcome. The men hate each other.

Dont feel for McGregor, shit thing for the "men" jumping the cage to do but the amount of shit he's spoken throughout the build up a reaction of this magnitude isn't completely undeserved.

Khabib has obviously been filling up with hatred after the stuff Conor said about him, and whilst you could try and make an excuse for him he let himself down as well as the UFC.

All three parties in the wrong but it was entertaining and they'll all make their monies worth so I'm sure no one really cares.

But the UFC has just looked completely amateur after that. Sure if there's a rematch Dana will ramp up the publicity over all of this.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

I think that's McGregor done tbh. Will probably do a year or two or more promo but I just don't see him doing much fighting now - you can't leave the game for so long and come back as you were.

He will 100% fight again. 

• Subscriber
55 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

What did people expect? McGregor completely stepped over the line in the press conferences. This was absolutely personal for Khabib. The soft cunt deserves everything thrown at him and more. That fluke overhand against Aldo had everyone convinced he was the greatest fighter ever. He’s never won after 2 rounds ffs.

He’s never won after 2 rounds?

It was personal for both of them. But Khabib and his team are slimey rats, this all started with Khabib and his team bullying one of Conor’s mates.

• Subscriber
Just now, Cannabis said:

Kebab II?

Doubt it. Khabib is a beast but he’s so fucking boring to watch. All his fights are boring he just sits on people round after round. 

However... Conor May fancy it again, who knows. 

Diaz 3 will happen at some point. 

10 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

He’s never won after 2 rounds?

It was personal for both of them. But Khabib and his team are slimey rats, this all started with Khabib and his team bullying one of Conor’s mates.

Come off it Josh, the hotel incident is not justification for McGregors bus incident. That was completely on McGregor, that incident is what started the fight. Khabib and Lobov was their own issue.

Im sure Khabib isn't a saint but the bias towards McGregor is embarrassing, the guy has done everything he can to make Khabib absolutely hate him if he didn't already. As Philomena said, McGregor stepped over the line in the press conferences (as well as with the bus)...doesn't excuse Khabib but fucking hell Conor pushed him as far as he could go, talking about how he'd be locked up for what he'd do to him if there wasn't a UFC bout, his family, etc etc. The guy is a ticking time bomb, was great promotion for the UFC before, but is now turning things sour and tbh boring because it's all too predictable.